Dawson

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

But he’s a big problem going forward. To give him a four year contract on the basis of his last twelve months when a first team regular is quite frankly ridiculous and symptomatic of us as a club.

I'm not arguing that at all. I think hell have a career similar to Richard Wood in terms of the level he plays at, lower end championship type. 

Still not a bad long term option as a 2nd choice but last night he was far from the issue. 

Doesn't help that there's obviously more to the KW thing

14 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

His kicking was OK, not a strong part of his game but no glaringly poor clearences last night. 

If the ref gives a foul it's no ends cos it had no impact there after. So don't get why that's brought up. 

Csnt comment on the communication cos I can't hear what is or isn't been shouted though we lack leaders generally. 

To single Dawson of all players out on last night is beyond scapegoating. He was the least of the issues

To not acknowledge he was poor is simply to accept poor standards.

No-one is singling him out any more than any of the other players.

And the ref got him out of jail. It was an error, just one that he got away with...his kicking was rubbish as usual

17 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

To not acknowledge he was poor is simply to accept poor standards.

No-one is singling him out any more than any of the other players.

And the ref got him out of jail. It was an error, just one that he got away with...his kicking was rubbish as usual

His kicking was awful, 2 or 3 long kicks went straight out of play. He just about got away with a pass out that had no weight on it. Any good modern day keeper should be very comfortable with the ball at their feet, dawson isnt. This is why he will never be good enough at this level. 

1 hour ago, sam1 said:

Was lucky that goal got disallowed, would of been another one to add to the reel of howlers

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

he missed a corner only to get a soft decision from the ref then?

It was a clear foul. contact was made with him whilst he was of the ground which is why he fell the way he did

Anyone using that as a stick to beat him with is frankly a f* ck in moron

7 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

It was a clear foul. contact was made with him whilst he was of the ground which is why he fell the way he did

Anyone using that as a stick to beat him with is frankly a f* ck in moron

Ok Mr Objective.

Thanks for clearing that up. 

Clap clap flap clap

I saw Dawsons kicking as ok last night.

For those that think we were lucky to 'get away' with the second goal Dawson was fouled as the screenshots clearly show. The attacker momentum carries him though the keeper as Dawson is about to catch it. That's why in the third screenshot they are in their relative positions of attacker is nearer to the goal than keeper (who is speadeagled) and the ball drops in no mans land.

Oh and by the way for Saturday's equaliser by Barnsley, Dawson as we know should have put the ball into the stand as opposed to back into play. However their move starts with an awful corner by Bannan that is nowhere near clearing the first man and then they break. Thats why for that goal our defence consisted of Forestieri and Palmer. I didn't notice anyone on here berating Mr Shouty as a contributing factor.

Lastly for me we have to stop this back passing unless absolutely necessary if its clear its going to put the next man under pressure. We seem to do it far too often. There is even less point passing to the keeper for him to have to lump it forward. The defender might as well just lump it forward in the first place. Its just adding to our fragility.

Screenshot_2020-02-13 Luton Town v Sheffield Wednesday highlights(2).png

Screenshot_2020-02-13 Luton Town v Sheffield Wednesday highlights.png

Screenshot_2020-02-13 Luton Town v Sheffield Wednesday highlights(1).png

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, fudge27 said:

His kicking was OK, not a strong part of his game but no glaringly poor clearences last night. 

If the ref gives a foul it's no ends cos it had no impact there after. So don't get why that's brought up. 

Csnt comment on the communication cos I can't hear what is or isn't been shouted though we lack leaders generally. 

To single Dawson of all players out on last night is beyond scapegoating. He was the least of the issues

Think I would be more concerned about how bad Borner and Iorfa have been over the last 7/8 games than Dawson. Like you said Dawson is a scapegoat and they can do no wrong in some fans eyes. 

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, David1867 said:

His kicking was awful, 2 or 3 long kicks went straight out of play. He just about got away with a pass out that had no weight on it. Any good modern day keeper should be very comfortable with the ball at their feet, dawson isnt. This is why he will never be good enough at this level. 

Okay his kicking wasn’t brilliant but what else did he do wrong. His handling was good and his command of his box was good. 
The problem was the amount of time and space their goal scorer had, which is down to the defence or lack of.

Felt sorry for Dawson having to recover the ball from the crowd. That was a disgrace.

Credit to Luton, that was the most professional time wasting I've ever seen.

Their players ALWAYS getting the ball, walking away with it, 'dropping' it over the adverts etc.

I am also not pretending that we would have scored by now either.

Dawson to me was the least of the problems last night and I don't want to explain further as I don't like Owlstalker's habits of dragging other potential scapegoats into the argument.

Early on I thought we were moving things quite well - having few touches and not getting caught in possession (like saturday), but that soon vanished.

Is it players with the ball, or is it other team-mates not providing options for the guy in possession, the reason for often playing 4v4 under a teatowel?

3 hours ago, David1867 said:

KW is fantastic with the ball at his feet, last time I saw him his left foot was so good I mistook him for hristo stoichkov.

2 hours ago, Suffolk.Owl said:

I'm sorry I'm not with all this knocking Dawson thread, against Barnsley I saw Cruz miss kick an absolute sitter that arguably cost us points, yet not one mentions that at all, Dawson miss kicks and unfortunately yes it cost us but so did Cruz.

Da Cruz still managed to kick it further then Dawson though

Question the coaching me if am honest, do like Nicky Weaver and he’s one of us but standards have definitely slipped since Andy Rhodes left 

Maybe stepped up from academy a bit too soon, big character as well Weaver is ... wonder if he gets on with Mr Westwood 

Can think of a man out of work who could show Cameron everything there is to know about been Wednesdays No1 

Edited by Guest