Dominic Iorfa

28 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Amazing signing. Thank you Steve Bruce. Honestly believe he is worth 15+ million 

It pains me to say but spent most of last year saying we should sign him, if you don't believe look at the amount of time I mentioned it in the transfer thread, to be told he did nothing at Ipswich so must be crap by those ITK.

thank God the club listen and sign a great player for not a great amount of money. If done right we could make a lot of money on him and move the club forward the way we should have been doing all along.

lol

If he gets to the PL (hopefully with us) and continues to improve at this rate then I can see him being in contention for the national team. Genuinely think he’s that good. Big, strong, quick, good in the air, good with the ball, reads the game well, gets stuck in, scores goals... can’t ask much more from a centre half. We’re lucky to have him

25 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

If he gets to the PL (hopefully with us) and continues to improve at this rate then I can see him being in contention for the national team. Genuinely think he’s that good. Big, strong, quick, good in the air, good with the ball, reads the game well, gets stuck in, scores goals... can’t ask much more from a centre half. We’re lucky to have him

That might sound a bit premature, but right now England are crying out for a good central half. There will however be many in the queue in front of him. But in a year or 2, who knows? 

5 minutes ago, steelerian said:

That might sound a bit premature, but right now England are crying out for a good central half. There will however be many in the queue in front of him. But in a year or 2, who knows? 

I always cringe when I read people saying “so and so should be playing for England” but I genuinely think he’s got every chance of being called up eventually if he carries on his current form. As you say, the English centre half options aren’t great — just hope he gets the chance to show the PL how good he is with us. 

Also, we properly had Wolves’ pants down there. 250k!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bleeder said:

Immense again today.

Surely time to resurrect the Des Walker chant of old...

For those of you not old enough to remember...

'You'll never beat Iorfa'

For those a tiny bit older, we had a player faster than Walker and the chant came out for him first.

You'll never beat Paul Warhurst.

Also I actually think Warhurst was far better.  - all round, a great defender but also a brilliant marauder up the pitch.    Then latterly a striker.

Edited by Salmonbones
  • Like 1

Awesome again. We had him to thank for keeping Watkins and Benrama at bay, one superb tackle on him which would've been a goal if he didn't make it.

Only thing I think he can work on still is heading out from the back, at times like today it can be more up that out. But he's going to be in high demand in a year or so, just hope we can get up before the big boys come calling. At least we should get big, big money due to his age.

Edited by swfc-dan

I know it seems a strange thing to say, but I think you can clearly see we have missed Borner.   <-- to quantify this I mean in simple terms we look calmer with Borner in position. 

Having said that, I have no clue what the best duo is of the three, but i'd lean towards Borner and Iorfa.

Edited by Salmonbones

22 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

For those a tiny bit older, we had a player faster than Walker and the chant came out for him first.

You'll never beat Paul Warhurst.

Also I actually think Warhurst was far better.  - all round, a great defender but also a brilliant marauder up the pitch.    Then latterly a striker.

Des Walker was a far better player than Paul Warhurst. And the Forest fans were singing that about Des long before he came to us.

6 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I know it seems a strange thing to say, but I think you can clearly see we have missed Borner.   <-- to quantify this I mean in simple terms we look calmer with Borner in position. 

Having said that, I have no clue what the best duo is of the three, but i'd lean towards Borner and Iorfa.

This.

Borner is the better of him and Lees for me.

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Why wouldn't he want my to play in the premiership

With Sheffield Wednesday.

Because DC has fizzed up the finances and we’re more likely to be in league 1 next season. 

Dom was utter class today. But sadly he will likely be sacrificed at the alter of FFP. 

44 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Brighton signed Webster for 20m, Burnley signed Gibson for 15m and Iorfa’s better than both of them

Better than 30m micheal keane too imo, keep laughing folks!

Edited by Ash77