Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

10 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

I'd be very happy if we could somehow get Tyrese Campbell from them. Highly unlikely, as he finished as their 2nd top scorer last season (9 goals for 37 appearances) but I've no idea how much DC is prepared/able to spend or if they'd let him go. Wages would be an issue too I suspect.

Agree, his chances likely limited at Stoke with the care home crew expanding their squad. Would be a shrewd investment at the right money though 

22 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I don’t know our budget and if we could attract them but I’d be looking at these players:

GK Marcus Bettinelli lost his place to Rodak at Fulham and surely surplus now they are in the PL. A good age at 27 and probably as good if not better than Darlow who is coveted by some. 

LB Ryan Manning (not sure if he re-signed with QPR?) was due to be a free agent. 

LB Tyler Blackett former Man Utd product released by Reading but still some upside and a good age. 

CDM Ronaldo Viera (Loan) former Leeds player now at Sampdoria. Likes to get stuck in and has a good engine. 

RW Jacob Murphy ended strongly with us and would love to see him come back even if just another loan 

ST Scott Hogan bounded around a bit but was solid at Brentford and still the right side of 30

ST Jordan Hugill could be the the perfect target man and play the lone striker role in a 4-3-3 wages would be difficult to meet even on a loan but doable 

Would like Murphy back, also think we need to put some money into a Hugill or Hogan type forward. Either would be good options. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

With stoke bringing in dad's army, there'll be one or two who now dont get anywhere near the squad and are forgotten men. For example I didnt realise Benik Afobe was a stoke player. I wonder how much he would be available for? As theyll have to ship out some from Fletcher, Vokes, Campbell, Gregory, Ince, Mcclean. 

Think some of those would be decent, but imagine wages would be huge. 

Would love Vokes, but will be out of our price range. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Fairy Tail Owl said:

My girlfriend is from kagoshima, you ever go watch kagoshima united? 

Yeah often mate. I went to 80 per cent of the games but not going at the moment due to COVID 19. I have a Japanese football site called Dazn where I’ve watched every game this season. Ironically enough, I’m watching a game now and we’re winning 1-0 at half time.

7 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Yeah often mate. I went to 80 per cent of the games but not going at the moment due to COVID 19. I have a Japanese football site called Dazn where I’ve watched every game this season. Ironically enough, I’m watching a game now and we’re winning 1-0 at half time.

What's the standard like and are the games well attended in non covid times?

14 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Tyler Blackett has signed for Forest on a free. I'd have taken him as Fox replacement/van Aken upgrade. 

definitely. Set to sign Taylor as well. 2 players that would have improved us, Taylor especially. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

definitely. Set to sign Taylor as well. 2 players that would have improved us, Taylor especially. 

Not a Taylor fan. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Not a Taylor fan. 

I was, but we should be able to find better. All these championship clubs with far less to do than us, are steaming ahead with their recruitment All freebies as well. Hopefully our patience will be rewarded when we do sign better.

2 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I don’t know our budget and if we could attract them but I’d be looking at these players:

GK Marcus Bettinelli lost his place to Rodak at Fulham and surely surplus now they are in the PL. A good age at 27 and probably as good if not better than Darlow who is coveted by some. 

LB Ryan Manning (not sure if he re-signed with QPR?) was due to be a free agent. 

LB Tyler Blackett former Man Utd product released by Reading but still some upside and a good age. 

CDM Ronaldo Viera (Loan) former Leeds player now at Sampdoria. Likes to get stuck in and has a good engine. 

RW Jacob Murphy ended strongly with us and would love to see him come back even if just another loan 

ST Scott Hogan bounded around a bit but was solid at Brentford and still the right side of 30

ST Jordan Hugill could be the the perfect target man and play the lone striker role in a 4-3-3 wages would be difficult to meet even on a loan but doable 

Hogan would be a good shout, worried his goals may have dried up but if Beattie can work his magic then could be a decent signing. We need some experience up top, someone who knows where the goal and how to put it about. 

Edited by 109Waddle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Bettineli I would have without hesitation.  Noticed him for a few years now and is quality.  What an addition he would be. 

Ronaldo Vieira I would have just for that name, lol. 

Hugill, yes but would cost too much. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Hogan would be a good shout, worried his goals may have dried up but if Beattie can work his magic then could be a decent signing. We need some experience up top, someone who knows where the goal and how to put it about. 

I agree, but not sure how it stacks up financially. I recall Nixon reporting he was on just over £30k per week, although in the last year of his contract, not sure Villa would be keen to subsidise a loan for a player to leave for nothing at the end of the season. 

At 28, has no resale value if signed permanently, do we want to commit to big wages, all our eggs in one basket, having been burned before?

Good player though, but not at the expense of financial sustainability.

• Like 1

If Beattie can get Hogan firing, could he not do the same for Rhodes? Personally, I believe both are beyond his powers. Yes I would take Hogan over Rhodes, but it’s marginal, and based on the fact that he moves around more than Rhodes does

• Like 3