Bannan 8 MOM..kept us ticking over

Harris 7..better when he moved flanks

FF..6 shocking miss, but looked lively

Fletch 7...great brace

Adthe...6...well taken goal

Murphy 6...looked lively at times

Reach 6..great cross

Loungo N/a...didn't really have chance

Bannan and Iorfa were head and shoulders above the rest again for me. With this being Bannan’s all round best game of the season. 

The rest were solid enough but still making terrible final decisions as we should have been out of sight well before the end 

Honestly not having a go, just interested but did you go today or watch on the telly? (Only picking you out as you’ll give a decent response)

As at the game I thought Fox was really poor. His passing was shocking, he looked slower than normal, gave away a couple of needless fouls and offered nothing going forward. The right back wasn’t great by any means but at least looked slightly athletic 

Just wondering if the commentary swayed any views or I’ve missed something 

Just now, torres said:

Bannan and Iorfa were head and shoulders above the rest again for me. With this being Bannan’s all round best game of the season. 

The rest were solid enough but still making terrible final decisions as we should have been out of sight well before the end 

Honestly not having a go, just interested but did you go today or watch on the telly? (Only picking you out as you’ll give a decent response)

As at the game I thought Fox was really poor. His passing was shocking, he looked slower than normal, gave away a couple of needless fouls and offered nothing going forward. The right back wasn’t great by any means but at least looked slightly athletic 

watched on TV mate...only get to a few away games now....due to finances...I buy the lads season ticket every year as he couldn't afford it otherwise, he's got 2 kids, and I don't mind doing it, cos it wouldn't be the same without him being miserable as well lol.

I rarely comment on a game I haven't seen

Fox?....I think he has come on, but home and the odd away game ive seen...He seems to lack a little bit of awareness going forward....You see Bannan waving him forward, and he doesn't go...I dunno what thats about...when he does go..Bannan usually expects the cut back..so he can cross...doesn't always happen.

I would still play Reach left back.....

Just now, asteener1867 said:

watched on TV mate...only get to a few away games now....due to finances...I buy the lads season ticket every year as he couldn't afford it otherwise, he's got 2 kids, and I don't mind doing it, cos it wouldn't be the same without him being miserable as well lol.

I rarely comment on a game I haven't seen

Fox?....I think he has come on, but home and the odd away game ive seen...He seems to lack a little bit of awareness going forward....You see Bannan waving him forward, and he doesn't go...I dunno what thats about...when he does go..Bannan usually expects the cut back..so he can cross...doesn't always happen.

I would still play Reach left back.....

Totally agree. 

I think Fox has come on but, he’s gone from a 2 out of 10 to a 4 or 5 at the most. 

Out right defending he is the best of our full backs, willing to put his body on the line and slightly more aware of the actual defensive role, yet as we know the modern full back needs more and his total lack of pace, agility and lack of any real offensive qualities makes him what he is. 

As I said, he looked extra poor today at the game. They booed him to start and he was that bad they gave up pretty sharpish!!

Still believe this position will be Monks priority (if allowed) in January 

1 minute ago, torres said:

Totally agree. 

I think Fox has come on but, he’s gone from a 2 out of 10 to a 4 or 5 at the most. 

Out right defending he is the best of our full backs, willing to put his body on the line and slightly more aware of the actual defensive role, yet as we know the modern full back needs more and his total lack of pace, agility and lack of any real offensive qualities makes him what he is. 

As I said, he looked extra poor today at the game. They booed him to start and he was that bad they gave up pretty sharpish!!

Still believe this position will be Monks priority (if allowed) in January 

Then you use Fox accordingly, dependant on who we are playing......

You got Fox who can defend, but is lacking in attack, and you got Reach who is the opposite...You can't use both, cos you want either Harris or FF up front...

Ive never seen Fox put a cross in..like that one Reach put in today..not only the execution, but the timing of the run onto the pass...Fox hasn't got that skill...

Palmer at left back behind either Reach or FF I would suggest

Some good performances, but some players looked uncomfortable against players that aren't good enough for this level.  Their left back killed Moses a few times, and that's a kid who was on loan at Bromley just a couple of months ago.  And their midfielderer who was only recalled from Ebbsfleet last week caused some problems, there was a massive gulf in class here and we should have won much more comfortably. 

Dawson 6.5 ...Very little to do but did what he needed to

Moses...5.5...very poor defending for their goal and also caught out other times by a kid left back making his Championship debut 

Lees 7....solid enough

Iorfa 7.5...controlled the defence and gives us vital pace

Fox 6.5....like Moses, got beat too many times, but covered round well when both centre halves were taken out and held up his man and stopped him turning to shoot

Hutch...6.5...too old to learn now and as good a player he is he can be a liability.  Had no chance of not giving a foul and card away when he dived in on the edge of the area.

Bannan 8 MOM..good in possession as usual, but also won the ball back several times.  Think he is better without the added responsibility of being captain

Harris 6.5..clearly can't play on the right, but was a lot more effective when switched

FF..6...some good touches, but if Nuhiu had missed that chance people would be giving him 0 or 1 out of 10

Fletch 7.5...lethal if we put it on his head, and we need to get the ball in earlier more often

Nuhiu...6.5...worked hard and clearly troubled their defenders.  Would like him to get closer to Fletcher though, dropping too deep too often

Murphy 6.5...better than I have seen him in previous games and did well for the penalty

Reach 7..looked much better and more like the old Reach, great skill and cross for the goal

Loungo N/a...hardly noticed him

• Thanks 1

Gone for Bannan, but some just don't get it, Fletcher played well today because Nuhui played as his foil.4 quality crosses today, two headed in by Nuhui, one offside, one headed in by Fletcher, sitter missed by Fessi who played well. More consistent quality crosses and final deliveries and more goals from Dave and Fletch even though they're not the quickest. 

I thought Bannan started a bit too deep early on and it took him a while to get into game but still our best player on day.

Overall a decent performance, a few moans from me are Forestieri with that awful miss, Moses defending for goal and I thought Harris on a few occasions had chances to put ball in but wanted to take his man on again when no need too. 

1 hour ago, torres said:

Yes I agree with your views on Fox about giving the ball away. However thought he is looking more solid lately and sometimes puts a decent ball in the box as well. 

2 hours ago, trotter said:

FF..6  that miss!  lively in patches but for whatever reason seems incapable of completing 90 mins

He can't complete 90 minutes unless he starts though, and the only other time he started this season he did actually complete 90 minutes.