Wednesday in Books and Films

13 hours ago, malek said:

Was it Danzel and Pasco where they find dead body with Wednesday scarf on. And one of them concludes that reason of death is obvious.

Then there is great episode of The Detectives whhere they try to name all different extentions to Football League clubs like United, City, Rovers... Great stuff.

The fact you know all this stuff coming from Croatia never ceases to amaze me, malek.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Captain30 said:

Finally - something of real interest! Spill all?

Aww shucks. It came out in 2012 on an indie called Byker Books. I since signed with another house so it got taken on and bundled with a collection I did. It's called 18 Days and its now part of the compilation below. I pretty much crammed every name in it I could. All proceeds to charity.

This Is How You Disappear https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00O293F84/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_zGTlEbTQ67XY1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Flying with the Owls Crime Squad is a personal favourite of mine...and is actually accurate unlike a lot of hooligan books that are exaggerated a lot (I'm referring to steve cowans and his wild imagination....)

we took our fair share of beating but always stood our ground and admitted it

they were the good old days for me watching wednesday but I must admit, I'm glad it's a thing of the past now.

3 hours ago, bobness said:

Just spotted us mentioned in a book. Anybody heard of this? Quite an accomplishment, and makes me proud to be a Wednesdayite!

image.png.229ea23cffe3c335371e6d970986a6c3.png

Cake Ball?  It's the largest because the term didn't exist beforehand. 

44 minutes ago, notts0wl said:

There’s a great film about the privatisation of the rail network and the stories of how it affected the workers. Can’t remember the title but they were all wearing Wednesday gear and was based in sheff

Ken Loach’s “ The Navigators” 

• Thanks 1