Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Anyone concerned how quiet things are at the moment?  No rumours about anyone, apart from Leko and that seems to have dried up.

Are we going with what we have?

Zero rumours surrounding Izzy Brown or Dunkley until the day before. Seems we are going about our business in a different way to we have perhaps before.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Anyone concerned how quiet things are at the moment?  No rumours about anyone, apart from Leko and that seems to have dried up.

I’ve found it very strange that of all the players we’ve been linked with, none of have really been an out and out striker.

Reo Griffiths is the only one I’ve seen that’s a proper striker and water was poured on that rumour straight away. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Zero rumours surrounding Izzy Brown or Dunkley until the day before. Seems we are going about our business in a different way to we have perhaps before.

You say zero rumours, but to be fair there was Atts youtube video, and his liking on Instagram, far better and more accurate than any rumour or "journo"

12 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Crazy how quiet it seems for a club that only have 1 striker. Even if as expected we sign Windass I still don’t think he is what you would class as a striker. Things really need to start happening and fast. Such a big rebuild to do and we have only signed 3 players after letting so many go. 

I wouldn't be surprised to start the season with no new striker signed. We will probably get one in the end of the transfer window, it's just how we seem to operate, everything last minute.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

I wouldn't be surprised to start the season with no new striker signed. We will probably get one in the end of the transfer window, it's just how we seem to operate, everything last minute.

Scary thought because we need 3 new strikers for me. We've gone from having 7 to 1 in the space of about 2 years. We've not had a new striker at the club since Rhodes and Winnall. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Scary thought because we need 3 new strikers for me. We've gone from having 7 to 1 in the space of about 2 years. We've not had a new striker at the club since Rhodes and Winnall. 

No doubt our management of the squad has been appalling in recent years.

To go from a position of having:

Hooper

Forestieri

Fletcher

João

Rhodes

Winnall

Nuhiu

Matias

...to only having Rhodes left - and to have raised a grand total of £5m in return - is p*ss poor.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

No doubt our management of the squad has been appalling in recent years.

To go from a position of having:

Hooper

Forestieri

Fletcher

João

Rhodes

Winnall

Nuhiu

Matias

...to only having Rhodes left - and to have raised a grand total of £5m in return - is p*ss poor.

Yep, not signed a permanent striker since Jan 2017 :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

The thing with Windass, is he good enough to be a regular starter? He wasn’t at Wigan, and he was patchy here. If we can afford to carry 5 or 6 striking options, then maybe he can be a bit of a wildcard. 
If we’re looking to run a tighter ship, then any back up options, to my mind anyway, should be younger players

36 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Probably see three in on deadline day, possible loans. With the current financial situation we may be actively trying to get a couple more bodies out before raising some cash first. Only Dc really knows. 

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Hooper

Fletcher

Forestieri

Joao

Nuhiu

Winnall (possibly)

All better than Windass.

Always injured

Mostly injured

No form for 2 seasons

History