21/1 - Next EFL manager to go

3 hours ago, SupremeOwl said:

That's more to do with Chansiri, not Monk. 

Any other club and he would've been gone weeks ago. 

Any other club would've probably asked him to bring in his own coaching staff...

2 hours ago, SupremeOwl said:

Equally though, I don't think those teams have manufactured that loss in points in the same way we have. They've hit a bad patch, we've quite literally gone off the rails, losing all semblance of organisation and tactical nouse in the process. 

Their positions are still recoverable and their destiny is still very much their own hands for them to influence. I don't think ours is anymore and we only have ourselves to blame. 

If you was in charge you would have revolving door going none top with Managers coming and going.  

The next manager what would you expect of him after a full season in charge?

36 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Well he wouldn't be bringing Pep Clotet would he? :ph34r:

Speaking of Peps, Pep Guardiola's announcement that he's sticking with City is a massive blow to us. That was the first name on our list of replacements

:Chansiri:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, SupremeOwl said:

That's more to do with Chansiri, not Monk. 

Any other club and he would've been gone weeks ago. 

Would he? DC might have given him certain parameters to work within. I.e. you can have money to spend but you need to get rid of a few. As I've said in another thread the ones told they could leave have not gone for whatever reason.

Ergo, DC knows the score.

4 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

what a load of rubbish!! Teams would be replacing managers every month based on your theory/comments. West Brom have just had a similar dip in form, as have Fulham...should they be looking for new managers?

any fan who believes your side can pick up points in every game in the championship, need their heads looking at!! 

Are you seriously saying we're having "a dip" in form?

We've gone on the bloody Big One at Blackpool Pleasure Beach and we've heading straight for the sea.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

what a load of rubbish!! Teams would be replacing managers every month based on your theory/comments. West Brom have just had a similar dip in form, as have Fulham...should they be looking for new managers?

any fan who believes your side can pick up points in every game in the championship, need their heads looking at!! 

I would have thought you needed your head looking at if at Christmas you'd have told me we were going to pick up five points up to and including the Reading match. This is hardly a blip in form it's a nosedive into oblivion.

4 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

No but both Leeds and WBA have literally thrown a minimum of 9-12 points away to give the top 5/6 a very good chance of catching them. Similar scenario just different consequences!! 

West Brom are 7 points clear in terms of an automatic promotion place and Leeds are still 2nd.

By comparison we have gone from 3rd place to 9 points behind 6th place. In that time we have lost to the worst team in the division at the time, the 3rd worst team and have taken a point off the 2nd worst team. Stoke were also in or around the bottom 3 when we lost to them, Reading and Hull aren't much better.

5 points from 10 games and we are the lowest scorers at home in the division.  Nearly a quarter of the season with dire results week after week and equally bad performances with odd team selections and poor excuses. 

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

Am a bit surprised that Monk is seen as 'pretty safe' with 1 win in 10 league games.

If the owner wasn't riding around theme parks while we nose dive then the odds might be shorter. I know he doesn't necessarily need to be in the country to make the call but it would be far more likely if he was around to address what is happening. Who is overseeing things for him? 

2 minutes ago, camffiti said:

I still think he will last until the summer ... OT would only flounce at Bullen being interim again, anyway 

I'm feeling like it's time for Bully to move on too. Great guy, but he's been a constant at the club for failure after failure after failure. If we're gonna start fresh, let's start fresh.
Fingers crossed for Bully he can get a management job as a small club and start climbing his way up.

4 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Monk won't be gone till November at the earliest.

Our Chairman won't sack him before then.

Alright Wyclef, not sure Chansiri can be bothered to be fair. Means him having to sit through another press conference looking stoned. 

Truthfully, I hope he does one as both his snidey personality(going on interviews etc) and way of playing are horrid. 

12 minutes ago, camffiti said:

When Monk was appointed, I was criticised for saying he'd only last a year ... That's pretty much the average of his management career

I still think he will last until the summer ... OT would only flounce at Bullen being interim again, anyway 

That's the issue I suppose.

The run we are on and the way we are playing, Monk's position deserves to be called into question. But if you are a manager worth your salt, would you take this job on now? 13 games to go, a team that can't score at home and seemingly has issues with unity within the squad. A potential points deduction could mean you are in danger of putting a relegation on your CV from 2 months work. The position should at least be a little clearer in that respect in the summer so more chance of attracting potential managers.

Right now it might just come down to whether Monk or Bullen would be a better choice for the remaining games. 

4 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Monk won't be gone till November at the earliest.

Our Chairman won't sack him before then.

Rumours are he only has a contract to the end of this season. If that is the case then he won't offer him a new one. 

1 hour ago, bobness said:

Speaking of Peps, Pep Guardiola's announcement that he's sticking with City is a massive blow to us. That was the first name on our list of replacements

:Chansiri:

Dunt impress me one bit, all about money with him, he'd jump ship if he had our players.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

Won't be going until Chansiri's been on all the rides and won a goldfish.

you have to wonder what this obsession with theme parks is or who is dragging whom around ?

he did the same when Bruce did one is this his way of singing lalalala and hoping it goes away ?  Well he's made 100m go away and counting

58 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

West Brom are 7 points clear in terms of an automatic promotion place and Leeds are still 2nd.

By comparison we have gone from 3rd place to 9 points behind 6th place. In that time we have lost to the worst team in the division at the time, the 3rd worst team and have taken a point off the 2nd worst team. Stoke were also in or around the bottom 3 when we lost to them, Reading and Hull aren't much better.

5 points from 10 games and we are the lowest scorers at home in the division.  Nearly a quarter of the season with dire results week after week and equally bad performances with odd team selections and poor excuses. 

Stoke were bottom.