10 year season tickets!

The point is...

If ANYONE came up to you and asked for 5 grand...You would ask what they wanted it for, what you were getting for it, and what the plan was.

They would give you the reasoning behind it, and what benefits you would get from it.

You would then ask them 

"what their track record was "

I would love to know the f.ookin' answer to that one

If you're the kind of supporter who's owned a season ticket for the last 10-20 years running with no expectation of that changing any time soon, this is clearly a fantastic offer if you have the money available.

I get the concern regarding the signals this gives off as a poo-or-bust type gamble though.

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its the spectre of uncertainty that bothers me...I mean...I went through the roof when Adthe hit that second at Leeds...but you then land....See we are in 6th...and hope...Then the EFL thing pops into your head...Points deduction, then the whole sort of D Taxis..Elevating..the wife...etc.

You dunno whether you are cheering a club on or watchin' a f.ookin' corpse twitch.

There must be thousands who have the same worries as I do, and you wonder why the atmosphere is sagging.

I bought me season ticket today, cos I always do, but it felt more like an obligation than it has done before, because of all the tat surrounding the club..It shouldn't be like that.

Ive never been one for this true supporter nonsense...I go cos I want to...When it comes to the point I don't want to...I f.ookin' won't...but I don't like the way the club is heading...I don't like the fact there are Wednesday fans who can't afford to to tip up on the day

I don't like the seemingly shady, barely legal grounding we have at the minute..it simply smacks of insecurity...and I don't like that.

You can call me a bedwetter...but don't do it on here...show yer credentials and tell me at a  game you tip up to...and I'll happily give you an argument.

When you go in a sweet shop you have the choice of lots of different sweets to buy, cheap ones , expensives ones , you can even go back out of the shop without buying anything.

1 minute ago, Dan™ said:

If you're the kind of supporter who's owned a season ticket for the last 10-20 years running with no expectation of that changing any time soon, this is clearly a fantastic offer if you have the money available.

I get the concern regarding the signals this gives off as a poo-or-bust type gamble though.

You never heard of mortality mate lol?

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

When you go in a sweet shop you have the choice of lots of different sweets to buy, cheap ones , expensives ones , you can even go back out of the shop without buying anything.

Really Inspector.....You ever gone into Hillsborough , watched Wednesday, not liked it and gone back out without paying?

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The point is...

If ANYONE came up to you and asked for 5 grand...You would ask what they wanted it for, what you were getting for it, and what the plan was.

They would give you the reasoning behind it, and what benefits you would get from it.

You would then ask them 

"what their track record was "

I would love to know the f.ookin' answer to that one

Have you never bought a second hand car?

Just not bothered...

3 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

Some of the people on here...

The club are offering a range of season ticket deals for a range of budgets... You don't go on a estate agent website and criticise them for having million pound houses listed. If you can't afford the million pound house don't look at it, it's not for you.

There's a one year deal, the same as previous years.

"But the early bird deadline is two months earlier..." True, so instead of 12 months to save £455 you've had ten months, so at £37.92 per month (regular saving amount to pay for your season ticket) you might be £76 short... Or alternatively you've been blindsided by the fact that you need to pay for a new season ticket (breaking news: you'll have to pay for your new season ticket). If you've saved up monthly you could probably find £76, if you've not you're criticising the club for your inability to forward plan.

I think the ten year plan is a good idea, not many will take it up in which case the liability on the club to finance it moving forward won't be too onerous. If it proves more successful than expected then the club have the get out of jail free card of it being a limited offer ("Sorry, you missed out").

It's like anything - risk and reward. Do not invest money you cannot afford to lose... Same principal that should apply to every purchase you ever make, be it buying a banana or a million pound house.

I know it's not the point youre making but when you buy a million pound house you can pretty much guarantee it will be worth more than that in 10 years time allowing you to make a profit on your investment.

Buy a 10 year season ticket for Sheffield Wednesday and all you have in 10 years is the option to buy another to watch another 10 years of championship football lol