New club statement

If they've got emails, evidence, whatever that they have they must be confident of success from doing this & seeking compo. Hope we do them proper. EFL hate us & our grounds name because of the disaster & don't want our name in the Prem. So hope we do em. 

Personally, I think DC has been naive and he’s made some very bad decisions especially after the Wembley defeat. However, do I think he wants Wednesdays best interests at heart? Absolutely! Do I think as a fanbase, we should all get behind him? Again, absolutely! 

As a fanbase and a club, we should all stick together. Siege mentality!!

Edited by Bouncing Owl
  • Like 2

Just now, mattitheowl said:

I don't understand where that fits in with the sanctions available other than "whatever we so choose".

That is the worry. Personally I think the EFL will make an example of us, even more so now we are so strongly challenging this. Just hope we do have the proof because of not they will flippinghammer us. 

34 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I’m so fired up by this statement.

Does anyone fancy a fight just to pass some time until the EFL respond?

It reminds me of White Hart lane when about 10 of us were running away and turned a corner and there were about 50 of our lot... everyone turned round and went the other way chasing them.. just needed the Benny hill music..

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, S1Owl said:

If they've got emails, evidence, whatever that they have they must be confident of success from doing this & seeking compo. Hope we do them proper. EFL hate us & our grounds name because of the disaster & don't want our name in the Prem. So hope we do em. 

for some time now, I've felt what you have posted as carrying some weight of truth.

• Like 1

The confidence of some people that the EFL wouldn’t be doing anything incorrectly is as bad if not worse than the people who think the club haven’t done anything wrong 

2 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

I can't see that Mr C wouldn't have taken legal advise before making this statement. His brief must therefore believe that there is a prime facie case to substantiate the statement.

perhaps he thinks sod it ive got nothing to lose? I just can’t see how a club will come out on top against the EFL. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would it surprise anyone if we do indeed have permission to sell the ground etc but we never had permission to put it in The years accounts we did?

The EFL still signed them accounts off pal, and by sounds of the statement knew full well what the club was proposing , or maybe they didn’t but Chansiri has played them hook line and sinker and got a written agreement that’s going to make the EFL look silly in court , which is where this is 100% heading 

It’s a mess 

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

According to its balance sheet this club's liabilities exceed its assets.

lol

And it can only trade as a going concern with the support of its owner.

Find me a club that can trade without there owner 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

perhaps he thinks sod it ive got nothing to lose? I just can’t see how a club will come out on top against the EFL. 

Alan Nixon just said it was a matter of time before a club took them on , I see your concern , but I think there’s a chance the EFL could be in trouble here