10 year season tickets!

On 16/01/2020 at 13:03, 2roland2 said:

give over, we have plenty of players to sell, and if we would have traded sensibly over the past five years we wouldn’t have the older players  worth nothing.  Selling players like bannan and reach etc are what clubs do all the time, then they replace them, we however are now in. A position where we may have to fire sale, that’s just tough and a result of us gambling and running the club unsustainably. 

as for how do we hold the owner accountable that would take fans getting together and campaigning and setting up meetings ( imo it won’t happen because like on here it’s empathy still for him, and excuses, no offence to you but your asking me these things, it’s the basics of what we should have done over the past five years, ask the owner...... 

like I said a lot of people are quite willing to take the gamble to try and ge the golden goose, that is quite evident both on here and also on social media etc, im just not sure the people who are happy for us to gamble understand the possible consequence of losing said gamble. 

you state the club hasn't 'traded sensibly over the last five years' your opinion, and likely others too.

then you go on to say 'gambling and running the club unsustainably' well ALL football clubs gamble, but you add he's running it 'unsustainably' how many clubs can this term not be aimed at?

then, 'as for how do we hold the owner accountable that would take fans getting together and campaigning and setting up meetings...

it seems you are rather strongly in favour of seeing the owner alter tack, or being made to do so, or were your suggested  meetings and campaigns for something else other than him altering tack?

39 minutes ago, mancowl08 said:

Anyone heard about what the admin fee could be to sell your current future season tickets back to the club? 

I'm not purchasing the 10 year deal until I know what that figure is! 

(currently have 1 year remaining on season ticket) 

Probably all depends how long you have left on the ticket when you sell it back.
Think its safe to assume any fee with be in the clubs favour. Just standard business really.

12 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

you don't like not getting bites do you? 
go back and read your own comments. You went around in circles then agreed with all the reasons I was claiming to be worried and as I said not exaggerating. 

now because I haven’t bit in the wilder and this thread you start to try and get a bite again lol no thanks I ain’t goi g around in circles with someone who it’s clear to see only has one aim of trying to wind me up. 

im actually sitting here laughing at how sad you must be 

i've highlighted your words not mine roland, then you add a confused icon.

I would have though that the shocked one would have been more fitting after re-reading your post.

what you have posted is rather 'extreme' for anyone, but for someone who claims to hold a position in corporate marketing firing off at the club and chairman's failings, i'm left to wonder is this criticism of both club and chairman your employers point of view too?

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

i've highlighted your words not mine roland, then you add a confused icon.

I would have though that the shocked one would have been more fitting after re-reading your post.

what you have posted is rather 'extreme' for anyone, but for someone who claims to hold a position in corporate marketing firing off at the club and chairman's failings, i'm left to wonder is this criticism of both club and chairman your employers point of view too?

tut, tut roland, not wanting to play now?

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Another nothingness post trying to get a bite, are you trying to scare me into not posting my views? It’s all their for people to see, it’s my view the club isn’t running as it should, plain and simple, we should have a sustainable club where we are not losing  39 million plus over a three year period. As a fan I am fully entitled to that view, im also fully entitled to want us to rectify it and have a long term plan to not leak money. I have had this view pre Chansiri and will continue that belief if he goes. 

as for my position with my employer, what would you even bring that into it lol what on earth as that got to do woth this topic?  

btw is traffic a bit slow this week? Your trying reallllllly hard to get a bite 

NO roland, in fairness I want to know if the shitstirring stuff you have posted about dc not running the club correctly, and YOU advocating supporters get together and have meetings and CAMPAIGNS over the matter, are also those of your 'corporate marketing' employers?

as his (according to you) failings in the corporate marketing area, obviously suggest a link.

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

NO roland, in fairness I want to know if the shitstirring stuff you have posted about dc not running the club correctly, and YOU advocating supporters get together and have meetings and CAMPAIGNS over the matter, are also those of your 'corporate marketing' employers?

as his (according to you) failings in the corporate marketing area, obviously suggest a link.

come on roland you can do better than keep negging away.

On 16/01/2020 at 13:03, 2roland2 said:

give over, we have plenty of players to sell, and if we would have traded sensibly over the past five years we wouldn’t have the older players  worth nothing.  Selling players like bannan and reach etc are what clubs do all the time, then they replace them, we however are now in. A position where we may have to fire sale, that’s just tough and a result of us gambling and running the club unsustainably. 

as for how do we hold the owner accountable that would take fans getting together and campaigning and setting up meetings ( imo it won’t happen because like on here it’s empathy still for him, and excuses, no offence to you but your asking me these things, it’s the basics of what we should have done over the past five years, ask the owner...... 

like I said a lot of people are quite willing to take the gamble to try and ge the golden goose, that is quite evident both on here and also on social media etc, im just not sure the people who are happy for us to gamble understand the possible consequence of losing said gamble. 

