New club statement

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Even though we aren't insolvent.

Careful with what you post please.

In cash flow insolvency, the debtor suffers from a lack of financial liquidity making it impossible to pay debts as they fall due. This is the type of insolvency most individuals experience prior to filing for bankruptcy.  Balance sheet insolvency, on the other hand, involves having negative net assets, where one's liabilities exceed their assets.

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s fighting a lost battle. If you’re in the wrong you admit fault.

All this will do is wind up EFL more and they’ll probably give us a harder punishment 

Bout time someone stood up to the EFL. Who knows how it will end but they are ruining the game so bring it on.

Premier league 2 coming soon,  then what will the EFL do?

2 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

You are missing my point.

I hope there is no case to answer and I trust the statement in he has correspondence to prove we checked that the sale of the ground was within the rules.

My point is, we shouldn’t have been in that situation needing to sell our ground in the first place. 

Why?  If your allowed to do it what's the problem? 

Just now, rickygoo said:

In cash flow insolvency, the debtor suffers from a lack of financial liquidity making it impossible to pay debts as they fall due. This is the type of insolvency most individuals experience prior to filing for bankruptcy.  Balance sheet insolvency, on the other hand, involves having negative net assets, where one's liabilities exceed their assets.

Yes, but posting that he has led us to insolvency is not entirely accurate and some would suggest is borderline scaremongering. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s fighting a lost battle. If you’re in the wrong you admit fault.

All this will do is wind up EFL more and they’ll probably give us a harder punishment 

You dont know that though - none of us do. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

My point stands despite your copy and paste.

We neared insolvency under the old guard but falling foul of FFP regulations is different.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Yes, but posting that he has led us to insolvency is not entirely accurate and some would suggest is borderline scaremongering. 

According to the balance sheet our liabilities exceed our assets. That is one definition of being insolvent is it not? And on whose watch has that happened?

I used to be an insolvency accountant  -a rubbish one to be fair but nevertheless....

lol

• Haha 1