New club statement

1 minute ago, sw1867 said:

The post you quoted didn’t explain my point very well. Read the one a few further down.

He sold out ground to get around FFP. Is that a good thing?

Belonged to him in the first place and still effectively does. Dont see any problem. I wish a company I was involved with owned my house rather than the bank having a share till I pay it off.

My take on this is that DC has got his wires crossed. I suspect he thinks the efl are moaning about him selling the ground and he has proof that they said they'd let him. But that's not what this is about. It's about us selling the ground in one year and pretending it was in the previous year. 

Of course I'd love it if DC was right and was able to win his case, not just on our behalf but also to give the efl a bloody nose. 

But I've felt all along that DC has never really got his head round all this Profit and Sustainability lark. I think this is an extension of his confusion on the matter.

Call me a bedwetter but if I'm right it won't end well.

Interesting statement. This could get really messy could this.

Ive got to say, DC is very stubborn and he likes to fight and dig his heels in. I don’t mind that in a chairman. Moreover, If he’s right, fair play!

Although it doesn’t excuse his amateurish running of the club on various matters especially after the Wembley defeat. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

Selling the ground isn't a good thing. Getting away with it without punishment would be a result though. 

It's not like we've sold it to any old chancer.

We've sold it to our chancer.

We'll buy it back off him for same price if we go back up.

He won't be selling up for a long time either so I wouldn't worry about it.

Only thing that would be worrying IMO is it is easier for him to now sell it and move us to a new ground, as we now don't need to sell the old one to finance the new one.

2 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

My take on this is that DC has got his wires crossed. I suspect he thinks the efl are moaning about him selling the ground and he has proof that they said they'd let him. But that's not what this is about. It's about us selling the ground in one year and pretending it was in the previous year. 

Of course I'd love it if DC was right and was able to win his case, not just on our behalf but also to give the efl a bloody nose. 

But I've felt all along that DC has never really got his head round all this Profit and Sustainability lark. I think this is an extension of his confusion on the matter.

Who's to say EFL didn't say it was wrong in first place?

Just now, Harrysgame said:

Not as if we can't or won't pay the bills is it.

Balance sheet insolvency it's called. And Wednesday can only pay our bills because the owner bails us out. 

Don't like the guy but let's hope he's right re the EFL. We can agree on that.  

4 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 6