FA Cup Replays

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Lovren, Fabinho, Matip, Adrian and a few others are senior players.

He's talking about the actual kids playing in the replay.

Some rubbish about respecting the winter break. 

I hope the fa dock them points, for fielding an under strength team about 20 should be enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Or scrap all the pointless international breaks saving team 10-12 weeks a season and play all international matches in the close season.

I for one am sick of teams in the top flight whinging how many games they have to play. They will get a winter break and what will happen friendlies in the middle east.

They only seem,  to have to many games when it's domestic games.

I think you’ll find it’s not only top teams that have an issue with replays. 

Oxford have a squad of 20 and have played (I think) well over 30 games already this season. Their manager isn’t happy with their replay. 

Edited by Essix Blue

9 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Yes it does,but i'd put money on the fact that within the next couple of seasons they will have got their way.

Totally agree. 

Nowt we can do about it. Think the only thing stopping them at the moment, is the TV deal. Which includes replays. 

After 2021 (I think) we will see the change. 

1 hour ago, torres said:

They are something that shouldn’t be in any cup competition 

A cup game should be a one off game - adding to the nature of a “cup game” 

Both teams have to go for the win!!

cant agree with that …….seen some stonking wednesday cup replays over the years ...leeds away , burnley ,west ham at home the 4 against the arse …150 years they've been replays so i'd say the nature of the cup is to have them . 

1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

I think you’ll find it’s not only top teams that have an issue with replays. 

Oxford have a squad of 20 and have played (I think) well over 30 games already this season. Their manager isn’t happy with their replay. 

I am sure their chairman too will be unhappy with a replay and full house against premier league newcastle. Ties like this help lower league teams survive.

2 hours ago, Anlaby Owl said:

I think penalties cheapen the whole business.  I remember all those replays against everton years ago.  Ok the final outcome was dissapointing but the 'journey' was immense. 

Not forgetting Arsenal 

2 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Guardiola,Klopp and one or two more whinging and whining will put to bed the replays ,don't matter what the fans want.

Agree, plus not heard one of them moaning about proposals to extend Champions League by 4 games. 2hats.

2 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Guardiola,Klopp and one or two more whinging and whining will put to bed the replays ,don't matter what the fans want.

They don’t want replays because they play too many games and now they won’t have a break when they were planning on flying half way round the world to play some money spinning friendlies

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

They don’t want replays because they play too many games and now they won’t have a break when they were planning on flying half way round the world to play some money spinning friendlies

Absolutely - backfired on Klopp somewhat tonight, he doesn't need a replay but they'll field a second string and win. Hopefully the Liverpool fans all turn up to give Shrewsbury a pay day.

Extra time after the first tie wouldn't help smaller clubs against top teams. They'd be too knackered. Look at today, Liverpool brought on Saleh and Firmino to join Origi upfront. Add 30 minutes for ET and Shrewsbury would've been stuffed easily.

At the very least give the clubs a payday. After all, all clubs outside the EPL need cash.

As for Oxford moaning about a replay. Tough. You should've let Newcastle win, then.

6 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

I get that it will be good for Shrewsbury financially.. But equally, watching them get tonked by Liverpool reserves at anfield on a Tuesday night isn’t a spectacle that draws in a wide tv audience is it. 

TBF, Liverpool were 2-0 up today but didn't win.

Barnsley went to Anfield and won all those years ago.

Nothing's a given.

Global sales of broadcast rights have been pre-sold. How many actually watch doesn't matter

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

I hope the fa dock them points, for fielding an under strength team about 20 should be enough.

Think they are totally separate competitions. Only thing they could probably do would be to ban them from the FA cup next season. But Liverpool would probably be all for that.

lol

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

I get that it will be good for Shrewsbury financially.. But equally, watching them get tonked by Liverpool reserves at anfield on a Tuesday night isn’t a spectacle that draws in a wide tv audience is it. 

.the FA cup should be  about glory and having the chance of being a giant killer not what draws in a TV audience …..