New club statement

34 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Well it was never going to be a case of our owner rolling over was it, we always knew that. Let both sides stubbornness commence. 

Glad the club have shown more balls in not rolling over than some of the meek on here over the past couple of days. 

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Seeing as they'd deduct us up to 21 points if guilty, they should give us that as compo if we win. We are top of the league, say we are top of the league! 

I don't see how they can't give us points, they've impacted on player, fan and staff morale, and therefore performance

Just now, sw1867 said:

If we continue to post the same losses, what’s the plan next year?

Just because we get away with it this time, doesn’t make it right.

The strategy does appear to be changing. A few high earners have gone off the books recently and we got a decent fee for Joao. Better income than recent years and less expenditure.

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I only know about mine. 

Listen, I’ve been reading your posts all day , I don’t know what your agenda is but you clearly have one 

Your more than aware the words insolvency can be interpreted many ways when there’s owners bankrolling football clubs, your just throwing it around in this thread to scaremonger and get people behind your hate for the owner , we get it you don’t like the man , at least put a vague attempt up at seeing both sides of the story and you know .... maybe even dare show a bit of support to the club eh 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Listen, I’ve been reading your posts all day , I don’t know what your agenda is but you clearly have one 

Your more than aware the words insolvency can be interpreted many ways when there’s owners bankrolling football clubs, your just throwing it around in this thread to scaremonger and get people behind your hate for the owner , we get it you don’t like the man , at least put a vague attempt up at seeing both sides of the story and you know .... maybe even dare show a bit of support to the club eh 

Good luck with that, Liverpool are playing tonight, that's where his focus of support will be.

15 minutes ago, OWO said:

Well.done DC, it's about time we fought back.

Yes,  definitely,

I reckon it's going to be some considerable time before this gets resolved one way or the other, in the meantime we just have to wait and keep our fingers crossed that our legal people are better than the EFL's legal people.

Pleased the club are standing their ground on this, feel like EFL have re-acted to pressure from the likes of Gibson. 

By all accounts (excuse the pun) the club were in constant dialogue with the EFL throughout the process and they signed them off. 

Ridiculous that at this stage they decided what we were doing is wrong. 

36 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Guilty of dragging the club into insolvency.

Keep going with this approach, it's almost as if you want what you write to be right.

Just now, Royal_D said:

There you are again with the agenda testicles.

Like I said to you earlier. I have seen both sides on this. I have never said DC is guilty of breaking EFL rules and have cautioned against assuming it.   I sincerely hope he isn't. 

But I am appalled at how badly he's run the club and how people ignore that because he's chucked money at it. Dave Richards was a hero once.  We shouldn't be in the position of using creative accounting to avoid points deductions. 

And I support Wednesday not this chairman, not any owner. I've been supporting Wednesday for nearly 50 years and I was there in the fabled sub 7k crowds in the old Div 3 days. I've paid my dues and don't need lectures ta.

:bullen: