10 year season tickets!

I'm only halfway through the thread but a couple of points that spring to mind. 

As a fan it can only provide current good value for a long time season ticket holder/perspective.  Getting a minimum of 15yrs even at current prices is bloody good value. The only drawback would be a worry over a transfer of ownership or administration and how the wording applies should that situation arise. 

As a club, I can't see it making much difference to overall P&S, and as a fan it does make you question the longer term viability in this offer and whether it identifies an underlying issue. 

But as a second thought, does this cash injection also allow DC to also put even more money back into the club as P&S states is allowed to be matched? As the more income in, means the more he can match without penalties (if I remember correctly and a not barking up a tree in the wrong forest of course). So any money in now can effectively be doubled for a bigger push. 

Now I'm not saying that's right, but it's a possibility. (Now how this all ties into the current legal challenges or not, who knows, as the deadline means the transfer window would be closed, so you can't invest now, but you'd expect that decision to have been made by the summer too, where an embargo could or could not be in place... . So like everything else as is the case of late, its a throw of the coin as to what you believe).

Of course that doesn't take away from the other questions and concerns being levied.  As a fan I have to say as stupid as some see this offer, I would take it up if I had the cash, as I'll be there no matter what, but I won't ridicule those who don't see or agree with the value, neither would I be against anybodies concerns or even faith in this offer. 

Unfortunately, the full proof will only be clear further down the line. Let's hope its the right one and I can find a winning bet to cover the cost haha. 

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Absolutely....I grow radishes in it....................

Tell that to my mate who just spent £11k on a second hand car, only for the engine to seize after 4 months!

But the point is that nothing in football is certain, or every club would be selling tickets to the title parade.  There are 24 teams every year with a chance of going up.  You buy your ticket hoping it's us.  People seem to have short memories.  The season ticket prices under DC have barely increased (not at all for 4 years now).  In that time we've gone from relegation fodder to promotion hopefulls most years.  It might not be pretty off the field but you know what, of the 25000 people that turn up every week, I'd be amazed if more than 2000 actually gave a sh*t about what DC is doing behind the scenes.  They just want to go watch their team play and hope they can win the game.  Owlstalk / Twitter / Facebook is not a barometer of the fanbase, it's a microcosm.  

Just not bothered...

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

The club is being badly mismanaged. 

I really struggle to see how we progress with an owner this incompetent short of pulling off a miracle and getting promoted. There is nothing sustainable about any of this. 

Whoa..you gotta give his missus a chance..eerie

1 minute ago, splan80 said:

I'm only halfway through the thread but a couple of points that spring to mind. 

As a fan it can only provide current good value for a long time season ticket holder/perspective.  Getting a minimum of 15yrs even at current prices is bloody good value. The only drawback would be a worry over a transfer of ownership or administration and how the wording applies should that situation arise. 

As a club, I can't see it making much difference to overall P&S, and as a fan it does make you question the longer term viability in this offer and whether it identifies an underlying issue. 

But as a second thought, does this cash injection also allow DC to also put even more money back into the club as P&S states is allowed to be matched? As the more income in, means the more he can match without penalties (if I remember correctly and a not barking up a tree in the wrong forest of course). So any money in now can effectively be doubled for a bigger push. 

Now I'm not saying that's right, but it's a possibility. (Now how this all ties into the current legal challenges or not, who knows, as the deadline means the transfer window would be closed, so you can't invest now, but you'd expect that decision to have been made by the summer too, where an embargo could or could not be in place... . So like everything else as is the case of late, its a throw of the coin as to what you believe).

Of course that doesn't take away from the other questions and concerns being levied.  As a fan I have to say as stupid as some see this offer, I would take it up if I had the cash, as I'll be there no matter what, but I won't ridicule those who don't see or agree with the value, neither would I be against anybodies concerns or even faith in this offer. 

Unfortunately, the full proof will only be clear further down the line. Let's hope its the right one and I can find a winning bet to cover the cost haha. 

Tell that to me 75 yr old uncle lol

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Tell that to my mate who just spent £11k on a second hand car, only for the engine to seize after 4 months!

But the point is that nothing in football is certain, or every club would be selling tickets to the title parade.  There are 24 teams every year with a chance of going up.  You buy your ticket hoping it's us.  People seem to have short memories.  The season ticket prices under DC have barely increased (not at all for 4 years now).  In that time we've gone from relegation fodder to promotion hopefulls most years.  It might not be pretty off the field but you know what, of the 25000 people that turn up every week, I'd be amazed if more than 2000 actually gave a sh*t about what DC is doing behind the scenes.  They just want to go watch their team play and hope they can win the game.  Owlstalk / Twitter / Facebook is not a barometer of the fanbase, it's a microcosm.  

Mate..We haven't gone from anywhere to anywhere..The Championship is the Championship

As mentioned the maths makes alright reading if you’ve got the finances and are prepared to commit 10+ years to the club. The problem is the motive behind having to make such an offer. DC is taking the pi55 to be fair, playing happy families with us but asking us to stump up constantly to cover his failings and he gets the ar5e on when not many of us do as with 1867. It’s a get rich quick scheme because we’re up financial **** creek without a paddle, nothing more nothing less.  

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Mate..We haven't gone from anywhere to anywhere..The Championship is the Championship

It's not though is it.  Would you rather be us or Barnsley right now?

And to be honest, if you offered me an eternity of top half Championship, or 2 years in the Premier League followed by years of up and down, I'd probably take the former.  Who wants to get schooled by Man City and Liverpool every week?  Followed by Bournemouth  and Brighton away.  

Just not bothered...

5 minutes ago, poite said:

I know it's not the point youre making but when you buy a million pound house you can pretty much guarantee it will be worth more than that in 10 years time allowing you to make a profit on your investment.

Buy a 10 year season ticket for Sheffield Wednesday and all you have in 10 years is the option to buy another to watch another 10 years of championship football lol

Yeah, housing is more of a guarantee but a million pound house takes a lot of upkeep, won't remain a million pound house unless you put a lot of money into it. Houses are money pits.

Whereas the "ten year" season ticket is actually a 15 year season ticket and you can sell any one season at full price (one tenth of the price you paid) (minus mysterious admin fee) so sell ten years back and you've got five years for free.

The total 'value' of your investment ends up 150% of the purchase value, effectively the same as the million pound house being worth £1.5m in ten years. Not a bad 'return on investment'.