Moses Odubajo

It's safe to say Moses Odubajo hasn't had the best start to his Wednesday career, looks decent going forward but is an accident waiting to happen when defending 1v1.

Now, I don't like writing players off and especially one who I know is a good footballer.

I feel now is the time to use Moses in the position he originally played at Brentford and Hull, right wing.

We have 3 wingers at the moment with Reach, Harris and Murphy, add Odubajo in that mix, which now gives us the ability to freshen up both sides during 90 minutes.

Odubajo is athletic with pace to burn and having played many games at fullback, means he can at least help his fullback out when required.

Let's not end his Wednesday career before its started, use him.

• Like 2

Only 2 of Odubajo's 53 appearances for Hull and 18 of his 84 appearances for Brentford were on the right wing.

It's not a bad idea to use him as a winger perhaps, but given Palmer's injury, we may well need him in his usual right-back berth before we try him in midfield.

Quite why he's struggled for any kind of consistent form since joining us, I don't know, but he played 43 games at right-back when Hull won promotion to the Premier League under Bruce, so he's certainly got the pedigree.  

4 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

It's safe to say Moses Odubajo hasn't had the best start to his Wednesday career, looks decent going forward but is an accident waiting to happen when defending 1v1.

Now, I don't like writing players off and especially one who I know is a good footballer.

I feel now is the time to use Moses in the position he originally played at Brentford and Hull, right wing.

We have 3 wingers at the moment with Reach, Harris and Murphy, add Odubajo in that mix, which now gives us the ability to freshen up both sides during 90 minutes.

Odubajo is athletic with pace to burn and having played many games at fullback, means he can at least help his fullback out when required.

Let's not end his Wednesday career before its started, use him.

Yes a good shout He also played some decent games in midfield for Brentford, another area where we are short of bodies

Any half decent oppo manager will be telling his LW to take Moses on in the box. Penalty waiting to happen.

Decent shout to use him as RW, though I would prefer Harris right and Reach left. Next pick is Murphy, unless FF gets fit and stays.

21 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Any half decent oppo manager will be telling his LW to take Moses on in the box. Penalty waiting to happen.

Decent shout to use him as RW, though I would prefer Harris right and Reach left. Next pick is Murphy, unless FF gets fit and stays.

Like a punchline to a joke

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Been disappointing so far. Had some nightmare performances. The lad was a very useful player though at Hull and Brentford, just hope he rediscovers that’s type of form. 

Only ever in emergency circumstances at full back though. He’s a useful bits and pieces player, but from what I saw of him at Brentford, he never looked comfortable at full back It’s not hindsight either, I was one of the few saying it before he signed

5 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Only 2 of Odubajo's 53 appearances for Hull and 18 of his 84 appearances for Brentford were on the right wing.

It's not a bad idea to use him as a winger perhaps, but given Palmer's injury, we may well need him in his usual right-back berth before we try him in midfield.

Quite why he's struggled for any kind of consistent form since joining us, I don't know, but he played 43 games at right-back when Hull won promotion to the Premier League under Bruce, so he's certainly got the pedigree.  

Not sure being consistent in a play-off finishing side a few years ago is all that really.

We could potentially have that to some extent with Liam Palmer.

1 minute ago, sMacLean said:

Not sure being consistent in a play-off finishing side a few years ago is all that really.

There was so much rubbish chat about Palmer being third choice right back, following the arrival of Iorfa and Odubajo Can remember thinking, if Palmer ends up being third choice behind those two, he certainly should leave As it turns out, neither are a patch on Palmer at full back

8 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

I'm not suggesting it's 'all that', but he's certainly got (or perhaps had) more ability than we've seen so far in a Wednesday shirt.

Heck, he achieved more assists from right-back in that season alone than Palmer has managed from the same position in his entire career!

its fair to say going forward he is decent ,his strongest position is wing back ,at Brentford it was known the defending wasn't his strong point, he has been at fault this season with westwood for conceding goals and pens , I would have used him at brighton further forward ,if we don't do or try this he is going to be stuck here picking up a wage for doing nothing, I thought those days were done with that here. 

He doesn't seem to be in Monk's plans. Since Palmer's injury, he's favoured Iorfa and brought in a youth player to play RB. 

Agree with some of the comments regarding his positional sense and defensive errors. He looks like a wing back to me who needs the cover of 3 CB's.

Has the attributes to play further forward out wide in a 442, but not sure where he fits in 433 on current form.

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

There was so much rubbish chat about Palmer being third choice right back, following the arrival of Iorfa and Odubajo Can remember thinking, if Palmer ends up being third choice behind those two, he certainly should leave As it turns out, neither are a patch on Palmer at full back

Iorfa is 1000000x better at CB. His main attribute for right back is pace to burn - but his positioning wasn't as strong. At CB he's nailed it - completely at home. 

Palmer on the other hand has improved massively and is our first choice. 

Moses, sadly, is a calamity waiting to happen. He's gangly, his arms fly everywhere, pulls and trips etc - in and outside the box. Like a member mentioned above, every single manager will target him to go at when they play us and we can't afford for him to give away 5 free kicks a game near the box. 

2 hours ago, PuntItLikeDielna said:

I think he's lost some of his pace due to injury, and still hasn't adapted his game properly to recognise this, hence getting caught out so much 

There may be something in this.

There's no doubting that he'd be our best right-back if he could rediscover his best form, but it's just not happened for him so far. If what you say is true, it maybe never will.

Bruce obviously rated him, having been a key player during Hull's promotion season, but he's not looked the same player so far this season.