10 year season tickets!

2 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Yeah, housing is more of a guarantee but a million pound house takes a lot of upkeep, won't remain a million pound house unless you put a lot of money into it. Houses are money pits.

Whereas the "ten year" season ticket is actually a 15 year season ticket and you can sell any one season at full price (one tenth of the price you paid) (minus mysterious admin fee) so sell ten years back and you've got five years for free.

The total 'value' of your investment ends up 150% of the purchase value, effectively the same as the million pound house being worth £1.5m in ten years. Not a bad 'return on investment'.

Yeah. If you had the money up front... You could end up either breaking even and taking five years or even, if we go up, having five years and making a profit

24 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

When you go in a sweet shop you have the choice of lots of different sweets to buy, cheap ones , expensives ones , you can even go back out of the shop without buying anything.

"Empty yer pockets Sonny Jim"..

"Proper little Dixons Mint Rock storeroom we have in there eh" ?.

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 1

If this has been addressed then my apologies.

Is there anyone that actually thinks/believes that Chansiri is doing this for the benefit of those that can afford to participate. My view,as before,is that Chansiri's business acumen is worse than Derek Trotters on a bad day at the market.

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

I just can't get my head around buying anything over that period other than a house.......and I feel like this ticket should come with an optional life insurance option. lol

Don't worry about it.. there'll be plenty along to explain the benefits..

4 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

It's a sensible offer and good value if you can afford it.

Key is it's limited availability

So yes if sold 2000 then would lose £1m a year after this year, but in grand scheme of things £1m not going to make a massive difference to FFP position.

However, on flip side those 2000 sales could bring in £10m which could make a big difference to this year's FFP losses And potential for next year's budget.

For example in 2019 accounts posted profit of £2m

If with this extra £10m income and reduced wage bill we posted a loss of say £12m then for FFP in the 20/21 year the previous 2 years FFP loss would only be £10m. 

Given the FFP is a rolling 3 year period could give club room to maneuver next year as would be able to post losses of upto £29m and be within FFP limits.

This year is vital to take advantage of the profit included last year.

It won't count for P&S how many times, it's a back to the premier league ticket, the revenue can only be realised when we are in the premier league so no help with losses rules.

The scheme does nothing for P&S only makes it worse but at least DC gets the fans to put their hands in their pockets instead of him.

I trust the new EFL accountants will be busy scouring FRS 102 to try and work out how the f##k you allocate this between accounting periods for FFP 

4 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

You’ve spun this a few times now, despite a few people pointing out it’s a LIMITED offer. Even if it wasn’t, how many Owls fans do you think could put there hands on £4.5k in the next 4 weeks ?

You’re just scaremongering for some reason....

You what I am just stating what a scary business plan t h at is short term money for very long term damage to the club.

4 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

My only query around what you've said and few others have too .. how can it put the club at risk when we don't know how much the numbers are for this? Its a LIMITED OFFER

Could only be what, 1000? (initial £4.55m) Maybe less, maybe more

So be it 1000 tickets sold club gets in £4.5m then does get promoted for 10 years, season tickets to up every year club could lose £5-6m in tickets sales  then have to give 10 years free in premier league.

How is that good business???