Player Ratings V Wigan

Didn’t see a thread so thought I’d just create one.

Dawson - 5 quite a quiet evening really, but at fault for the 2nd goal. 3 games in a row now that he’s had low marks. Needs to get back on it

Fox - 6 we looked lost without him providing balance on the left 

Iorfa - 5 was ok in the first half and then as bad as the rest in the second

Börner - 3 old cement hips has his cement boots on tonight. Awful. Culpable for the 2nd

Odubajo - 5 not the worst, but not great either. Tried, but generally failed

Murphy - 6 great finish. Again seemed out only spark going forward. ended up on the left thanks to Monk the Chump. MOM

Bannan - 5 careless and wasteful. Not helped by his partner who his from receiving the ball

Pelupessy - 3 shameful performance. Hid from the ball, knocked off the ball very easily and contributed very little

Harris - 4 flat as a pancake. Didn’t deserve to retain his place, and did nothing to retain it after this

Winnall - 3 lost the ball pretty much every time he got it. Powderpuff and pointless, but a better option than Rhodes

Nuhiu - 5 at least showed a bit of desire. Another one who struggled to pass straight but at least won a few headers

Monk 2 - needs to consider what he needs to do differently. Yes the players are at fault, but he is too. Everyone knows Rhodes and Nuhiu is an awful combo, why try it again? Reach has done well on the left and Murphy on the right, why give the out of form Harris another go and then invert Murphy and Reach when they finally get on the pitch. And finally, how is Odunajo at left back ever a good idea. Reach surely the option there....basics, change 1 position, not your whole defensive unit. Monk caused part of that disarray 

Edited by McRightSide

Whole team 3/10 except for:

Fox 7

Iorfa 6

Baz 5

Lees 2

Saw the game and Monk is right. Bottlers, off the pace, no heart, no desire and a big change needed.

Understand OP about Börner but defence all over the place after Fox injury reshuffle...they dragged Iorfa out and Lees has no brain/pace.

I hope Monk gets a chance to sort it in the summer...this isn’t his fault.

10 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Whole team 3/10 except for:

Fox 7

Iorfa 6

Baz 5

Lees 2

Saw the game and Monk is right. Bottlers, off the pace, no heart, no desire and a big change needed.

Understand OP about Börner but defence all over the place after Fox injury reshuffle...they dragged Iorfa out and Lees has no brain/pace.

I hope Monk gets a chance to sort it in the summer...this isn’t his fault.

Agree in the main..one thing I would pick Monk up on tho..

When you're short of strikers..why ditch 433.. the best system to play 1 up top?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Agree in the main..one thing I would pick Monk up on tho..

When you're short of strikers..why ditch 433.. the best system to play 1 up top?

I think it was because they had some pace out wide and Murphy and Harris weren’t tracking back with their players.

• Thanks 2

Fox is our best player at the mo so if he is injured we are fizzed. 

Pelupessy/ Rhodes/ Winnal should never play for us again. They all were truly diabolical. 

Harris is an impact sub at best.

We have serious problems. Lee and Luongo not even on the bench, were they injured? 

10 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Pelupessy/ Rhodes/ Winnal should never play for us again. They all were truly diabolical. 

We have serious problems. Lee and Luongo not even on the bench, were they injured? 

Not sure but definitely missed, Hutch too, midfield is where a game is won and lost  imo and at present we don't have one, in fact that's been the problem for too long now. 

22 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Don’t agree on Harris

He played two deadly balls into box - then never got any service 

Every pass into him was overshot or never made it to his side of pitch 

He’s created the most goal scoring assists in the entire league - the stats don’t lie, we just don’t play to our strengths 

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Didn’t see a thread so thought I’d just create one.

Dawson - 5 quite a quiet evening really, but at fault for the 2nd goal. 3 games in a row now that he’s had low marks. Needs to get back on it

Fox - 6 we looked lost without him providing balance on the left 

Iorfa - 5 was ok in the first half and then as bad as the rest in the second

Börner - 3 old cement hips has his cement boots on tonight. Awful. Culpable for the 2nd

Odubajo - 5 not the worst, but not great either. Tried, but generally failed

Murphy - 6 great finish. Again seemed out only spark going forward. ended up on the left thanks to Monk the Chump. MOM

Bannan - 5 careless and wasteful. Not helped by his partner who his from receiving the ball

Pelupessy - 3 shameful performance. Hid from the ball, knocked off the ball very easily and contributed very little

