• Harris
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Nuhiu
    • Forestieri
    • Luongo
    • Murphy

1 hour ago, torres said:

As at the game I thought Fox was really poor. His passing was shocking, he looked slower than normal, gave away a couple of needless fouls and offered nothing going forward. The right back wasn’t great by any means but at least looked slightly athletic

Fox has been very good this season but I also thought he was very poor today.

I can only think the Charlton fans booing his every touch got him rattled.

To be fair..a left or right back is going to give the ball away occasionally..At times they are back to goal and if the keeper isn't available , they have to play it up the line..its suicidal to play it blind into the middle...So your options are limited.

Fair enough if you are facing up the pitch, but sometimes even then its unwise to play it to the middle....ergo...Palmer, Fox etc will probably give the ball away more than most...

(Thats an extract from my............ "Just HOOF!! the f.ooker".....................Sheffield Nomads Sunday league football manual)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Bannan by a country mile 

our two fullbacks were abysmal 

Dom and Lees were solid 

Hutch put himself about as usual 

FF was busy but that miss ?

Harris average first half , improved after halftime 

Fletch good all round 

Dave Meh

Murphy I thought did well when he came on so did Luongo 

Reach great cross for the goal but little else 

Get that Doughty in exchange for Fox 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Agreed but still wee wee poor

Really don't think he was that bad. Wasn't a pleasing on the eye performance.  But he got blocks in. Won headers. Shepherded and tackled. 

Not so much going forward and a bit leggy toward the end

As Ron used to say. I thought "he did the ugly things well".

26 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Don't think Fox was anywhere near as concerning as Odubajo. 

Both are not great to say the least. Fox just looks so wooden to me. Like a centre back playing wide. 

Palmer still our stand out best full back by some way and that’s the real concern 

Dawson   -   7   Little to do but did it well

Odubajo   -   5   Got skinned for goal and picked the wrong option too often going forward

Iorfa   -   7.5   Continues his good form

Lees   -   7   One awful back pass, pretty decent otherwise

Fox   -   5   Sorry Snoots I saw it completely different, awful first half, gave the ball away every time he had it, improved slightly second half

Forestieri   -   6.5   Shocking miss which was a shame because he was looking quite lively before getting injured

Hutchinson   -   7   Good solid game

Bannan   -   8   Back to his old self

Harris   -   7   Patchy first half, much better second when he switched flanks

Nuhiu   -   6.5   Worked hard and deserved his goal.  Wish he wouldn't give so many needless fouls away....why does someone as tall as him need to bump and barge for high balls anyway?

Fletcher    -    7.5    Much better than wed night, good all round performance

Murphy    -    7    That's a bit more like it

Luongo   -   6.5   Did OK

Reach   -   6.5   Nice assist

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Really don't think he was that bad. Wasn't a pleasing on the eye performance.  But he got blocks in. Won headers. Shepherded and tackled. 

Not so much going forward and a bit leggy toward the end

As Ron used to say. I thought "he did the ugly things well".

Each to his own , Fox has improved recently but today he was back to bang average, Monk will replace him if at all possible.

His upturn in form is due to Monk basically keeping himself as a orthodox left back . He is very limited 

10 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Each to his own , Fox has improved recently but today he was back to bang average, Monk will replace him if at all possible.

His upturn in form is due to Monk basically keeping himself as a orthodox left back . He is very limited 

Oh I agree , he'll never be a top drawer full back. 

I just appreciate he's a defender more than he's a footballer. 

If you know what I mean.

4 hours ago, Ash77 said:

Dawson 6

Moses 5 recovered but non league defending for their goal, need a rb
iorfa 7 loses a point from usual 8 as their strikers v poor!
Lees 6 maybe could have done more to block their goal
fox 6 ok vs weak opps but need a lb

Harris 6 great cross for when ff missed sitter but struggled against decent fb's
Hutch 6 standard booking/sub off, can struggle for legs in a 2
Bannan 8* assist, calm composed, nearly scored, played through pain barrier, top man
Ff 6 fine margins, bit over eager, could have been mom if scored but missed easy chance after good instinct and then injured yet again, so frustrating

Fletch 8 great header, solid pen, would have dropped him after brum but glad to be wrong
Nuhiu 6 thought he was poor and dont like 2 slow strikers, but 1 mark extra for not missing reach's class centre, might mean 2 slow strikers again tho!