On 16/01/2020 at 18:10, 2roland2 said:

lol I actually missed your last sentence, brilliant, yep I actually am and relatively successful working in a corporate market, im certainly no billionaire but I have a big understanding of business, and one things for sure even without that knowledge It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to understand that the losses we are racking up with no apparent long term plan to rectify can not carry on. 
as for the next man looking he won’t get out of his limo to look at our mess, whilst ever we are running like we are forward financing , neglecting corporate income and not trading to keep down losses they would glance through the tinted window and say drive on Jeeves. 
thanks for the put down though it’s always nice when someone resorts to insulting when they are getting nowhere. 

47 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Another nothingness post trying to get a bite, are you trying to scare me into not posting my views? It’s all their for people to see, it’s my view the club isn’t running as it should, plain and simple, we should have a sustainable club where we are not losing  39 million plus over a three year period. As a fan I am fully entitled to that view, im also fully entitled to want us to rectify it and have a long term plan to not leak money. I have had this view pre Chansiri and will continue that belief if he goes. 

as for my position with my employer, what would you even bring that into it lol what on earth as that got to do woth this topic?  

all I asked are your strongly held views on holding 'the owner accountable, getting together and campaigning and setting up meetings' and your view that 'the club isn't running as it should' are they the ones of your employer in corporate marketing, as those strongly held views might be seen a damaging to dc's sheffield wednesday.

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

so I take it from your PM you're not playing anymore.

I like to read what I've put in a long post, and often change it to soften it's initial impact, it might be a system you could try, certainly when posting about the club and chairman, powerful things chairmen.

38 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Hi Dorian, 

just for the record, its very rare i put people on ignore but i aint going around in circles for the next few weeks repeating everything i have said. Like i said go and look back at every post in my history, its all there to see, i am very consistent in my opinions of how i think we should have sustainable running of our club, with Chansiri or without. i have also emailed the club with suggestions several times as well as posting ideas on here ( now I'm not stupid enough to think any notice will be taken but i do want us to succeed with our owner or any future owner.

As for my employer, i quoted earlier in the thread, come along and ask the kettles always on, my corporate marketing doesn't even slightly touch the football world apart from corporate entertainment so suggesting anything about a conflict from me is utter nonsense.

Anyhow i will leave you too it and as i mentioned, i can't see your posts now because i have better things to do than argue online with people trying to get a rise.

Best of luck with all your future endeavours 

There you go fella lol   absolutely nothing to hide, just thought i would do the right thing and be nice.

•  

cheers.

I don't know if it's been mentioned already, I assume it has but I don't have time to look back over the whole thread, but surely this ability to "sell" unwanted years back to the club is going to have a negative effect on future accounts? Take my own scenario as an example - I've still got 4 years to go after this season on my 5 year season ticket. So if I was to buy one of these 10 year / 15 year / potentially lifetime tickets, the club have already said that my current ticket can't be partially refunded so I'd effectively have to own 2 STs concurrently for the next 4 years, but they'd let me sell those first 4 years of the 10 year ticket back to the club.

So let's say we hypothetically sell 1000 of the new 10 year tickets, but the vast majority are likely to be people in the same situation as me who already have a multiple year ticket because we are/were in the financial position to be able to stump up multiple years cash up front and would have bought STs every year anyway. Yes it's a nice little cash boost for this financial year, but if most people sell back the first 4 years of their ticket then we're going to have 4 years of losses on the accounts (and that's not including any future years that holders may randomly decide to sell back).

1000 x 10 year tickets sold at an average of £5,550 = £5.55m coming in this year.  But they could be reimbursing and therefore losing 40% of that income at £555,000 for each of the next 4 years, i.e. £2.22m. AND potentially reimbursing other years in the future at random. AND losing a minimum of 5 further years season ticket income from these 1000 ST buyers because of the free years which at the same prices would be a further £555,000 down per year for at least 5 years, another £2.775m.

So this entire scheme will gain us a maximum of £555k over the next 15 years but could potentially lose far, far more. On the face of it it looks like a good deal for the fans who are willing and able to commit to buying 10/15 years of season tickets in advance - but a bad, bad deal for the club's financial future and all for the sake of a relatively small financial boost this year which we could probably exceed without adversely affecting the next 15 years of accounts just by selling Reach, for example. Utter madness.