Harris - 4 flat as a pancake. Didn’t deserve to retain his place, and did nothing to retain it after this

Winnall - 3 lost the ball pretty much every time he got it. Powderpuff and pointless, but a better option than Rhodes

Nuhiu - 5 at least showed a bit of desire. Another one who struggled to pass straight but at least won a few headers

Monk 2 - needs to consider what he needs to do differently. Yes the players are at fault, but he is too. Everyone knows Rhodes and Nuhiu is an awful combo, why try it again? Reach has done well on the left and Murphy on the right, why give the out of form Harris another go and then invert Murphy and Reach when they finally get on the pitch. And finally, how is Odunajo at left back ever a good idea. Reach surely the option there....basics, change 1 position, not your whole defensive unit. Monk caused part of that disarray 

I may be wrong but I lay the blame on odabajo for the second. No desire what so ever to win the first ball. 

the whole team as a lack of fight, spirit and desire...with the exception of dawson, borner, Fox and Iorfa, the rest can go for me. Build a team around those players. 

I thought Atdhe had a good game despite fading as game went on, Fox was very impressive in host short time. 

Just checked whoscored.com as I often find I’m over critical of some and go easy on others, they had Bannan as 7.4 out of 10 which puzzles me as he had 33% of his passes go to Wigan. Murphy too have the ball away a lot, 55% of his found a man in blue...hopefully bodes we’ll for next home game. 

Playing Bannan + 1 in a midfield two against them was a huge mistake and Wigan had the freedom of the park. Can’t keep playing Bannan and expecting him to have an all round game, if we play him as a luxury player we either sacrifice a forward or a creative wide player and play one wing tucked in as Wallace used to. 

Continually expecting Bannan to mark, tackle, score... is madness, he’s great at what he does but the rest of his game leaves us exposed. 

• Like 1

Dawson - 6

Odubajo - 4

Iorfa - 6

Borner -3

Fox - 7 (MOTM)

Murphy - 6

Bannan - 5

Pelupessy - 2

Harris - 5

Winnall - 4

Nuhiu - 5

Subs

Lees - 3

Reach - 5

Rhodes - 4

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Dawson 6 did ok and a few good saves. Not totally blameless in their winner though

Odubajo 5 not good enough

Iorfa 6 bossed Moore but was poor at full back

Borner 5 gone backwards

Fox 7 missed him massively after injury 

Murphy 6 did threaten on occasions 

Pelupessy 4 he’s crap

Bannan 4 lost the ball all night

Harris 5 tries but totally off form

Nuhiu 6 superb first half but poor second 

Winnall 2 he’s useless

Lees 3 abysmal. Totally messed up up defensively 

Reach 4 poor

Rhodes 1 see Winnall but worse!

Shocking performance from everyone on the pitch and our so called manager 

4 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I thought Atdhe had a good game despite fading as game went on, Fox was very impressive in host short time. 

Just checked whoscored.com as I often find I’m over critical of some and go easy on others, they had Bannan as 7.4 out of 10 which puzzles me as he had 33% of his passes go to Wigan. Murphy too have the ball away a lot, 55% of his found a man in blue...hopefully bodes we’ll for next home game. 

Playing Bannan + 1 in a midfield two against them was a huge mistake and Wigan had the freedom of the park. Can’t keep playing Bannan and expecting him to have an all round game, if we play him as a luxury player we either sacrifice a forward or a creative wide player and play one wing tucked in as Wallace used to. 

Continually expecting Bannan to mark, tackle, score... is madness, he’s great at what he does but the rest of his game leaves us exposed. 

Great post.

Totally agree regarding Bannan, people overlook the rest of his game because of his passing range and what we can create - which rightly so is very good. But without Fletcher and playing in a 2, he's lost his main receiver of his hollywood balls and as always he gets overwhelmed in a midfield 2 especially with very attacking wingers like Harris/Murphy who like you say, don't tuck in how Wallace or Lee used to. 

I think this is one the reasons why we have only gotten worse since CC left. Managers are terrified to drop our most creative player (Bannan) and try different things, fans see his individual contributions and think he's unplayable, but when he plays in a 2 there is so many holes in his game. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Ferkorf

Based on last night I'd let them all go, take the points deduction...

Have 3 seasons spending nothing to get back on par with ffp.

Then start all over again from the players to the background staff. The whole entire club is just infected and needs a huge shake up

52 minutes ago, Beholder said:

You’re right but Jesus Christ I never thought I’d read that.

• Haha 1