New club statement

1 hour ago, thewookieisdown said:

I don't understand how the charges are "unlawful". The statement suggests that the EFL has created a legitimate expectation as to what it would do and not only that but that the expectation is "binding". Well, who knows. But even if those statements are right, it doesn't make the charge "unlawful". It might mean that it was an unlawful action to lay the charge (as opposed to a misguided action), but that is not quite the same thing. 

Who knows? Suffice to say, it is not the most forensically drafted statement. 

It literally explains step by step who it is unlawful.

Its a forensically drafted statement by our lawyers

I can only think you’ve read the wrong statement

27 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Good point, accept that.

Have these measures made enough of a reduction? (I don’t know the answer, genuine question).

Probably not yet but if we continue in the same way at least it is moves in the right direction. We can't undo what has already happened so just got to do what we can now. 

5 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

At some stage the EFL were going to come up against someone who has the resources to fight back...bullying smaller clubs without a pot to pee in is one thing but awakening a dragon with smoking fish breath is different story....

We have all woken up next to a few of those in the past. :duntmatter:

• Haha 2

The other thing bubbling away in the background to all this is that a number of Championship clubs are really unhappy with the EFL over the last TV deal and have already sounded out people about a potential breakaway.

There will be plenty of clubs facing a similar issue over the next year or so who might just think, you know what, screw this lets go.  

This could be the straw that breaks the EFL's back!

• Haha 1

Just not bothered...

1 hour ago, sw1867 said:

You are missing my point.

I hope there is no case to answer and I trust the statement in he has correspondence to prove we checked that the sale of the ground was within the rules.

My point is, we shouldn’t have been in that situation needing to sell our ground in the first place. 

We shouldn't but we are and rather than running from this, Chansiri has committed more of his money to us and is insistent he's done it in the right way. He's now come out fighting on behalf of the club and himself. We should be backing him, not automatically thinking he's in the wrong.