Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

10 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Adams has started scoring / playing for Southampton; he may do ok next season. 

Why would he go from Premier League to crap championship team with -12 points? There’s about 10 (at least) other championship teams he’d join before us 

Prior to him breaking back into the Southampton team, Southampton said if he left in the summer, it would not be on loan, and they would be looking to get back what they paid for him

Edited by gurujuan

59 minutes ago, Jim said:

I think we’ll go for Gregory. You get linked with someone enough times then it usually happens eventually plus we need a target man who’s affordable.

He’s probably capable of double figures, works hard and a battler. Not sure he’s a typical target man though, runs the channels a lot more

15 minutes ago, Hunter said:

and you wouldnt take him?

Nope. Swapping one ageing potential crock striker with high wages for another ageing potential crock striker with high wages isn't what we need really is it?

8 hours ago, striker said:

I agree, but not sure how it stacks up financially. I recall Nixon reporting he was on just over £30k per week, although in the last year of his contract, not sure Villa would be keen to subsidise a loan for a player to leave for nothing at the end of the season. 

At 28, has no resale value if signed permanently, do we want to commit to big wages, all our eggs in one basket, having been burned before?

Good player though, but not at the expense of financial sustainability.

Yep, there’s definitely risk there so got to make sure cost vs benefit is balanced

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Minton said:

Nope. Swapping one ageing potential crock striker with high wages for another ageing potential crock striker with high wages isn't what we need really is it?

From sources I've seen his wages are 4,500 a week so far from it compared to the wages we have paid to strikers we have had, old yes but prolific, 64 apps 32 goals in 2 years. If i must say so myself, that is exactly what we need..

Gregory is rank average,  not interested 

Tyler Walker, honestly , let’s get him here , sick of the coffin dodgers rocking up let’s have a young bright option up top who’s scored goals domestically everywhere he’s been on loan and just needs a chance in this league 

17 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Tyler Walker, honestly , let’s get him here , sick of the coffin dodgers rocking up let’s have a young bright option up top who’s scored goals domestically everywhere he’s been on loan and just needs a chance in this league 

Agree I’d rather we spent any money signing younger players like Walker or Telford than on 30+ year olds.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

As we only have one striker who might leave anyway, we will probably need a mix. Would like walker here but he is probably average at this level at the moment also and needs developing

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

As we only have one striker who might leave anyway, we will probably need a mix. Would like walker here but he is probably average at this level at the moment also and needs developing

That’s true, but we can’t go down the Rhodes and Winnall route again Do we never learn

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

See your point but we’ve tried it though with the journeymen, it doesn’t work , we’ve got Rhodes who they can lean on for experience 👀

Honestly no interest at all in seeing likes of Gregory , Martin or any other 30+ journeyman come in