Dominic Iorfa

We need to keep him long enough to at least get a huge fee. Definitely don't sell this Jan.

If we dont go up which is very likely with a points deduction, then its likely he'll be sacrificed in the summer. But absolutely 15mil minimum. Worth 25mil imo. Special, special talent.

Edited by swfc-dan

37 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

Des Walker was a far better player than Paul Warhurst. And the Forest fans were singing that about Des long before he came to us.

Disagree.   Walker was a better defender - BUT not by much, Warhurst was a better player.

Don't give a crap if florest sang it first, we sang it first to Warhurst of our own players

Edited by Salmonbones
  • Haha 1

Thanks SB for bringing Dom to our club, outstanding talent, hopefully we can keep hold for a while and with a couple of good transfer windows in January and the Summer with our new recruiting set up,also set up by SB, we can build a good young side to achieve the dream. But I also know with our current predicament money talks but has got to be upwards of 15m plus sell on. 

40 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

Warhurst proved to be the better striker, I'll give you that, but Walker was a brilliant central defender. 59 England caps testify to his quality in that position.

Hey if you didn't rate Warhurst as a defender that's absolutely fine.  

I absolutely think everyone is right to believe what they want, even if it proves they know absolutely feck all.

• Haha 1

Big Dom is a class act. I know that Bruce flecked us over but have to admit his recruitment was excellent. Iorfa, Borner, Luongo and Harris for around 250k? That's just crazy when compared to Abdi, Jones, Boyd, Van Aken et al. 

Still needs a bit of fine tuning and gets coght out of position a few times. 

On the ground he's OK as like Ashley Cole or Kyle walker he has the pace to make up for it. Aerially he's good in the oppositons box, but does lose his man often the hull goal for example. 

Not a huge problem and something hell learn with age. For me probably needs this season at cb to really establish himself as a quality cb. 

3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Still needs a bit of fine tuning and gets coght out of position a few times. 

On the ground he's OK as like Ashley Cole or Kyle walker he has the pace to make up for it. Aerially he's good in the oppositons box, but does lose his man often the hull goal for example. 

Not a huge problem and something hell learn with age. For me probably needs this season at cb to really establish himself as a quality cb. 

He gets caught out of position because he was having to fill in for the hapless Odubajo 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

He gets caught out of position because he was having to fill in for the hapless Odubajo 

Still has those odd lapses of concentration even when covering for others. 

Odjob for me needs playing as a right midfielder or wingback as I've no confidence in his ability to defend. 

20 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Still has those odd lapses of concentration even when covering for others. 

Odjob for me needs playing as a right midfielder or wingback as I've no confidence in his ability to defend. 

He could be used as a substitute winger, that’s it. I wouldn’t have him near the starting 11 

Odjob tho lol 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 hours ago, beswetherick said:

I always cringe when I read people saying “so and so should be playing for England” but I genuinely think he’s got every chance of being called up eventually if he carries on his current form. As you say, the English centre half options aren’t great — just hope he gets the chance to show the PL how good he is with us. 

Also, we properly had Wolves’ pants down there. 250k!

Totally agree with the last part. It’s usually us who get butt fooked by other teams stealing our players. Nice to do it to someone else for a change!

8 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Big Dom is a class act. I know that Bruce flecked us over but have to admit his recruitment was excellent. Iorfa, Borner, Luongo and Harris for around 250k? That's just crazy when compared to Abdi, Jones, Boyd, Van Aken et al. 

Luongo wasn't free... QPR reckon they got over a million for him, some reports at the time suggested it was a little less than a million. Still, £1m to ~ £1.5 million for the three of them... the sentiment behind what you're saying ends up being the same. Like chalk and cheese