Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 minute ago, swfc1983 said:

Looks like Stoke are signing John Obi Mikel, looks like they are plumping for experience over youth.....where have we seen that before?🤔

Ha ha, yep it’s poo or bust Having said that, had we had Mikel for that play off final, the result might have been different

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Ha ha, yep it’s poo or bust Having said that, had we had Mikel for that play off final, the result might have been different

Yeah it could’ve been, to be honest I’ve never really rated Mikel never understood the hype but that’s only my opinion. Stoke going all in you’d think Mikel, Fletcher and Chester will all be on a decent wedge between them however all free signings so no transfer fees involved. 

Edited by swfc1983

Yeah it could’ve been, to be honest I’ve never really rated Mikel never understood the hype but that’s only my opinion. Stoke going all in you’d think Mikel, Fletcher and Chester will all be on a decent wedge between them however all free signings so no transfer fees involved. 

Their rebuild is moving a lot faster than ours, that’s for sure. They are still chasing Fraser, Dykes and Telford, despite not really having a clear out. If they get those other two strikers in, that will give them 8 in total, so yes, that’s a lot of wages

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Their rebuild is moving a lot faster than ours, that’s for sure. They are still chasing Fraser, Dykes and Telford, despite not really having a clear out. If they get those other two strikers in, that will give them 8 in total, so yes, that’s a lot of wages

They are in a much stronger financial position then us currently but it is easy to see them in our position in a year or twos time if they don’t go up. Not much resale value unless they sell Butland for big money.

• Like 1

They are in a much stronger financial position then us currently but it is easy to see them in our position in a year or twos time if they don’t go up. Not much resale value unless they sell Butland for big money.

Exactly, but that won’t be much consolation to us if we draw them first game, and they have 8 strikers to call upon, and we have just Jordan Rhodes

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Exactly, but that won’t be much consolation to us if we draw them first game, and they have 8 strikers to call upon, and we have just Jordan Rhodes

It won’t but we are where we are because of financial mismanagement and poor recruitment. I recognise the need to get strikers in ASAP but quite happy for us to wait to get the right/affordable ones in. Covid-19 has made the market unpredictable, clubs reluctant to do much business currently. This transition won’t be sorted this summer alone, it will take a few years. We need to make sure we have a team finishing 4th bottom next season absolute minimum.

• Like 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

They might have eight to call on but at least half of them will probably be on the bench at best. 

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Stoke throwing daft money about I see 

I suppose they can though, they have it to spend, and most of the deals are frees, so maybe they can offer more in wages They are still paying Fletcher less than what we paid him though

28 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

It won’t but we are where we are because of financial mismanagement and poor recruitment. I recognise the need to get strikers in ASAP but quite happy for us to wait to get the right/affordable ones in. Covid-19 has made the market unpredictable, clubs reluctant to do much business currently. This transition won’t be sorted this summer alone, it will take a few years. We need to make sure we have a team finishing 4th bottom next season absolute minimum.

Actually we need to be finishing about 12th from bottom as a minimum... if we build a team to finish 4th from bottom then our points deduction will mean we're straight down.

We simply have to recruit about 30 goals worth of players to complement the 20ish we have from the rest of the squad based off of last season 

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, Hunter said:

Dillon Phillips rejected a contract at Charlton, wouldn't be the worst shout? I remember watching the Charlton v Fulham game and made some brilliant saves

He’s an excellent keeper. Head and shoulders above our useless pair.

52 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

They’ve got a decent manager there in O’Neill. Keeping them up given the situation he inherited was quite an achievement. They will be in and around the play-offs IMO?

• Like 1

With stoke bringing in dad's army, there'll be one or two who now dont get anywhere near the squad and are forgotten men. For example I didnt realise Benik Afobe was a stoke player. I wonder how much he would be available for? As theyll have to ship out some from Fletcher, Vokes, Campbell, Gregory, Ince, Mcclean. 

I don’t know our budget and if we could attract them but I’d be looking at these players:

GK Marcus Bettinelli lost his place to Rodak at Fulham and surely surplus now they are in the PL. A good age at 27 and probably as good if not better than Darlow who is coveted by some. 

LB Ryan Manning (not sure if he re-signed with QPR?) was due to be a free agent. 

LB Tyler Blackett former Man Utd product released by Reading but still some upside and a good age. 

CDM Ronaldo Viera (Loan) former Leeds player now at Sampdoria. Likes to get stuck in and has a good engine. 

RW Jacob Murphy ended strongly with us and would love to see him come back even if just another loan 

ST Scott Hogan bounded around a bit but was solid at Brentford and still the right side of 30

ST Jordan Hugill could be the the perfect target man and play the lone striker role in a 4-3-3 wages would be difficult to meet even on a loan but doable 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

With stoke bringing in dad's army, there'll be one or two who now dont get anywhere near the squad and are forgotten men. For example I didnt realise Benik Afobe was a stoke player. I wonder how much he would be available for? As theyll have to ship out some from Fletcher, Vokes, Campbell, Gregory, Ince, Mcclean. 

I'd be very happy if we could somehow get Tyrese Campbell from them. Highly unlikely, as he finished as their 2nd top scorer last season (9 goals for 37 appearances) but I've no idea how much DC is prepared/able to spend or if they'd let him go. Wages would be an issue too I suspect.

• Like 2