New club statement

Totally expected this type of response from our Chairman. You can go on until the cows come home about how we’ve got ourselves into this mess but no one can deny that the club over the last couple of seasons have tried to work with the EFL over this and they’ve arguably turned around and said we’ll have you anyway? To which we’ve decided to rightly fight back. I think this will end up in showing up the EFL to be the joke outfit most of us believe they are?

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Yes, but posting that he has led us to insolvency is not entirely accurate and some would suggest is borderline scaremongering. 

He's just taking a look at theWelltodoPrestigiousConey-size_restricted.gif.8c410ef3c892dcba7522479153ed3daf.gif books as we speak.

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It reminds me of White Hart lane when about 10 of us were running away and turned a corner and there were about 50 of our lot... everyone turned round and went the other way chasing them.. just needed the Benny hill music..

jeez... that just brought me a flashback.

we'd been to 'ull for a midweek, walked around a corner, and dropped on about 150+ 'ull fans all the way across the road 40 yard off coming our way, so we slipped down an alleyway and disappeared.

when we related the storey next day at work, the six fingered sister admirers from jokewell took the pith. 

so we're at oldham a couple of weeks later, two of us walking down the road (minding our own) when my mate says 'there's a bunch of oldham fans on the opposite side of the road'.

I said 'yeah I know keep an eye on 'em, i'm not gonna look it'll only look suspicious, give us the word if they start to come across'. a couple of seconds later he say's 'they've stopped.......they're coming across'.

so we turned to face them.

there was a dozen or more, and just 2 of us. I said 'you see that big c*** in the middle, get at him whatever we've to take to get there, they all can't hit us at once, and make him have the worst day of his ****ing life'.

so we set off to meet 'em, and they stopped, we carried on and they ran, I thought i'm not gonna start chasing these c***s in case they suddenly get better at maths.

so we watched them for a few seconds and carried on our way, we'd just turned the next corner when there's 250 at 30 yard coming our way, blue and white, owl motif, my heads goin' like a dalek trying to spot something one way or the other.

all I can say is thank the lord for those blue sweaters with the owls badge on that were popular in the early 80's..

I've often wondered IF the dozen oldham fans hadn't run off and we'd have had to erm 'defend ourselves' IF the arrival of 250 cavalry might have swung the balance (that's assuming it wasn't going our way to start with).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sw1867 said:

Investing heavily, agree brilliant and should be applauded for it.

Investing way over our means resulting in us having to sell our only major asset. Not so good.

It’s not “way over our means” though is it? Could we put this to bed once and for all - our owner isn’t broke, we’re not poor, we do have money and we’re not in the verge of going out of business. We have unknown millions available, the problem is we are not allowed to spend any of it without some creative accountancy, hence the “selling” of the major asset. The sale was our chairman pumping more of his money into the club despite some of the crap he gets from some in our fan base.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

im not sure I have ever seen a post from you that isn’t a dig at other posters and fans. 
Each to their own I guess. 

Not sure about his other posts but he's bang on with this.

The positive thing about all this is that it's going to drag on and either way the EFL won't dare give us a points deduction until it's sorted either way. 

Go out and get promoted then effectively have a slagging match with the big bully from the other side of the river where they can't touch us.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Totally expected this type of response from our Chairman. You can go on until the cows come home about how we’ve got ourselves into this mess but no one can deny that the club over the last couple of seasons have tried to work with the EFL over this and they’ve arguably turned around and said we’ll have you anyway? To which we’ve decided to rightly fight back. I think this will end up in showing up the EFL to be the joke outfit most of us believe they are?

Let’s hope so and we have got all bases covered, the timing of the clubs response suggests they were aware this was coming and have taken the appropriate steps to bat it straight back .

I for one are totally behind our chairman and benefactor on this stance and hope he can kick there arses 

some of the comments regarding Mr C on this board have been disgusting.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

disagree but I can do that and without insulting anyone.  

showing concern for a position we shouldn’t be in is far from meak, if we has fans had looked at this sensibly we could have had some say in stopping our chairman putting us in a position where we have to argue with the EFL

i get you love the club, I also get you are very quick to pull anyone or anything down that gives negative slants in the club, but sometimes you need to look without the Wednesday tinted specs.  We are where we are now and right or wrong our owner was never in a million years backing down. 
the simple fact is we shouldn’t be here, and truth be known if you can’t see the possibility of another monumental fizz up after the track record of the past few years then you are sticking your fingers in your ears shouting g lalalalala,ala,a,a,ala,a,lalalalala

i hope we haven't done anything wrong, not for his sake for our fans sake, but am I worried Ofc I flipping am.

most football fans however ( due to blind faith and loyalty would sleepwalk into a raging fire) but that’s life 

Then fans would be slagging DC for not backing the club financially.

• Thanks 1

I think one of the major questions here will be:

If the EFL approved the sale of the stadium in summer 2018 (per The Athletic), why was it not sold until June 2019? With the companies that own the ground created in June 2019 on the date the delayed accounts were filled? 

I think that will need a good answer from DC. 

I know that the Thai culture is about "face" so things have to be done properly and in a certain way. Also means that Chansiri wouldn't say things in the statement if they weren't true. 

People on here who have done business with businesses in that part of the world things are gone over with a fine-tooth comb especially legal matters so I'm guessing this won't be a quick solution and could run and run

8 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

It’s not “way over our means” though is it? Could we put this to bed once and for all - our owner isn’t broke, we’re not poor, we do have money and we’re not in the verge of going out of business. We have unknown millions available, the problem is we are not allowed to spend any of it without some creative accountancy, hence the “selling” of the major asset. The sale was our chairman pumping more of his money into the club despite some of the crap he gets from some in our fan base.

That's the most sensible comment to be posted amongst this eleven pages of drivel. Well done that man.

• Thanks 1