21/1 - Next EFL manager to go

26 minutes ago, George said:

Big Ron took a poo side and got it relegated. Monk has taken a side pushing for promotion and is getting it relegated. 

Big Ron had a record of success. Monk has done fizz all anywhere.

This is the "Poo" side Big Ron took down in 1990. (Team from the last game against Forest)

Chris Turner
Phil King
Shirtliff
Pearson
N. Worthington
R. Nilsson
C. Palmer
John Sheridan
Atkinson
T. Francis
David Hirst

:laugh: Shocking side!!! But don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.

12 minutes ago, Prince said:

This is the "Poo" side Big Ron took down in 1990. (Team from the last game against Forest)

Chris Turner
Phil King
Shirtliff
Pearson
N. Worthington
R. Nilsson
C. Palmer
John Sheridan
Atkinson
T. Francis
David Hirst

:laugh: Shocking side!!! But don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.

I think you have misunderstood my point. When Big Ron took over from Useless Eustace, it was a poo side heading for relegation. He kept them up the first year and went down the next but there were signs of progress. That is completely different to taking over a side that is in and around the play-off spots and taking them down.

• Like 1

Just now, George said:

I think you have misunderstood my point. When Big Ron took over from Useless Eustace, it was a poo side heading for relegation. He kept them up the first year and went down the next but there were signs of progress. That is completely different to taking over a side that is in and around the play-off spots and taking them down.

The only difference is that one manager was afforded time to build his squad and put his stamp on it. These days everyone wants overnight success and if you have a losing streak the knives are out instantly. Give Monk the time to show what he can do when he has his team in place. We need to back him as a club or the merry-go-round will just continue

1 minute ago, Prince said:

The only difference is that one manager was afforded time to build his squad and put his stamp on it. These days everyone wants overnight success and if you have a losing streak the knives are out instantly. Give Monk the time to show what he can do when he has his team in place. We need to back him as a club or the merry-go-round will just continue

No the difference is Atkinson was a successful manager who showed progress. Monk is the opposite and his record shows that he is not the man for a long term rebuild.

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

No the difference is Atkinson was a successful manager who showed progress. Monk is the opposite and his record shows that he is not the man for a long term rebuild.

How do you become a successful manager? You are given the time and the tools to realise your potential in order to become successful surely. Over the dirty quarter of the city Wilder had a rough patch when he took over, I remember that lot wanting him gone after a few games in.

Guest everydays_wednesday
6 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I believe we're now on our 15th manager since the year 2000 so it would seem that no one is the man for the long-term rebuild.

We need to stop chopping and changing and finally give someone a chance. IMHO Monk should be given at least until the end of next season as a minimum to clear out the Deadwood and build his own squad and bring in his own coaching team.

41 minutes ago, George said:

Forget the subsequent promotion and cup win, Big Ron cements himself as an all time S6 legend purely for managing to part exchange Colin West for Carlton Palmer.

13 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

I believe we're now on our 15th manager since the year 2000 so it would seem that no one is the man for the long-term rebuild.

We need to stop chopping and changing and finally give someone a chance. IMHO Monk should be given at least until the end of next season as a minimum to clear out the Deadwood and build his own squad and bring in his own coaching team.

Not all 15 have been poor but the majority of them are. You would think we’re due a decent one so sack him and get one 

6 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

What concerns me is that Monk has brought in four new faces and none of them are automatic starters, Even the lad, Hidalgo, brought in for the U23s was dropped to the bench against Barnsley. Does not augur well for a summer rebuild.

Wickham will be regardless of current form.