10 year season tickets!

2 hours ago, alanharper said:
I don't know if it's been mentioned already, I assume it has but I don't have time to look back over the whole thread, but surely this ability to "sell" unwanted years back to the club is going to have a negative effect on future accounts? Take my own scenario as an example - I've still got 4 years to go after this season on my 5 year season ticket. So if I was to buy one of these 10 year / 15 year / potentially lifetime tickets, the club have already said that my current ticket can't be partially refunded so I'd effectively have to own 2 STs concurrently for the next 4 years, but they'd let me sell those first 4 years of the 10 year ticket back to the club.

So let's say we hypothetically sell 1000 of the new 10 year tickets, but the vast majority are likely to be people in the same situation as me who already have a multiple year ticket because we are/were in the financial position to be able to stump up multiple years cash up front and would have bought STs every year anyway. Yes it's a nice little cash boost for this financial year, but if most people sell back the first 4 years of their ticket then we're going to have 4 years of losses on the accounts (and that's not including any future years that holders may randomly decide to sell back).

1000 x 10 year tickets sold at an average of £5,550 = £5.55m coming in this year.  But they could be reimbursing and therefore losing 40% of that income at £555,000 for each of the next 4 years, i.e. £2.22m. AND potentially reimbursing other years in the future at random. AND losing a minimum of 5 further years season ticket income from these 1000 ST buyers because of the free years which at the same prices would be a further £555,000 down per year for at least 5 years, another £2.775m.

So this entire scheme will gain us a maximum of £555k over the next 15 years but could potentially lose far, far more. On the face of it it looks like a good deal for the fans who are willing and able to commit to buying 10/15 years of season tickets in advance - but a bad, bad deal for the club's financial future and all for the sake of a relatively small financial boost this year which we could probably exceed without adversely affecting the next 15 years of accounts just by selling Reach, for example. Utter madness.

You seem surprised it's a crackpot scheme ?

DC has history.

WTF:

Why cant the club juat keep it simple, reduce match day prices ...reduce season tickets.

DC asked the fans ( or was it a thinly vailed blackmail? ) do we want cheap tickets and play the u21s as first team regulars or pay more for STs high match day prices and he will dip his hand in his pockets...so far we have seen sweet FA.

These new 10yr crackpot season tickets idea will be okay when he buggers us up and this deal wont be recognised under the Administrator...should it get that bad, we have to be careful.

On 23/01/2020 at 15:59, alanharper said:
I don't know if it's been mentioned already, I assume it has but I don't have time to look back over the whole thread, but surely this ability to "sell" unwanted years back to the club is going to have a negative effect on future accounts? Take my own scenario as an example - I've still got 4 years to go after this season on my 5 year season ticket. So if I was to buy one of these 10 year / 15 year / potentially lifetime tickets, the club have already said that my current ticket can't be partially refunded so I'd effectively have to own 2 STs concurrently for the next 4 years, but they'd let me sell those first 4 years of the 10 year ticket back to the club.

So let's say we hypothetically sell 1000 of the new 10 year tickets, but the vast majority are likely to be people in the same situation as me who already have a multiple year ticket because we are/were in the financial position to be able to stump up multiple years cash up front and would have bought STs every year anyway. Yes it's a nice little cash boost for this financial year, but if most people sell back the first 4 years of their ticket then we're going to have 4 years of losses on the accounts (and that's not including any future years that holders may randomly decide to sell back).

1000 x 10 year tickets sold at an average of £5,550 = £5.55m coming in this year.  But they could be reimbursing and therefore losing 40% of that income at £555,000 for each of the next 4 years, i.e. £2.22m. AND potentially reimbursing other years in the future at random. AND losing a minimum of 5 further years season ticket income from these 1000 ST buyers because of the free years which at the same prices would be a further £555,000 down per year for at least 5 years, another £2.775m.

