FA Cup Replays

Would it be such a bad thing to get rid?

Look at Shrewsbury today. Played v well second half they now have a replay at anfield which will earn them ££s but will end their cup run. 

whereas no replay would mean ET and penalties today, at their home ground. A far better chance of making proper history and going through. 

If you were a Shrews fan which would you want?

Guest Bulgaria

Going on my feelings when we drew 2-2 with Liverpool ( 83 season I think) and then the buzz of going to anfield..... I will never forget that night.

I would take a replay.

6 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Would it be such a bad thing to get rid?

Look at Shrewsbury today. Played v well second half they now have a replay at anfield which will earn them ££s but will end their cup run. 

whereas no replay would mean ET and penalties today, at their home ground. A far better chance of making proper history and going through. 

If you were a Shrews fan which would you want?

Yes. It would be devastating for clubs like Shrewsbury.

And I can’t imagine a single fan who would foresake a replay at Anfield for the chance of getting through (a rapidly diminishing chance given the strength in depth and ability gulf between the squads)

Days like that are what lower league football is all about

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

I'd wager that just about every Shrewsbury fan given the choice of an extra 30 minutes or a replay at Anfield would have taken the replay. 

100% this

Southampton spurs replay most fans are probably meh

but Shrews off to Anfield, there's only one answer

2 minutes ago, torres said:

They are something that shouldn’t be in any cup competition 

A cup game should be a one off game - adding to the nature of a “cup game” 

Both teams have to go for the win!!

I'm guessing Shrewsbury weren't going for it until they went 2-0 down

4 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

I think penalties cheapen the whole business.  I remember all those replays against everton years ago.  Ok the final outcome was dissapointing but the 'journey' was immense. 

Yeh likewise. But the games moved on so much since then, not sure many fans these days would advocate 5 games to decide who goes through. 

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Guardiola,Klopp and one or two more whinging and whining will put to bed the replays ,don't matter what the fans want.

If Liverpool were 2 points clear of Citeh, do you think their fans would want more cup games?