Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Just now, meggoisgod said:

Agreed it can be done...not with Monk tho I fear

Ah maybe not, it’s startling the lack of progress we’ve made in the same period. I don’t believe you can be successful anymore at this level playing attritional football

• Like 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

Ah maybe not, it’s startling the lack of progress we’ve made in the same period. I don’t believe you can be successful anymore at this level playing attritional football

We've actually regressed IMO. Even the U23s and U18s seem to be having a tough time ATM.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I may be wrong on this but where/are they being investigated for selling their ground also? 

Yeh there’s some dodgy stuff going off down there 

Reading Football Club has signed 18-year-old full-back Tomás Esteves on a season-long loan move from FC Porto.

Esteves is currently in his homeland with the Portugal Under-20 squad and will remain on international duty until he arrives at Bearwood Park to train with his new teammates in the middle of next week.

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Table topping Reading are trying to complete three deals for two players from Sporting and one from Porto, this following yesterday’s signing of Semedo, the former Forest loanee. Former Reading player, and free agent, Gunter, has signed a two year deal with Charlton 

Reading seem to be following the Wolves model to try and get to the Premier League They already have some very good players in their squad. Seems sustainable as well, as I believe they have 9 members of their youth team who represent their national side at that level. It’s unbelievable that we beat them in that first game last season and soon after they decided to take a new approach. So they’ve built all this since we played them a year ago last August, and they’ve changed coaches during that time. Just shows it can be done

Reading reported financial losses of 40.6m for the least financial year

Surely and investigation is around the corner

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

That’s that then for the international market. Have to say I’m surprised we didn’t use the international market for a signing or 2. 

and it means we won’t be offloading Joey or Borner

• Haha 1