New club statement

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Balance sheet insolvency it's called. And Wednesday can only pay our bills because the owner bails us out. 

Don't like the guy but let's hope he's right re the EFL. We can agree on that.  

Most football clubs are bankrolled by owners

Just now, FreshOwl said:

He’s fighting a lost battle. If you’re in the wrong you admit fault.

All this will do is wind up EFL more and they’ll probably give us a harder punishment 

You are presuming DC is at fault. That hasn't been proven yet.

In court cases some people plead guilty, some don't. Not all of the ones who plead guilty are convicted. I've been involved in a number of court cases as an expert witness where the prosecution have made fundamental errors in the law where the case has fallen through because the actual acts weren't against the law.

People assume that if someone is prosecuted there must be a case to answer. Sometimes there isn't. The accused can admit that he was there, he did what was alleged and the prosecution falls down because the act wasn't illegal.

This could be one of those cases. Who knows. Tax law can be quite complex, you can get cases where 2 accountants can't agree on what can and can't be done.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

My take on this is that DC has got his wires crossed. I suspect he thinks the efl are moaning about him selling the ground and he has proof that they said they'd let him. But that's not what this is about. It's about us selling the ground in one year and pretending it was in the previous year. 

Of course I'd love it if DC was right and was able to win his case, not just on our behalf but also to give the efl a bloody nose. 

But I've felt all along that DC has never really got his head round all this Profit and Sustainability lark. I think this is an extension of his confusion on the matter.

Call me a bedwetter but if I'm right it won't end well.

From reading the statement it would appear that DC has taken advice before releasing it.

How it was worded didn't come from someone whose got his wires crossed, more like someone who has been legally advised on what to say.

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Clearly you know more than me so no need.

And Ive seen my club insolvent before 

Coicidental you throw that accusation into this thread.

I dont think so.

Whatever that means. I sincerely hope Chansiri wins this battle - but it's a battle that only needs to be fought because of how he's run the club.  That doesn't make him a hero to me just because he's sent a strongly worded statement to the EFL.  We shouldn't be in this position of having to justify a £60m accounting transaction to avoid a points deduction. 

7 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

Love the fact he is even asking for compensation! Top shithousing all round.

Gu on DC lad! 

Seeing as they'd deduct us up to 21 points if guilty, they should give us that as compo if we win. We are top of the league, say we are top of the league! 

Edit -  ffs @bradowllol

Edited by alanharper
  • Haha 3

In regards the statement,  it’s definitely well written , Chansiri isn’t acting alone so it be interesting to see who’s working behind the scenes 

I still believe there’s a case to answer, but the EFL are a joke of an organisation who may be at fault just as much and now will need to make 110% certain there case is watertight because if the club do have the documents claimed in that statement , and there’s no reason to believe they don’t then the EFL could be in for a bumpy ride 

36 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

If all the paperwork is in place that the statement mentions along with the fact the accounts have been signed off by auditors and the EFL themselves, it should be straight forward.

Doesn’t excuse DC for being responsible for getting us in a position where we are having to sell our ground to avoid FFP in the first place.

Im not DC bashing here. I genuinely hope he proves the EFL and we win this

Get real. We sold our ground when MM took charge.