Moses Odubajo

6 hours ago, cowl said:

Possibly mental rather than physical. It wasn't just that he had a single injury for which he was out for almost 2 years, it was a serious of setbacks in which the original injury just seemed to be exacerbated. It would be somewhat understandable if he's still playing within himself out of fear of getting injured again.

Whist not disagreeing with you bud, he dosent seem as if he's holding back or ducking challenges somewhat. 

For me all too often he seems to be tying too hard, he's not concentrating on doing the simple stuff right. 

He Rushes into challenges a bit rashly  and gets on top of the man in around the box, man gives him the slip as he's cought off balance,or just goes over to win free kicks and penalties. 

He playes himself into trouble trying to beat players around his own box and loses it, or goes charging up field and is subsequently out of position. 

He gets drawn to the ball and forgets the man he's supposed to be picking up. 

For me it's a classic example of someone who's still a bit rusty and not really match Sharp enough yet who's trying too hard to make an impression and make up for lost time. 

I'll never write off players who show willing easily. I defended fox for a very long time till the point when I was finding it almost impossible, then he goes and starts looking capable, hopefully odd job will settle. 

Just needs to do the simple things right and calm down a bit. 

seems lost in the box when defending tbh, he has the pace and is decent with the ball when going forward... his judgement between the box and line seem poor to me, good lge 1 player for me - he needs lots of games to get back to the form he showed with Hull...one mans opinion.

Edited by owls14

16 hours ago, fingyfop said:

Dawson

Iorfa       Lees        Borner

Odubajo                              reach           

Luongo Hutchinson Bannan

Winnall     Harris

That team would struggle to stay in the league ,never mind win games 

• Haha 3

On 06/01/2020 at 08:55, handworth52 said:

its fair to say going forward he is decent ,his strongest position is wing back ,at Brentford it was known the defending wasn't his strong point, he has been at fault this season with westwood for conceding goals and pens , I would have used him at brighton further forward ,if we don't do or try this he is going to be stuck here picking up a wage for doing nothing, I thought those days were done with that here. 

Agree, I'm sure he was often played at wing back for Hull under Bruce, not full back. Bruce played 3-5-2 a lot with them which left Robertson and Oddjob free to power up the flanks, with a bit less defensive responsibility. Though I still expected him to be better defensively than he's shown for us, he isn't a winger after all.

Unless we use wing backs which we shouldn't with our current wingers, then I don't see him being more than a backup currently. Clearly not trusted to play full back and rightly so after all his pens conceded already. Maybe Monk can improve him, if not then I'd be happy to sell him.

1 minute ago, swfc-dan said:

Agree, I'm sure he was often played at wing back for Hull under Bruce, not full back. Bruce played 3-5-2 a lot with them which left Robertson and Oddjob free to power up the flanks, with a bit less defensive responsibility. Though I still expected him to be better defensively than he's shown for us, he isn't a winger after all.

Unless we use wing backs which we shouldn't with our current wingers, then I don't see him being more than a backup currently. Clearly not trusted to play full back and rightly so after all his pens conceded already. Maybe Monk can improve him, if not then I'd be happy to sell him.

Shows the confused thinking that still surrounds our recruitment strategy. Expect more of the same this January

• Haha 1

On 06/01/2020 at 10:54, gurujuan said:

This ^^^ Plus what in God’s name makes people think that Reach would be an effective wing back? I know the job entails getting forward, but you also have to be able to tackle, and he can’t Also, his wide play isn’t the classic style of wide play you need from a wing back, he’s a bit stop start. Looking at that line up, aside from the midfield three,the only one it suits is Odubajo

The few games he played there under Jos he played it well

4 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Of Odubajo's 53 games for Hull, 46 were at right-back and none were as a wing-back.

In Odubajo's only Championship season at Hull, Bruce played 3-5-2 twice and Odubajo only featured in one of those games. He also played him in a 5-3-2 once.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem