New club statement

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Go get em DC

Reading that, 

If the EFL have fooked up 

Wednesday are well within their rights 

IF being the operative word, and have WE taken advice/ guidelines as gospel ? goodness only knows. Going all the way this one.

Edited by marshy

1 minute ago, sw1867 said:

If all the paperwork is in place that the statement mentions along with the fact the accounts have been signed off by auditors and the EFL themselves, it should be straight forward.

Doesn’t excuse DC for being responsible for getting us in a position where we are having to sell our ground to avoid FFP in the first place.

Im not DC bashing here. I genuinely hope he proves the EFL and we win this

Exactly - and that’s the situation

Yes, he’s made mistakes - but he’s once again invested to get us out of the ‘poo or bust’ strategy we had to rectify it, followed the law with his legal team and had the EFL agree to it - with evidence, and it looks like they’re retracting this and charging us? If that is allegedly true - we can’t blame him. 

I don't understand how the charges are "unlawful". The statement suggests that the EFL has created a legitimate expectation as to what it would do and not only that but that the expectation is "binding". Well, who knows. But even if those statements are right, it doesn't make the charge "unlawful". It might mean that it was an unlawful action to lay the charge (as opposed to a misguided action), but that is not quite the same thing. 

Who knows? Suffice to say, it is not the most forensically drafted statement. 

• Haha 1

I always said this would end up in Court so I'm not surprised by the club's statement the whole system is bent and the EFL will have to accountable as well.

we should absolutely get behind the club and our Chairman

Edited by akbuk

6 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

If all the paperwork is in place that the statement mentions along with the fact the accounts have been signed off by auditors and the EFL themselves, it should be straight forward.

Doesn’t excuse DC for being responsible for getting us in a position where we are having to sell our ground to avoid FFP in the first place.

Im not DC bashing here. I genuinely hope he proves the EFL and we win this

Guilty of investing too much into the club.

Worse crimes