George

21/1 - Next EFL manager to go

That's more to do with Chansiri, not Monk. 

Any other club and he would've been gone weeks ago. 

Just now, Kanye West said:

What good will it do changing the manager?

At least guarantees he won't be here to f<oo>k up the rebuild in summer so that's something I guess. 

9 minutes ago, SupremeOwl said:

That's more to do with Chansiri, not Monk. 

Any other club and he would've been gone weeks ago. 

Rubbish...working on your theory bielsa would have had the bullet in January!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Wednesday_Jack said:

Rubbish...working on your theory bielsa would have had the bullet in January!! 

Should've been, same thing happens to him too pal. Second half season syndrome and its gonna cost them again I reckon. Its only because of his status he's still there. Better at international level, always has been. 

2 minutes ago, SupremeOwl said:

Should've been, same thing happens to him too pal. Second half season syndrome and its gonna cost them again I reckon. Its only because of his status he's still there. Better at international level, always has been. 

what a load of rubbish!! Teams would be replacing managers every month based on your theory/comments. West Brom have just had a similar dip in form, as have Fulham...should they be looking for new managers?

any fan who believes your side can pick up points in every game in the championship, need their heads looking at!! 

3 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

what a load of rubbish!! Teams would be replacing managers every month based on your theory/comments. West Brom have just had a similar dip in form, as have Fulham...should they be looking for new managers?

any fan who believes your side can pick up points in every game in the championship, need their heads looking at!! 

Those teams haven't dropped from 3rd to 12th playing hoof ball within 1 month though have they. 

Not saying points should be picked up every game, but 1 win in 10 is tragic for any team and with only 13 games left and a potential points deduction to come, without any kind of change or reaction and we're as good as down now tbh. 

Edited by SupremeOwl
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Link doesn’t work for me?

Me neither mate 

• Thanks 1

It's because the internal view is way worse than the external view. We as fans can see this does not appear to be just a bad patch of form. Us, Hull, Boro and Reading are all in terrible form but the bookies probably just see it as that, simply a bad patch. Obviously we can see how bad things are and how this could turn from just "bad form" in to a relegation.

Edited by CF_Owl

Edit - this isn't a comment about our current predicament, just the state of football in general

The reason why there are few viable alternatives who are out of work are because clubs press the panic button far too early nowadays - we as fans don't always know extenuating circumstances behind manager exits. We just see W-D-L numbers.

Snapshot in time approaches are driven by bookies. It's how the earn their bunce. Same as the BBC journalists who seemingly always want someone fired.

1 minute a manager is flavour of the month, the next they're fired after 5 bad results.

Best example recently is Shaun Dyche. A month ago articles where ten a penny saying Burnley were going down. A few wins later their promoting their European credentials.

It's one of the biggest things I hate about modern football

Edited by Chris Apolon

34 minutes ago, SupremeOwl said:

Those teams haven't dropped from 3rd to 12th playing hoof ball within 1 month though have they. 

Not saying points should be picked up every game, but 1 win in 10 is tragic for any team and with only 13 games left and a potential points deduction to come, without any kind of change or reaction and we're as good as down now tbh. 

No but both Leeds and WBA have literally thrown a minimum of 9-12 points away to give the top 5/6 a very good chance of catching them. Similar scenario just different consequences!! 

1 hour ago, George said:

Odds on next manager to leave  

Can't believe he hasn't gone yet. I'm not a betting man but it worries me that the bookies think he is pretty safe. 

Absolutely NO way DC is going to sack him. DC will not do anything, that I am certain of. 

10 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

No but both Leeds and WBA have literally thrown a minimum of 9-12 points away to give the top 5/6 a very good chance of catching them. Similar scenario just different consequences!! 

Equally though, I don't think those teams have manufactured that loss in points in the same way we have. They've hit a bad patch, we've quite literally gone off the rails, losing all semblance of organisation and tactical nouse in the process. 

Their positions are still recoverable and their destiny is still very much their own hands for them to influence. I don't think ours is anymore and we only have ourselves to blame. 

Edited by SupremeOwl

Monk won't be gone till November at the earliest.

Our Chairman won't sack him before then.

He can do it. Proven by been third at christmas.  The huge downturn in form is an internal bust up/problem.  Wether it's the lack of respect toward a manager, poor man management or players giving up due to contract renewals or just falling out we can only speculate. I think he's been left trying desparate things and for that maybe he needs the summer to have a sort come back with flying colours.  If he doesn't then he proper needs the boot.

DC won't act. He's having far too much enjoyment at the fun fair. Bless him.

3 hours ago, George said:

Odds on next manager to leave  

Can't believe he hasn't gone yet. I'm not a betting man but it worries me that the bookies think he is pretty safe. 

Because he is pretty safe.