So this entire scheme will gain us a maximum of £555k over the next 15 years but could potentially lose far, far more. On the face of it it looks like a good deal for the fans who are willing and able to commit to buying 10/15 years of season tickets in advance - but a bad, bad deal for the club's financial future and all for the sake of a relatively small financial boost this year which we could probably exceed without adversely affecting the next 15 years of accounts just by selling Reach, for example. Utter madness.

Yep. It makes no business sense whatsoever.

8 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

There was the rumour that less than 20

have been sold 

i wouldnt touch them with a barge pole

The 3 year ones were a waste of time - with him freezing the prices

Getting a 10 year one while they are in charge seems risky to say the least!

2 hours ago, torres said:

i wouldnt touch them with a barge pole

The 3 year ones were a waste of time - with him freezing the prices

Getting a 10 year one while they are in charge seems risky to say the least!

Don't see why, cos if we keep treading water in the Championship then every season is another free season ticket!

4 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Not if the funds generated helps us to get to the Premier League gravy train, no.

I’ll throw a real curve ball in here then. 

I don’t think we’re going up anytime soon, and under the current style of management and control, this 10 year ticket revenue will help us tread water, at best. 

3 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Don't see why, cos if we keep treading water in the Championship then every season is another free season ticket!

Impossible to tread water the way we are managed (mis-managed)

We either go up or go pop under the current rules and management 

I just don't them enough to give them 10 years worth of ticket money 

On 23/01/2020 at 23:20, 2roland2 said:

Hi Dorian, 

just for the record, its very rare i put people on ignore but i aint going around in circles for the next few weeks repeating everything i have said.

[.....]

i can't see your posts now because i have better things to do than argue online with people trying to get a rise.

On 23/01/2020 at 23:59, dorian gray said:

cheers.

On 24/01/2020 at 00:00, 2roland2 said:

pleasure, 

lol So, how did you see that one?

Edited by Samurai Blue
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, vulva said:

I’ll throw a real curve ball in here then. 

I don’t think we’re going up anytime soon, and under the current style of management and control, this 10 year ticket revenue will help us tread water, at best. 

Tough call. We've had 2 near misses in 4 seasons and here we are in Chansiri's 5th season sat on the fringe of the play-offs currently (and probably well in the play-offs if it wasn't for a very unfortunate timed injury to Fletcher). We've added one of the best strikers we could have got in the January window who gives us a real chance of replicating form prior to Fletcher's injury.

If further investment and the right recruitment is made, and we've certainly got better at that, I'd expect us to be there knocking like we have for most of Chansiri's reign.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, torres said:

Impossible to tread water the way we are managed (mis-managed)

We either go up or go pop under the current rules and management 

I just don't them enough to give them 10 years worth of ticket money 

The silly spending has stopped. The P&S issue is around how we've got back within our P&S limits and it would appear the EFL are less competent than us! Added to that the huge amount coming off the wage bill this summer, having the nucleus of a decent team under contract, a good manager, we have a sound shout to go again next year (assuming we don't go up this year). Here's hoping!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

The silly spending has stopped. The P&S issue is around how we've got back within our P&S limits and it would appear the EFL are less competent than us! Added to that the huge amount coming off the wage bill this summer, having the nucleus of a decent team under contract, a good manager, we have a sound shout to go again next year (assuming we don't go up this year). Here's hoping!

I understand what you are saying and yes we have a good manager, a nucleus of a team next year (3 or 4 players)

But we are still unsure of any punishment affecting this season or future seasons and we can't say with any certainty that we won't be starting a league below next year 

I know that no team is 100% certain where they will be year on year but ours could be anything!!

16 minutes ago, torres said:

But we are still unsure of any punishment affecting this season or future seasons and we can't say with any certainty that we won't be starting a league below next year 

I think the EFL have got all in proving anything. You can’t accept the accounts as a true record and then renege the fact as it isn’t in the spirit of the rules. I don’t think we will get anything other than a reprimand.

• Like 1