Reach 7 great assist from his best position, looks far more natural on left, would start there next, harris right

Murphy 6 won pen but offered little else, would try as no10 behind fletch next as he cant cross but we need pace upfront, especially vs decent sides!

Apparently we've only won vs bottom 7 sides and with all their injuries charlton were a bottom side so not getting carried away, but did well to carry on after moses' howler, would go 4231 next

luongo bannan 

harris  Murphy  reach

Fletch

Nuhui was shocking for me..fair enough he scored late on but 1 goal in 11 come on,did nowt all the game ...i know he is a pet off some on here who knock FF BUT THOUGHT ff was brill until he went off..fair enough he missed that chance but he was box to box....we need him aside Fletch..the way forward...

Was pleased when I saw the line up, my only concern was the 2 central midfield players wouldn't get overrun. It didn't happen as both FF in the first half and Nuhiu throughout the game linked the midfield and attack.

I realise Charlton were no great shakes but for me that was the best performance so far this season, we totally bossed this game and it would have been a travesty if we had not won.

Dawson. 7. Looked confident and tried to get us attacking more quickly. No chance with the defected goal.

Fox.       6   Thought it was his worst performance for a long while. He was edgy and his delivery was poor by his standards.

Lees.     6.   Was steady and tried nothing fancy, nearly slipped up with the back pass.

Iorfa.      7.  Dominant and I love the way he drives us forward.

Odabaju 5. Got too tight when skinned for the goal, but I prefer him to Palmer as he gives us more going forward.

FF.         6.  Would have been a 7 but for the shocking miss. Thought he linked midfield and attack and worked really hard.

Hutchinson 6. Was walking a tightrope at the end, but good to see him getting further forward. Notice he has been doing this more since Monk came in.

Bannan. 8. Played really well and drove us forward better passing than of late with less Hollywood passes to Fletcher

Harris.   6. I bet he couldn't believe the space he had today but not at his best, great cross for the FF miss

Nuhiu.   6.5. Linked midfield and attack and got a goal. Although don't think he was at his best.

Fletcher. 8.5. MOM Showed that he is our best striker and is wasted when playing the lone striker with the ball fired at his head with his back to goal. When Nuhiu is one the pitch this gives him time and space to show what a good footballer he is.

Subs

Murphy. 6.5 Would have preferred Luongo as I thought another body in the box would help. But he played well and won the penalty.

Luongo 6. Puts himself about,  I like him.

Reach.  7 was only on for a short period, was just what we needed with his energy and laid it on a plate for Nuhiu at the end 

Fans. 10 Superb turnout, my mate set off at 5 am to get there.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, torres said:

Totally agree. 

I think Fox has come on but, he’s gone from a 2 out of 10 to a 4 or 5 at the most. 

Out right defending he is the best of our full backs, willing to put his body on the line and slightly more aware of the actual defensive role, yet as we know the modern full back needs more and his total lack of pace, agility and lack of any real offensive qualities makes him what he is. 

As I said, he looked extra poor today at the game. They booed him to start and he was that bad they gave up pretty sharpish!!

Still believe this position will be Monks priority (if allowed) in January 

Fox wasn't at his best today but he's probably the best crosser of the ball at the club which I would say is a decent offensive weapon 

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Don't think Fox was anywhere near as concerning as Odubajo. 

He scares me every time he is near the ball. Even late on there was a point where he should have just cleared it - he took an extra touch and then passed it along the floor straight to a Charlton player. 
Still think Iorfa would be great at RB with Lees and Borner in the centre