Do You Back Chansiri

Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

I think we all wish that DC had hired a sound and experienced DoF or Advisor when he first took over the club.

The last few years and the financial position might look very different.

However I do respect the fact that he is the only Chariman in my 50+ years of suporting SWFC who has put real money into the club.

Some of us will recall Chairman Richards who used the club as his route to riches.  By not firing "Fancy Dan" Wilson when relegation looked inevitable he enabled his elevation to the plum job of Chairman of the Premier League.

Then we had Mr Al...n who took legal action against one of our own supporters who was at the time suffering from cancer.

And we moan about Mr Chansiri!!!!

Richards gave us the best players, manager and the best years the club has had in living memory.

The only trophy we’ve won in the last 80 years was under Richards. He took us into Europe and to two other cup finals. And the kop was seated and south stand redeveloped under his ownership.

There’s plenty you can criticise him for but you have to remember that aswell.

Chansiri hasn’t achieved anywhere close to what Richards did at the club

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, nilsson said:

I don’t have any hatred to him. I just don’t think he’s doing a very good job of running the club

Great, thanks for sharing 

Now WTF are you going to do about it? 

6 hours ago, Blue and white said:

That's not necessarily a good thing, throwing money around without a clue has resulted in us having to sell our ground and fudge our accounts to come in line with the league rules.

Pisspoor when you think he had a blank canvas when he came in.

Exactly - people constantly use the argument “he’s put his money in” etc

yes he has - and now we have an overpaid under skilled squad with millions squandered on wages, sky high ticket prices, a possible points deduction and have sold our ground.

Maybe he should have kept it in his pocket.

I don't doubt his intentions - I honestly believe he wants the best for this club and isn't in this for the money. Unfortunately though, best intentions aren't enough and he is at present doing more damage than good. I hope he can turn it around and prove his doubters wrong, but sadly I simply feel he is out of his depth...

• Like 1

I chose not to vote in this poll ..

No matter how you feel about the way our chairman runs this club there is absolutely nothing anyone can do to alter his methods ....

That is unless you cough up the proverbial pound coins to relieve him of his tenure ...

But please keep in mind 

You will have to come up with a fair whack to get his juices flowing ....

The guy is very very wealthy ......

And also the Elephants arent included in any sale.

I've got first dibs on them ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Have you any ideas? Doesn’t look like DC listens to anyone and I don’t have the funds to buy him out

None but I'm not the one constantly saying how much of a poor job he's doing. If I did think everything was awful then the last thing I'd do is repeatedly post it here as it serves no purpose.

5 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yes its all a handful fans on the internet fault.

Not fully, no. But you play your part, try smiling ffs

13 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I chose not to vote in this poll ..

No matter how you feel about the way our chairman runs this club there is absolutely nothing anyone can do to alter his methods ....

That is unless you cough up the proverbial pound coins to relieve him of his tenure ...

But please keep in mind 

You will have to come up with a fair whack to get his juices flowing ....

The guy is very very wealthy ......

And also the Elephants arent included in any sale.

I've got first dibs on them ..

The thinks is with Dc, he is very stubborn when fans pulled him over the coals in the last fans forum, his dummy came out and he was selling the club, then he denied it ever happened.

We have been sinking since the Huddersfield semi final game, too many under performing players being allowed to do what they want for too long.

We have debts we can manage, but not within the rules of the game (P&S), an aging squad that continues to not be offloaded, no players leave on fees or loans yet more have to come in to keep alive the unrealistic chance of promotion.

A complete rethink is needed by the chairman and now, he cannot run the club as a sustainable entity this has been proved time and time again, our none match day income has to be one of the lowest in the league and fan numbers are dropping off.

Plain and simple he has no choice but to change things, as if he keeps doing it his way we will very soon be fighting to stay in the league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The thinks is with Dc, he is very stubborn when fans pulled him over the coals in the last fans forum, his dummy came out and he was selling the club, then he denied it ever happened.

We have been sinking since the Huddersfield semi final game, too many under performing players being allowed to do what they want for too long.

We have debts we can manage, but not within the rules of the game (P&S), an aging squad that continues to not be offloaded, no players leave on fees or loans yet more have to come in to keep alive the unrealistic chance of promotion.

A complete rethink is needed by the chairman and now, he cannot run the club as a sustainable entity this has been proved time and time again, our none match day income has to be one of the lowest in the league and fan numbers are dropping off.

Plain and simple he has no choice but to change things, as if he keeps doing it his way we will very soon be fighting to stay in the league.

That's all very well and you have clearly stated a very accurate timeline there, one that even the thickest of Owlstalk member couldn't challenge its accuracy..

But that wasnt my point. It's his ball...

Try and take it off him ..

Its gonna cost you ...

Until then its cakeball and collecting shiny

Shiny's until they are worth nothing ...

Some weren't even shiny when he bought them.. and no amount of polishing is going to make them shine ...

Let's see what the season end brings ...

Clean slate and outgoings a plenty ...

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

16 minutes ago, room0035 said:

This is one of his biggest failings. The current squad is simply not good enough to mount a challenge for the top two and Chansiri still sells 10 year premier league season tickets and talks about promotion.

Getting out of this league is tough. Just look at how teams like Stoke, Huddersfield and Cardiff have struggled even with premier league money and parachute payments.

In the the last 50 years we’ve spent 16 seasons in the top flight, 25 seasons in the second tier and 9 seasons in the third tier.

For the owner of a club with that recent history to base his entire business model on us being a premier league club is reckless

19 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

If I did think everything was awful then the last thing I'd do is repeatedly post it here as it serves no purpose.

If Chansiri were to decide he wanted out, it's more likely to have been from fans telling him they're not happy with his running of the club, than it is with them telling him they're happy (or just not telling him anything).

So of course anything that fosters discontent amongst the fan base - like fans expressing their disillusionment - may just ultimately serve such a purpose.

• Haha 1

On 31/01/2020 at 07:06, Kameron said:

Worse chairman in our history and that seriously takes some doing.  Can’t wait for day he goes. 

You're flat out wrong.

In reality he's probably the 2nd best one we've had in the last 30 years.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, cookeh said:

You're flat out wrong.

In reality he's probably the 2nd best one we've had in the last 30 years.

Debatable. And who’s he in competition with there? Richards, Allen, Hulley, Strafford and Mandaric?

We’ll have to see how the next couple of years unfold under Chansiri. How much further will crowds fall until they start going back up, what happens with the EFL charge and can he get the club operating within the limits of FFP

25 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Debatable. And who’s he in competition with there? Richards, Allen, Hulley, Strafford and Mandaric?

We’ll have to see how the next couple of years unfold under Chansiri. How much further will crowds fall until they start going back up, what happens with the EFL charge and can he get the club operating within the limits of FFP

As it stands right now, I'd put Chansiri 2nd in that list. Mandaric saved us, so gets enormous credit for that, but we were clinging on a bit towards the end of his tenure. Chansiri has solidified us as a Championship side and we've come really close to promotion a few times too.

Richards took over on a high and secured our relegation from the Premiership. Allen, Hulley and Strafford.. good god.

3 hours ago, Ash76 said:

When they talk about the club being held back they might want to try looking in the mirror

Tried it as you suggested. All I see is a handsome happy chap smiling back at me. Am I missing something? 

Edited by rickygoo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Tried it as you suggested. All I see is a handsome happy chap smiling back at me. Am I missing something? 

Here we are, almost the full set 

:duntmatter: