Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

See your point but we’ve tried it though with the journeymen, it doesn’t work , we’ve got Rhodes who they can lean on for experience 👀

Honestly no interest at all in seeing likes of Gregory , Martin or any other 30+ journeyman come in 

Fletcher was a journeyman and we were all gutted that he hasn't stayed.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Yeh I was a huge fan of him last year, but I’m honestly not bothered he’s now at Stoke ,  his fitness will always always let him down and he’s pi55 poor value for money 

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Not sure about that, he journeyed to the South of France I suppose Obviously Stoke see Fletcher as an upgrade on Gregory, so why would we want to take him

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

personally I feel Gregory would be a big downgrade from Fletcher. 

Probably both on a par in terms of how many would score,  likely to get more games out of Gregory than Fletch though 

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

personally I feel Gregory would be a big downgrade from Fletcher. 

Probably is but if the rumours are true and we only offered him a fraction of his current wage to stay then you cant blame him for leaving. 

Edited by pazowl55

14 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

See your point but we’ve tried it though with the journeymen, it doesn’t work , we’ve got Rhodes who they can lean on for experience 👀

Honestly no interest at all in seeing likes of Gregory , Martin or any other 30+ journeyman come in 

I think Gregory is unfortunately no where near as good as Fletcher. But more affordable, 3 years younger  and seemingly still has plenty to prove after the Stoke move. A battler also whereas Rhodes seems too nice.

There are loads better (obviously) and he wouldn’t be my first choice of the targets mentioned but I think there are qualities he might add that would help in the current situation and I think he’s better than what he showed at stoke. He got to grips with the league at millwall.

There’s also the genuine point that if we only go for younger players, over the course of the season, they will need experience on deck.

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not sure about that, he journeyed to the South of France I suppose Obviously Stoke see Fletcher as an upgrade on Gregory, so why would we want to take him

Because that's unfortunately where we are at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Probably. Had the likes of Fletcher stayed or in the absence of covid 19 and had us 12 points clear we would’ve had them docked this season as it wouldn’t matter. But as per that article auto relegation which would’ve happened with a basic -12 at that stage (the worst case punishment) didn’t fit our crime. If that’s true and they tried to relegate us the EFL are well out of line with their own rules.

Seems the written decision has been issued after all. 

Edited by Bluesteel

Nothing in that article that we didn’t already know really is there 

clear as day the EFL screwed the whole case and left it far too late for the IDC to impose on this season

The EFL have nobody to blame but themselves