FFP forecast

8 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Why don’t you just post what you’ve heard then?

I mean it’s not like your passing it off as gospel. 

Let’s hear it and then have a mass debate about it.

8 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Not sure the grandad part is right...interview with his (DCs) father below.

——-

I myself was unlucky in that I had no chance for school study. My father had not created any business for the family, and I just gained a small education from Chinese books for a few years. At that time, I did work myself by teaching Chinese language at home, as well as other daytime jobs, such as house painting and cleaning, sending letters, being a sales and accounting clerk, which used the Chinese language,” he said.

Kraisorn said that he started his life from “three zeroes”: zero in knowledge, zero in capital, and zero in credit.

“I raised Bt10,000 in cash from playing the stock market to be my initial investment capital. I joined with two friends to set up the first company with only Bt40,000 in investment capital, selling imported car paint and construction materials. Then, I was persuaded by my friend to open a garage at Saphan Khwai, and also opened a fabric shop in Sampeng market,” he said

What I have heard is that the people behind the money are making about £150M net each week and that DC is the Golden Grandchild and pretty much gets what he wants. So there are links via his Grandad but I never said his Grandad had the money. However it seems there are, or could be, others involved in this beyond his family at the kind of scale of Man City's owners.

This has indirectly come from someone within the game, or within the club. I am not sure who, but the person who mentioned this to me I know and trust and I doubt he would have mentioned this purely based on gossip as that isn't his style.

Put it this way, when Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett (Derby County) crashed their car while drunk, I found out within a matter of hours. When Westwood and Hutch were banished to the U23s and told to stay away from the 1st team squad, ditto. All from the same person. So I sort of think it might be credible, but I really do not know.

Anyway, it make no real difference at this point in time as we are where we are.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

What I have heard is that the people behind the money are making about £150M net each week and that DC is the Golden Grandchild and pretty much gets what he wants. So there are links via his Grandad but I never said his Grandad had the money. However it seems there are, or could be, others involved in this beyond his family at the kind of scale of Man City's owners.

This has indirectly come from someone within the game, or within the club. I am not sure who, but the person who mentioned this to me I know and trust and I doubt he would have mentioned this purely based on gossip as that isn't his style.

Put it this way, when Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett (Derby County) crashed their car while drunk, I found out within a matter of hours. When Westwood and Hutch were banished to the U23s and told to stay away from the 1st team squad, ditto. All from the same person. So I sort of think it might be credible, but I really do not know.

Anyway, it make no real difference at this point in time as we are where we are.

Bet they stayed on-site at one of the Disneyland hotels then.

(thanks btw)

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I've no idea. That wasn't mentioned.

I have no inside information but I don’t doubt DC can afford this. He has thrown millions at it, and if it wasn’t for FFP, I think he’d have another go. But what’s the point if he’s going to make the same mistakes again ? He needs to invest in advisors, scouts, and coaches. He tried with Bruce but the fact that Monk wasn’t allowed to bring anyone with him is a strange one. Either DC is looking at it as a temporary fix, until his preferred candidate is available, or he’s just going to let nature take its course with a continual downward spiral. Personally, I don’t think he will get his investment back, so he’d be as well taking the financial hit, cutting his losses, and selling us for a song.

29 minutes ago, doubleo said:

I have no inside information but I don’t doubt DC can afford this. He has thrown millions at it, and if it wasn’t for FFP, I think he’d have another go. But what’s the point if he’s going to make the same mistakes again ? He needs to invest in advisors, scouts, and coaches. He tried with Bruce but the fact that Monk wasn’t allowed to bring anyone with him is a strange one. Either DC is looking at it as a temporary fix, until his preferred candidate is available, or he’s just going to let nature take its course with a continual downward spiral. Personally, I don’t think he will get his investment back, so he’d be as well taking the financial hit, cutting his losses, and selling us for a song.

I agree with all of that. Whether or not he has millions to burn, he hasn't gone about this the right way. He's made some bad decisions, and some shocking ones too. But he's also done some good things, but apart from the pitch, not on it and the operations behind it.

What I do find odd, whoever is pumping money in to this, is that someone within TUF or his family hasn't put him on the straight and narrow. Maybe they have tried, I don't know. I guess all will be revealed at some point.

All I know is, we may as well have no money because we can't spend it anyway.

3 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I agree with all of that. Whether or not he has millions to burn, he hasn't gone about this the right way. He's made some bad decisions, and some shocking ones too. But he's also done some good things, but apart from the pitch, not on it and the operations behind it.

What I do find odd, whoever is pumping money in to this, is that someone within TUF or his family hasn't put him on the straight and narrow. Maybe they have tried, I don't know. I guess all will be revealed at some point.

All I know is, we may as well have no money because we can't spend it anyway.

I have suspected for a long while that there are very good reasons that certain people hang around our football club and keep a very close eye on things.

Maybe I'm adding 2 and 2 together and making 5

I find it funny that some people think he’s becoming skint, meaning none of the businesses  he’s involved with are earning money anymore, since he bought us. He might have spent over the last 5 years but he’s obviously earning at the same time.

He did an overnight bank transfer for £60m recently! 
Doesn’t seem to be losing much sleep over it. 

On 15/02/2020 at 23:31, Junk Smuggler said:

The guy comes into football not knowing nothing about the game. Disagreeing with the idea of FFP is one thing but to be in the position we are in now shoes total arrogance on his part. Saying we are all in it together as a family suggest we agreed with it?!

It appears that you've smuggled too much junk.

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I have suspected for a long while that there are very good reasons that certain people hang around our football club and keep a very close eye on things.

Maybe I'm adding 2 and 2 together and making 5

Well if you are making 5, then so am I and countless others. Can we all be wrong?

I'm sure that who and how much will not be known for a long time, if ever. But like you said, certain people hang around the club and it's been noticed.

2 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I find it funny that some people think he’s becoming skint, meaning none of the businesses  he’s involved with are earning money anymore, since he bought us. He might have spent over the last 5 years but he’s obviously earning at the same time.

What businesses is he involved in, besides the family business (Of which he is nowhere near a major player in)?

On 15/02/2020 at 20:25, owl_83 said:

One thing has bothered me. Surely forecasting your profit and loss cannot be that hard to stay within the FFP limit. You buy a player for £5 million on a 4 year contract, you pay him £20k a week. That is £1.25 million amortisation per year plus approx £1 million in wages. You will have various add ons with that, pension, employers NI, bonuses etc. Surely you can keep a database of all players and work out their estimated cost per year, add on various other costs such as backroom, other staff, maintenance etc. Season ticket and TV revenue would be the same all year round. It can't have been that hard to foresee we were near the FFP limit? 

Incompetence

Naivety

Stubborness

Arrogance

Delusions of grandeur

Ineptness

Inexperienced

Gulluble

Control freak

etc

etc

etc

14 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I was under the impression that very little if any money actually changed hands in the stadium sale. 

18 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

What businesses is he involved in, besides the family business (Of which he is nowhere near a major player in)?

Chansiri Real Estate Co., Limited, Thai Union Properties Limited and Geminai & Associate Co. Limited.

Thai Union Group is not a family business. Indeed collectively, the Chansiri stake in the business is less than 20%.

• Thanks 2