Monk

Look monk was a poor appointment, he is another manager on the mediocre manager merry go Round. He has never really been anything other than just okay at any of his previous jobs. 

Did we really think he was gonna come in and boss it? 

He gets it wrong more than he gets it right. 

We play one of the dullest brands of football you will see we just hoof and hope.

There is no game play, no playing style, no urgency, we arent even fit.

He has no plan B he just changes players like for like. 

There is clearly issues behind the scenes again with Westwood. Dawson whilst not a bad keeper isnt a 1st team keeper. Westwood is far superior and organises the defence yet he is out with a mystery injury. 

Monk should never have been appointed, job is too big for him. 

There is no point sacking him as there is no one to bring in to replace him. 

We were set with steve Bruce and he would have taken us back to the promised land when he turned his back on us we went with a unsuccessful manager with little contacts in the game and almost no pulling power. 

Today was nothing short of a disgrace and monk just came out with his usual babble. 

Alot of the fan base didnt want him and still dont. 

The manager is every now in a team, managers that can get every last drop of ability out of players, wilder, Wagner, colin have all been promoted in recent years with lets face it truly dreadful squads on paper. 

Whatever the question monk isnt and never has been the answer 

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

No blame on Monk yet. DC and the squad fully culpable.

If Monk doesn't start dismantling and moving the overpaid bottlers on this month though, the the blame starts to shift towards him.

Hard for him to shift players on though. They are all on contracts they won’t get anywhere else so why would they leave?

7 hours ago, Blatter said:

He does seem to gloss over the reasons for these home defeats in his post match interviews.

I hope that’s just for public consumption and his reaction of microphone is very different.

If not he’ll never put right the glaring inadequacies of our home performances.

I obviously dont know whats being said behind closed doors but i never like a manager attacking his players in public.

Its cheap and tacky and something the very best managers never do.

He's doing OK

But he won't be here this time next year 

Not a manager you can get behind and believe he has a plan 

Yes he hasn't signed anyone but some of his decisions since he has been manager have been shocking.

If Jos had been making them decisions he'd have been slaughtered for it

I think the point is that that they all have to take some of the blame for the rut we are in.

Fine, we're still a couple of points off the play-offs but that will become an ever fading dream if we continue the way we're going.

Our club is being completely mismanaged from the top level down - we're fast becoming a laughing stock with things like the '10 year season ticket' - look at the press coverage this week.

The players bear a massive amount of blame for putting in the limp, listless performances we've had to watch in the past month. They show no heart and no drive - they should be ashamed of themselves for the way they've played since mid December. A cup win and a morale boosting win over local rivals shouldn't gloss over that. But it doesn't appear to bother them - they take their pay cheque and turn in a repeat performance the following week.

Can't say a wrong sending off caused yesterday either (look at what Millwall did to us at the start of the season with 10 men), our lads showed no fight and it was pinged around them like a Sunday league game.

Yes, Monk has inherited a team with the wrong attitude and that is probably not fit for a promotion challenge, but there is some ability in there to be nurtured and he shouldn't be absolved like some people suggest. His lack of tactical nous has been painfully evident - no plan B, no adapting to different teams' set ups and changing circumstances in games.

I just hope Chansiri backs him to the hilt in the loan market in the next couple of weeks and we can get 2 or 3 hungry players in who show the desire that is sorely lacking from the rest of the squad at the moment.

8 hours ago, Beany71 said:

Stoop I agree with the squad but look at Watford with Pearson. Should every new manager come with 11 players? The new man has to get the most out of what he's got. I think with Monk there is no fear factor, the same performances get the same comments. Very worrying.

Watford’s players are a damn sight better than ours, are they not?

Monk has to severely restrain himself in press conferences and I think this draws unfair criticism.

There’s no doubt he can see what we can all see - that these players, while very capable on their day, are so mentally weak it’s truly pathetic. Bannan’s laughable leadership style of screaming at everyone does nothing to lift heads and I actually get the feeling some of them would love to chin him! 

Monk can’t come out and say any of this of course. He has to soak up the pressure for them because he knows it would be totally counter productive otherwise, and it’s not his style anyway.

I thought that was a very well balanced assessment by OwlAbroad.

I like others want Monk to do well but even with the mitigating circumstances I am beginning to worry that he is not learning quickly enough.

Yesterday's formation looked to be a mistake from the outset, as was the line up versus Cardiff.

Bannan virtually in the back four, Lee struggling desperately, Murphy who is a complete luxury item, Wiinnal on his own up front with two giant centre backs to contend with and and the young right back clearly not ready and completely destroyed.

I do wonder if a wiser older head might help Monk if nothing other than to challenge his thinking.

It was interesting to see several conversations bewteen Stuart Gray and Parker in Fulhams' match on Friday night as an example.

42 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Watford’s players are a damn sight better than ours, are they not?

Surely the opposition they are playing are a damn sight better?  It's not the quality I question, it's the desire, work ethic, commitment.  All the things that every player wanting to further themselves should have as a given. There the qualities that have helped our neighbours become the talk of the town. Yes, with hindsight they're probably a damn sight better as well but it's not being superstars that's brought them success.

You have to give him time to bring in his own players.

For all we know, this group we have now may have ended up producing similar inconsistency under Bruce. He wasnt here long enough for us to know.

Unfortunately, that result yesterday was an absolute shocker. The kind that can see a teams season spiral out of control. Hopefully, Monk can turn things around, but that was as bad as it gets.

12 hours ago, Blatter said:

He does seem to gloss over the reasons for these home defeats in his post match interviews.

I hope that’s just for public consumption and his reaction of microphone is very different.

If not he’ll never put right the glaring inadequacies of our home performances.

Pretty sure there will have been a lot more said behind closed doors than was said in public.