Monk - We got what we deserved

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I keep saying, some of our players aren't good enough, including some fan favourites

Monk needs two or three transfer windows

I just hope our supporters give him the time

When has a Wednesday Manager had 2-3 windows to sort things out? Either they fall by the way-side, aren’t supported in the transfer window or embargo’d. Can’t see with the current FFP constraints and what the EFL have in store we will be bringing anyone in in January. Monk has done well with what he has had but probably will need to get more out of this squad for now.

1 hour ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

When has a Wednesday Manager had 2-3 windows to sort things out? Either they fall by the way-side, aren’t supported in the transfer window or embargo’d. Can’t see with the current FFP constraints and what the EFL have in store we will be bringing anyone in in January. Monk has done well with what he has had but probably will need to get more out of this squad for now.

He'll be itching to get some bodies in that's for sure. 

If we can't sign anyone I just hope to hell we can get a half decent loan in.

Someone who brings something a bit different.

4 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Glad to see he's taking it on the chin and acknowledged why we lost is more on him, than the players. Like that about Monk he owns his mistakes when he makes one.

Not sure I can watch another 90 minutes of us playing a 442 when that front two is Rhodes/Nuhiu though lol

Part of the problem is with Nuhiu he spends half his time chasing balls in wide midfield which is admirable but doesn't help the goal threat. Like playing 451 with Lurch as a winger.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Just wish he would stop sitting back and inviting teams on when we go in front. 
he’s doing very well but every time we sit back we fizz up. We aren’t strong enough to do it. As the dropped points late in games suggest. 

I'm almost 100% sure it wasn't Monk's instruction to drop this deep and alow Stoke to camp around our box.

It seems to be players reaction after they found themselves under some heavy pressure. It was tragic how unable we were to clear ball out of our area in last 10 - 15 minutes and how slow we were to get up the pitch and press Stoke back on those rare occasions when we did. We crumble under late pressure and like it or not there is no easy way to fix it.

4 minutes ago, malek said:

I'm almost 100% sure it wasn't Monk's instruction to drop this deep and alow Stoke to camp around our box.

It seems to be players reaction after they found themselves under some heavy pressure. It was tragic how unable we were to clear ball out of our area in last 10 - 15 minutes and how slow we were to get up the pitch and press Stoke back on those rare occasions when we did. We crumble under late pressure and like it or not there is no easy way to fix it.

Borner back in the side for a start, at leat we will get 100% and a never say die attitude from him. 

Nuhiu has made an impact occasionally when he has come on for the last 20 minutes. When he actually starts, he's been pretty miserable. Rhodes has had one terrific match, but otherwise has been a waste of a wage. Murphy is too lightweight and inconsistent but unless we can send him back he's here for the season.

It's no surprise we're getting linked with forwards and wide men. As for Westwood, he now gets injured without even playing, apparently. 

We definitely need a few additions and, if possible, some departures. 

Apart from bizarre choices from the likes of Reach and Hutch who should have been kicking for touch 80 yards from our goal when they got the ball prior to the last goal. I have got to say all round we didn’t want to win that ball bad enough when the corner came in. It’s sometimes that simple. 

11 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Nuhiu has made an impact occasionally when he has come on for the last 20 minutes. When he actually starts, he's been pretty miserable. Rhodes has had one terrific match, but otherwise has been a waste of a wage. Murphy is too lightweight and inconsistent but unless we can send him back he's here for the season.

It's no surprise we're getting linked with forwards and wide men. As for Westwood, he now gets injured without even playing, apparently. 

We definitely need a few additions and, if possible, some departures. 

Ye, I suspect that FF, Rhodes, Winnall and Dave will all be available to leave - the only problem being is trying to find a club to buy them. Westwood’s days may also be coming to an end. I also agree if we can bring short Murphy’s loan, I would do it. 

The remainder of the squad is pretty solid. We could do with 2 strikers and another wide man and we will certainly have enough. Monk has done a great job so far. 

On 26/12/2019 at 21:22, victorturner said:

Doubt if you need quality to hang onto leads. Ordinary players can be drilled.

A lot of our players are ordinary

The ones that can't be drilled will be cast aside

Monk will already know who these are, and if we're honest, and we take our blue and white specs off, we know who they are too

It's whether the chairman let's him do it 

And whether the supporters give him the time to do it

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Saying we got what we deserved shouldn't distract from the worrying weakness of being unable to hold a lead in the dying minutes of matches. If we got what we deserved we would have won several matches (Birmingham, Leeds and Swansea to name a few) and in fact it could be argued we needed to win this type of match to balance the karma. We need a few more players with a tougher mentality IMO.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

On 26/12/2019 at 21:54, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Carlos. None of that applies to him.

On 26/12/2019 at 20:54, modboy said:

Wouldn't be overly bothered about any of the team moving on tbh. 

Think monk will get better signings to suit his system if given a chance

So would be OK with losing the likes of Bannan, Harris, Ilorfa, Borner & Fletcher..  Amazing how we have fluked being in and around top 6!  Some of our fans over hype other teams player  and under value ours!  In particular Bannan, Ilorfa & Harris would walk into  any championship team.  We just needed to add a little more of player of that quality and  we will be  top 2 material 

9 hours ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

So would be OK with losing the likes of Bannan, Harris, Ilorfa, Borner & Fletcher..  Amazing how we have fluked being in and around top 6!  Some of our fans over hype other teams player  and under value ours!  In particular Bannan, Ilorfa & Harris would walk into  any championship team.  We just needed to add a little more of player of that quality and  we will be  top 2 material 

Bannan I'd hate to lose, iorfa will be gone for a handsome fee according to newspaper gossip, Fletcher will be gone in the summer as I'm sure we won't be able to match his current contract, Börner I REALLY like and would be my first choice CB, Harris is ok. 

As said I fully trust in monk bringing in his own to suit his system and needs. 

44 minutes ago, modboy said:

Bannan I'd hate to lose, iorfa will be gone for a handsome fee according to newspaper gossip, Fletcher will be gone in the summer as I'm sure we won't be able to match his current contract, Börner I REALLY like and would be my first choice CB, Harris is ok. 

As said I fully trust in monk bringing in his own to suit his system and needs. 

Fletch won’t get a better contract elsewhere though. Depends if he’ll want a change of scenery