Dawson

9 minutes ago, Andysowls said:

Ooof brave man who say’s Dawson ain’t good enough....I tweeted I didn’t think he was number1 material yet & there was hell on....!WTF:

I’m brave enough. 

All this ‘hes one of our own’ sh!te, he’s making too many school boy errors. 

Always thought wildsmith looked better of youngsters breaking thru 

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

He’s the future. But Westwood is our best keeper for now, so should be the first name on the team sheet. 

Monk is making the same mistakes as Jos.

Fan power will get him sacked if he wants to play that “I know better than you” game, whilst his team throws points away every week.

The thing is that Monk does know better than us. There will be reasons why players have been dropped which either relate to form, commitment and/or matters that we aren’t privy to. 

I have largely been away from any sort of media all day until now and only know the score. I do not know what “clanger” Dawson has droppef so can’t comment, however, to comment on a general theme of this thread, Monk doesn’t appears to be as stubborn as Jos and I doubt that he has taken any decision lightly that relates to selecting or dropping players.  

I would also like to point out that firstly, Dawson is a young keeper (and we all know young keepers make mistakes) and secondly, Westwood (a player whom I fooookking love) dropped quite a few clangers himself prior to being replaced by Dawson (I think we can generally agree that Westwood’s injury was a way to save face). 

P.S. This is a general response to the thread and not a dig at you Owlsman. 

2 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

Don’t care what anyone says he needs to be dropped like Westwood was. 

Westwood didn’t drop clangers like Dawson has like today and QPR and got dropped.

QPR one luckily we got away with it but quite easily could have knocked us out of cup if wasn’t two up.

Today Fessi held player off so ball could go in area for him to pick up and he goes n spoons it. 

His overall kicking is diabolical. Times he kicks straight out. Times he hoofs it to no one. 

Had plenty time on ball then kicked it straight to smallest man on pitch. What’s point in that. 

For me he’s not right man goin forward n stuck with him for four years now. 

Hes so frustrating. 

I’m all for dawson and ‘giving him time’ but time being the pivotal word, 4 year contract probably because of his age and potential, but how many times at this club have we offered players ridiculous contracts and looked back wishing we hadn’t? 

He won’t be on much wages, relatively, but i can see why we have done it because westwood will be gone at the end of the season and we won’t have any money to go and get another experienced top quality replacement for westwood. 

It’s a tough one because we are always saying we don’t invest in youth but i think we should have only offered him 2 years 

Based on performances this season Dawson is still the best we’ve seen. Westwood’s error count is much higher. 

It happens and he’ll learn from it. Going after the kid does no one any favours

3 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Still number 3 keeper for me and he’s never convinced me otherwise. 

Nobody is asking for a sweeper keeper at this level but you have to be able to kick it long or into touch depending on the circumstances. 

He’s costing us goals and still looks suspect on crosses. Perhaps there is a clash of personalities with Westwood and the coaching staff but he’s still the best keeper on the books. 

Number 2

4 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

Correct. 

Whats annoying me is Westwood would get absolutely slated for this. 

Got dropped for far less and lost his shirt since. Obv didn’t want be number 2 over Xmas period n now fell out completely.  On supposedly 30k a week wasted. Commands defence far better too. 

Westwood commands sweet FA, the bloke is glued to his line. 

Westwood got rightfully dropped for a sea of errors over many games, not just 1 or 2.

Westwood got slated for it just like Dawson is today, get the facts right please. 

As for bringing up his wage, rather than guarantee you a place in the team that kind of wage should probably command some form of professionalism and commitment from the player, no?

2 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Based on performances this season Dawson is still the best we’ve seen. Westwood’s error count is much higher. 

It happens and he’ll learn from it. Going after the kid does no one any favours

Agreed, also it appears that Westwood has reacted to being correctly dropped badly. 

If he'd have worked hard and pushed himself and Dawson maybe he'd have been back between the sticks by now? 

59 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Westwood commands sweet FA, the bloke is glued to his line. 

Westwood got rightfully dropped for a sea of errors over many games, not just 1 or 2.

Westwood got slated for it just like Dawson is today, get the facts right please. 

As for bringing up his wage, rather than guarantee you a place in the team that kind of wage should probably command some form of professionalism and commitment from the player, no?

Commands and organises his defence much better. Always has. No question. 

Yes made errors. So will Dawson get dropped?

monk has backed him today so no prob won’t drop him. 

I haven’t said his wage should or shouldn’t command commitment n professionalism cos it should. 

Im saying waste of a big big wage. If that bad or doesn’t want to play he should have gone in Jan. 

heard we turned down offers for him 

51 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

IMO Dawson is probably now at the same # of errors that saw Westwood get dropped 

Is he fu ck, Westwood was pushing towards double figures 

Edited by Ash76

6 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

Commands and organises his defence much better. Always has. No question. 

Yes made errors. So will Dawson get dropped?

monk has backed him today so no prob won’t drop him. 

I haven’t said his wage should or shouldn’t command commitment n professionalism cos it should. 

Im saying waste of a big big wage. If that bad or doesn’t want to play he should have gone in Jan. 

heard we turned down offers for him 

Westwood is definitely a better organiser I agree, however that's not what you said. Westwood never comes off his line for anything.

Glad you agree he made errors, and I agree Dawson's made 2 critical ones now as well. The difference between the two is when Westwood made errors we had a ready made, hungry capable replacement fighting for his shirt. Currently we have a half fit Wildsmith and Westwood in the wilderness for whatever reason, that's the difference.