New club statement

1 minute ago, darra said:

I know that the Thai culture is about "face" so things have to be done properly and in a certain way. Also means that Chansiri wouldn't say things in the statement if they weren't true. 

People on here who have done business with businesses in that part of the world things are gone over with a fine-tooth comb especially legal matters so I'm guessing this won't be a quick solution and could run and run

We’ll be up before it’s sorted....

0F3A66AA-5139-4158-9DF7-1AFBEB97D89C.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Offside_Owl said:

I think one of the major questions here will be:

If the EFL approved the sale of the stadium in summer 2018 (per The Athletic), why was it not sold until June 2019? With the companies that own the ground created in June 2019 on the date the delayed accounts were filled? 

I think that will need a good answer from DC. 

From my reading of the statement we have evidence that it was approved by the EFL.

10 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Can't publicise it if it's going to an independent panel

Can’t see the relevance of that tbf. They will see it anyway, and publishing it would only serve to illustrate our openness and transparency. 

First of all, fair play to the club for standing up for themselves if what they say is factually correct. 

If on the other hand it is not factually correct, then they may have potentially exacerbated things. 

We all know how strange the EFL's own interpretation of the law is, see charges against Forestieri. Their way or the high way

Edited by Mystic Neg

Just now, Mystic Neg said:

First of all, fair play to the club for standing up for themselves if what they say is factually correct. 

If on the other hand it is not correct and they have potentially exacerbates things. 

We all know what the EFLs own interpretation of the law is, see charges against Forestieri. Their way or the high way

Then it should be challenged in court

4 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

If on the other hand it is not factually correct, then they may have potentially exacerbated things. 

We all know how strange the EFL's own interpretation of the law is, see charges against Forestieri. Their way or the high way

Should have sued the fùckers over Forestieri too.

1 hour ago, sw1867 said:

If all the paperwork is in place that the statement mentions along with the fact the accounts have been signed off by auditors and the EFL themselves, it should be straight forward.

Doesn’t excuse DC for being responsible for getting us in a position where we are having to sell our ground to avoid FFP in the first place.

Im not DC bashing here. I genuinely hope he proves the EFL and we win this

so do I.  or where the heck will we end up? I don't like the efl they defo have it in for us. if the efl signed this off etc etc ,at least now we have been told clearly that the efl agreed and ratified all this . but this aint a court of law , evidence don't seen to count  as forestieri was cleared yet efl gave him a 9 game ban , 3 and then another 6 . this all could get very very messy. im just hoping that at start of next season we are done with all this and we are at least still playing at championship level. 

This game has gone. All this crap, it’s the fans who suffer. 

I hope we win this and the EFL have egg on their faces. They’re ripping the life out of the game by making the conversation nothing to do with what happens on the pitch. FFP is stupid. Don’t get me wrong, I’m disappointed our chairman has let us get into this position but does any of this really matter?

He has money let him spend it. Your stupid FFP rules didn’t stop Bury from dying, so you’ve not got a leg to stand on EFL. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

Can’t see the relevance of that tbf. They will see it anyway, and publishing it would only serve to illustrate our openness and transparency. 

If we publicise it, It could be classed as prejudicing our case. I presume that is why the statement ended saying "the club will make no further comment at this time"

Just now, handworth52 said:

so do I.  or where the heck will we end up? I don't like the efl they defo have it in for us. if the efl signed this off etc etc ,at least now we have been told clearly that the efl agreed and ratified all this . but this aint a court of law , evidence don't seen to count  as forestieri was cleared yet efl gave him a 9 game ban , 3 and then another 6 . this all could get very very messy. im just hoping that at start of next season we are done with all this and we are at least still playing at championship level. 

But the EFL aren't above the law and Chansiri looks like he's prepared to put that to the test.

Well - he hasn't held back, and his advisors have waited three weeks to structure that club response - a very public response!

The words, 'remain ready' are careful, in it's a threat - a sort of 'come and have a go if you think you're hard enough' provoke. 

Not sure any affiliated club have gone this far - there's no way back now. 

57 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

I can't see that Mr C wouldn't have taken legal advise before making this statement. His brief must therefore believe that there is a prime facie case to substantiate the statement.

I think the lawyer wrote that statement not Chansiri.

The lawyer will have gone through it with a fine tooth comb. 

To deny it is one thing but to counter act it and commence legal proceedings against the EFL is something else.

About time someone took this lot on they are an absolute pointless waste of an organisation.