Dawson

21 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

It's just not his kicking that worries me, it's his communication with the defence.

We weren't conceding that many goals before xmas when Westwood was in goal!

The facts would not seem to agree with you.....we concede more goals per game with Westwood in goal than Dawson

31 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

It's just not his kicking that worries me, it's his communication with the defence.

We weren't conceding that many goals before xmas when Westwood was in goal!

Did you see the blackburn away game? or the mix up at westbrom,or the swansea game,Westwoods had some reyt stick for his gaffes,Dawsons not alone

39 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Which two?

From memory certainly the first one where he reacted as fast as a 90 year old suffering from osteoporosis, and the 5th where he got his angles wrong and got beaten by a simple near post finish.

Which was the game where he just paddled it back out of the opposites striker? Was that Blackburn too? I can’t remember 

But there are three goals he could have easily done better with added to major clangers against QPR, Wigan and Barnsley

He’s in poor form at the moment.

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

From memory certainly the first one where he reacted as fast as a 90 year old suffering from osteoporosis, and the 5th where he got his angles wrong and got beaten by a simple near post finish.

Which was the game where he just paddled it back out of the opposites striker? Was that Blackburn too? I can’t remember 

But there are three goals he could have easily done better with added to major clangers against QPR, Wigan and Barnsley

He’s in poor form at the moment.

And yet for all his supposed poor form we still concede less goals per game this season with him as keeper than we do with Westwood 

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

And yet for all his supposed poor form we still concede less goals per game this season with him as keeper than we do with Westwood 

That’s why I mentioned his form.

I’m not saying he’s a poor keeper, but he’s been in poor form recently.

Yet again Owlstalk proving you cannot discuss Dawson without the anti-Westwood mob getting after you and vice versa 

On 09/02/2020 at 12:49, Ian said:

Does he?

Their records are more or less identical, Westwood's is better in league games, what is alarming is that at one point Dawson was well in front so his current for in this respect is very poor.

32 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Does he?

Their records are more or less identical, Westwood's is better in league games, what is alarming is that at one point Dawson was well in front so his current for in this respect is very poor.

More or less identical means not identical......and yes, my statement is correct.....we let in less goals per game with Dawson in goal than Westwood

You can take out cup games if it suits 

or we can try taking out games against Blackburn,,,,,they both had 1 each so that’s fair would you agree?

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

More or less identical means not identical......and yes, my statement is correct.....we let in less goals per game with Dawson in goal than Westwood

You can take out cup games if it suits 

or we can try taking out games against Blackburn,,,,,they both had 1 each so that’s fair would you agree?

Take no cup games out then - Dawson has conceded 22 in 21 this season. Westwood has conceded 15 in 14.

Whether Westwood was dropped due to injury or form is open to conjecture but Dawson was given the chance based on performances. His performances on current form are a cause for concern.