Dawson

Don’t care what anyone says he needs to be dropped like Westwood was. 

Westwood didn’t drop clangers like Dawson has like today and QPR and got dropped.

QPR one luckily we got away with it but quite easily could have knocked us out of cup if wasn’t two up.

Today Fessi held player off so ball could go in area for him to pick up and he goes n spoons it. 

His overall kicking is diabolical. Times he kicks straight out. Times he hoofs it to no one. 

Had plenty time on ball then kicked it straight to smallest man on pitch. What’s point in that. 

For me he’s not right man goin forward n stuck with him for four years now. 

Hes so frustrating. 

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

Dawson has at least 1 major mistake per game in him

Correct. 

Whats annoying me is Westwood would get absolutely slated for this. 

Got dropped for far less and lost his shirt since. Obv didn’t want be number 2 over Xmas period n now fell out completely.  On supposedly 30k a week wasted. Commands defence far better too. 

He’s the future. But Westwood is our best keeper for now, so should be the first name on the team sheet. 

Monk is making the same mistakes as Jos.

Fan power will get him sacked if he wants to play that “I know better than you” game, whilst his team throws points away every week.

Edited by theowlsman

I like him as a keeper and fellow owl... however, and this is a dig at most keepers including Westwood, not being able to kick should be a sackable offence.

It absolutely does my head in, you've 12 hours a day you lazy sods, just practice practice practice, it's not like it involves running when you should be resting. 

I hate footballers. 

Who was that keeper we had on loan that kicked it like sidewards n picked a player out stood on sideline. Was quality. 

Was it Martinez from arsenal???

thats what they should practice.

dawson is horrendous. Width of pitch n kicks straight out. 

Messed up for goal n then that second half when punched out n carried on trying tackle player. If they had scored there would have been a proper melt down. 

Got to be dropped. He’s not the answer. 

I don’t think monk will drop him I’m afraid. 

Hes obv fell out with Westwood. 

He will back him cos he’s been licking his ass lately n we signed him up another four friggin years. 

At least one mistake every game he’s gonna really cost us vital points 

11 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

He’s the future. But Westwood is our best keeper for now, so should be the first name on the team sheet. 

Fan power will get him sacked if he wants to play that “I know better than you” game, whilst his team throws points away every week.

What makes you think Dawson will improve? You can either kick the ball naturally or you can't. He can't and never will. It's not something you learn. Coupled with this is his nervous temperament. The back 4 will be nervous if the keeper is, this happens in every team. The back 4 were very nervous today. With the goal he could have done one of two things: high into the stands or take a short touch out wide and play the ball (he's left footed)...but he just panicked and always does. This is all in his head, he doesn't have a match day temperament.

Still number 3 keeper for me and he’s never convinced me otherwise. 

Nobody is asking for a sweeper keeper at this level but you have to be able to kick it long or into touch depending on the circumstances. 

He’s costing us goals and still looks suspect on crosses. Perhaps there is a clash of personalities with Westwood and the coaching staff but he’s still the best keeper on the books. 

24 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Surely the question has to be why didn't Joss play him and why isnt Monk playing him? Are they the same reasons?

We've gone from having three great keepers to having three poor players in under a season?

Westwood was poor and was rightly *cough* injured.

I'm not quite sure what the answer is, but someone should start working on Dawson for these situations sharpish.   He hates being rushed and is poor at kicking - both things can be drilled.   If he wants to prove he deserved that contract, he should be putting some extra effort in training - and our coaches should be addressing his shortcomings.

27 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

He’s costing us goals.. and still looks suspect on crosses

We’ve conceded 1 in the last 180 minutes....most keepers would be happy with that.....That last bit is just total rubbish and made up 

Lad has obviously made a mistake today and as folk say, cost us a goal.......That’s the life of a keeper.......Lees and Borner have made 20 each that didn’t lead to a goal 

and all this “he makes the back 4 nervous”.......what a load of rubbish......that back 4 today have played over 1000 senior games between them and yet it’s down to the keeper in his first season as first choice to give them confidence.....really.....how much confidence do you think you’d have playing behind Lees and Borner today?

As a team we gave Dawson at least half a dozen back passes today on a bubbly pitch with forwards breathing down his neck.....5 out of six he gets us out of trouble..

When a keeper is banging a ball 70 yards down the pitch it’s not all about “picking someone out”.....most of the outfield players can’t do that....forwards have enough time to make sure they are on the end of them

As far as costing us goals.....he’s got some far way to go yet to catch up with Westwood this season......and If anyone is thinking of dropping Dawson then Wildsmith is the one to come in....it would be a travesty and send completely the wrong message to the changing room if Westwood comes back in after not being on the bench

Edited by Ian