Frozen out players.

Just now, Costello 77 said:

He looked way off the pace and did a petulant thing that was detrimental to the team.. that's what I'm seeing.. not suggesting.

Ok , well if he wasn’t fit he shouldn’t have played . In his defence he changed the game at Leeds the other season there’s no doubt about that . 

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

Ok , well if he wasn’t fit he shouldn’t have played . In his defence he changed the game at Leeds the other season there’s no doubt about that . 

Yeah.. when he's available he can be an asset.. not so much so that he can upset his boss.. which he clearly has.

I think something happened in that game where hutch was 'injured' but he didn't go off straight away but did a very emphasised hobble as if to say to the manager that he shouldn't still be on the pitch but is being forced to do so by the manager. .

This going off after 15 minutes thing then being right to play the next game is pretty infuriating to managers. 

Monk referenced it in an interview and it seemed there had been words about it. 

I think it's all to do with that but obviously I'm speculating. 

Edited by Beholder

57 minutes ago, Terryowl said:

If its a choice between Hutch and Pelupessy then Hutch all the way. If Monk hasn't got the man management skills to deal with any situation then hes not the man for the job at SWFC.

Bruce never had this problem with the 2 players in question.

How do you know ?

Bottom line is it's like any employment, if you have a disruptive influence affecting the your team you get shut.

Monk's the manager and if they are being disruptive, it's the highway for me.

Let's face realism, whilst they have BEEN good players and servants, they are at the end of their careers here and not the way forward.

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I think something happened in that game where hutch was 'injured' but he didn't go off straight away but did a very emphasised hobble as if to say to the manager that he shouldn't still be on the pitch but is being forced to do so by the manager. .

This going off after 15 minutes thing then being right to play the next game is pretty infuriating to managers. 

Monk referenced it in an interview and it seemed there had been words about it. 

I think it's all to do with that but obviously I'm speculating. 

"A very "emphasised"  hobble"..???...he's not f.ookin' Marcel Marceau mate...

my lads like that..He reads "body language " in the warm up.

"fessi looks unhappy"

The be all and end all of it is...They are players who are PAID to play for Wednesday..and to do what the person in charge asks them to do....

2 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

How do you know ?

Bottom line is it's like any employment, if you have a disruptive influence affecting the your team you get shut.

Monk's the manager and if they are being disruptive, it's the highway for me.

Let's face realism, whilst they have BEEN good players and servants, they are at the end of their careers here and not the way forward.

Sill better players than Monk is currently playing.

Just now, Terryowl said:

Is there that much difference at the minute between Westwood and Dawson?

I dunno

Hutch...on form and fit is miles better than Pelupessy I admit...but for how long?..could be 20 minutes in all honesty...theres no room for the risk

1 minute ago, Terryowl said:

I don't disagree with that because at the moment I would play a fit Hutch every time before Joey but NOT at the expense of team disruption, which appears to be the issue here.

Westwood is a different scenario for me because Dawson has come on leaps and bounds in all areas and will only get better with game time.

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Carlos got slated for this as did Jos.

My opinion for what its worth is that you pick your strongest team regardless of any issues you have, you have to be objective in your decision making.

Any player who runs out onto the pitch can play for his own pride, his own professionalism, for the fans and above all his duty to the club for giving him the opportunity to play for them with all the benefits that gives him. 

Many fans on OT, I would guess don't get on with their manager but they go home knowing they gave their best for the company if not for the manager. 

But what if a player doesn’t  follow the game plan instructions when they get out on the pitch?

Hutchinson (who I suspect this is all about) for instance has only one way of playing. That is very deep, almost as an extra centre back. His game has never changed since the Calos days. Some games demand a change.

What if a player becomes known for feigning injury if not selected and is an unsettling influence to the squad. I think we’ve had two or three like that.

Any manager worth his salt will act to preserve his authority in those circumstances. Fergie at Man U. took no poo from disruptive players and he was the best manager in recent times.

4 minutes ago, Blatter said:

1 But what if a player doesn’t  follow the game plan instructions when they get out on the pitch?

Hutchinson (who I suspect this is all about) for instance has only one way of playing. That is very deep, almost as an extra centre back. His game has never changed since the Calos days. Some games demand a change.

2 What if a player becomes known for feigning injury if not selected and is an unsettling influence to the squad. I think we’ve had two or three like that.

Any manager worth his salt will act to preserve his authority in those circumstances. Fergie at Man U. took no poo from disruptive players and he was the best manager in recent times.

1. Then you sub him if he is detrimental to the game plan, if he improves the game plan then you must reconsider your game plan.
  2. Then your man management skills come into play, if he refuses to ultimately do as you ask you might have to resort to banning him from  the ground or even terminate his contract. 

4 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

The arguments about them being good players so still play them make them sound like Alisson and Kante.

A pair of players whose physical fragility is only bettered by their mental fragility.

Bit of a low blow in Hutchinson's case, wouldn't you say?

Besides, Hutchinson's missed one game this season due to injury.