FFP forecast

24 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Private, accumulated wealth?

DC ain't as rich as some make out on here, but he ain't exactly poor either. We will find out in due course if getting to the Premier League was a short term gamble that failed or whether he can actually sustain ownership of the club and rebuild. Maybe "whatever it takes" had it's limitations that have already been exceeded.

He’s always stated at forums that no 3rd party sponsor would pay what he will around the ground / shirts etc so who knows? Doesn’t come across as a blagger because we got 3 players in January & wages keep getting paid for everyone. Usually first indication of any problems. 

20 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

He’s always stated at forums that no 3rd party sponsor would pay what he will around the ground / shirts etc so who knows? Doesn’t come across as a blagger because we got 3 players in January & wages keep getting paid for everyone. Usually first indication of any problems. 

The first statement confuses me. EFL state that any sponsorship or advertising deal must be the "commercial rate". As I understand it, EFL investigated the issue of using face companies and concluded the amount DC is putting into the club in terms of commercial revenue not be of any significance. I can only assume from that, EFL mean in line with what can be expected from a third party. It may be a little more but not significantly so.

I agree in terms of the recent signings but I also found it a little worrying that they were brought in without firstly moving players out. It seems to exacerbate an already serious financial issue, especially if as rumoured in the press, we could have offloaded Rhodes for £500K.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, londonowl said:

Sorry misread the last one...I quickly read it as Gemini Watercraft which is also majority owned by DC but doesn't trade. The first 2 I think we agree on. I have no idea what Gemini & Associates does so maybe that's the business that does the business for him! 

I thought he owned a construction company, from which he was the 'successful businessman' are we now saying that the property business is just leasing property back to TUF?

8 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I thought he owned a construction company, from which he was the 'successful businessman' are we now saying that the property business is just leasing property back to TUF?

I'm not saying it doesn't exist but every business involvement I have ever found for DC is all related back to TUF and certainly has the appearance as being his share of the family spoils rather than any self generated business success.

That being said, it's a murky world so I'm not categorically dismissing the idea that he has built his own empire somewhere that nobody has been able to find.

4 minutes ago, londonowl said:

I'm not saying it doesn't exist but every business involvement I have ever found for DC is all related back to TUF and certainly has the appearance as being his share of the family spoils rather than any self generated business success.

That being said, it's a murky world so I'm not categorically dismissing the idea that he has built his own empire somewhere that nobody has been able to find.

It is worrying if nobody can find this 'successful' business, I thought it would have been common knowledge, something DC was proud to articulate. If as you say all businesses lead back to cosy arrangements with TUF it may explain our structure as you wouldn't expect those business relationships to be too troublesome. Unfortunately football in England I'd far from a cosy relationship, ask Mr Gibson...

15 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Of the three companies I was told about, the first two are in the real estate business and appear to buy, sell or lease domestic and commercial properties. Chansiri Real Estate Co., Ltd. appear to have just under USD $45 million worth of registered assets which does not seems a lot. Geminai & Associate Co., Limited are registered as an "Architectural and Building Design" company which sounds more like a service provider to the construction industry rather than a construction company in its own right.

13 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

I find it funny that some people think he’s becoming skint, meaning none of the businesses  he’s involved with are earning money anymore, since he bought us. He might have spent over the last 5 years but he’s obviously earning at the same time.

He did an overnight bank transfer for £60m recently! 
Doesn’t seem to be losing much sleep over it. 

That’s not true. 
the sale of the ground is amortised over multiple years and one of the points the fa made us that theirs no paper trail of money being paid. 

• Thanks 1

The 60m was in debtors so no he did not transfer the money overnight. Any why the EFL question that (and Maguire) shows how thick they both are when it comes to accounting matters

Edited by mkowl