Dwight Gayle

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Shouldn't worry about it its not gonna happen

Funny watching people try to rationalise the obscene sums involved to make it sound plausible though.

lol

19 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Look what the pigs bought with their money, i'd say £20 million is still substantial, even given the new environment.

They bought McBurnie.

20 million I heard.

Tried to miss his open goal last week.

Lest we talk about his character, bit of a lad by all accounts.

50 minutes ago, cowl said:

If the financials of the deal really are those that are being reported then it's an absolute no-brainer.

Even if we had no intention of playing him it would still be worth it just in order to prevent a rival from having him.

I assume this deal would only be open to those clubs for whom promotion looks reasonably realistic?

The money that promotion to the Prem is worth, even if we immediately gave him away for nothing the deal would obviously still be worth it.

If we can afford Wickham and/or Gray/Nketiah within P&S we may as well have Gayle as well if we're not playing his wages. It gives us more firepower and stops rivals signing him. It doesnt even matter if he is/gets injured. If we can't afford anyone and Newcastle are paying his wages, we have to sign him as it will have no effect on P&S and we're not going up if we dont replace Fletcher. If we don't get promoted it's cost us nothing and if we do get promoted and have to sign him, we're £180m better off plus whatever we get for Gayle if we sell in future. We're no longer shackled by the Championship P&S rules and Chansiri can spend whatever he likes instead of farting around selling the ground and inventing businesses to sponsor us. Ashley is being very clever no doubt and he isn't worth £20m, but it sounds like a deal that's perfect for a club in our position. I don't see how we can lose. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Thats the thing, Newcastle are offering him as a free loan to championship clubs, the only kicker to that is upon promotion they want £20 million. 

Well if there is one way of guaranteeing you get promoted then this is it.

It's a yes from me.

lol

Guest Ferkorf

We can have him and wickham playing left back  in the physio room every game which is better than Rhodes who is usually right back at home

3 hours ago, wilyfox said:

To be honest I'm a little disappointed that we're only in for Wickham, Gayle, Adams, and Nketiah. Not sure that would be enough. 

Let's sign them all :ghoulguy:

We'll go from having one of the weakest striking pools in the League to having the best :blink:

Sod the EFL, we're finally going up :Chansiri:

2 hours ago, Charles Clegg said:

So - if we get promoted it will cost £20M for a player who will be 30years old a few weeks into the season?

What would his re-sale value be after serving a 2 or 3 year contract?

Not for me.

Resale value on a deal like this is completely irrelevant. It is purely a question of economics. If the £20m is only on promotion you are effectively buying £200-250m for £20m and if anyone would turn that down you are off your rocker.

So we could pay circa £1 million in wages until the end of the season and then if we go up we pay £20million if we don’t we return back to the toon no hard feelings.

DC has blown way more cash on rubbish over previous seasons than an educated chance / gamble of £1 million pounds of wages.

Gayle scores goals in this division, pace, diving, whinging at the ref etc etc rather have him playing for us than against us in any of the other top 6 teams.