EFL Statement

2 hours ago, Animis said:

I wonder why we just didn't post the accounts on time, showed the loses which breached P&S and took the points deduction last season.

We could have then sold the ground in 2018 for the next accounts and started afresh, with a new 3-year plan.

DC has played Icarus on this and risked whatever strategy he had.

Perhaps DC thought he had done enough to appease the EFL?

Gibson then complains about the ground sale and the EFL reopen the matter and decide to look a little more forensically?

1 minute ago, TommyCraig said:

I just hope it's dealt with swiftly. It would not be fair of the EFL to drag this on for months. We'll probably go on a really decent run then have all those points taken from us. Consider the supporters in this EFL. The ones who keep you in a job.

Do they EFL do fair ? Wasn’t really fair of them to stand and watch Bury go bankrupt was it 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Do they EFL do fair ? Wasn’t really fair of them to stand and watch Bury go bankrupt was it 

Indeed it wasn't. Not a governing body that anyone seems to have much faith in are they. The clubs should put put rivalries aside and stand together and make them bloody change. 

Edited by TommyCraig

6 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

I just hope it's dealt with swiftly. It would not be fair of the EFL to drag this on for months. We'll probably go on a really decent run then have all those points taken from us. Consider the supporters in this EFL. The ones who keep you in a job.

It took them 7 months to instigate the final punishment on Birmingham,they were charged in August 2018,punishment given March 2019.

Bolton started the season on -12 , clawed it back to -2 still in all probability getting relegated this season and the EFL are looking at FURTHER points deductions ! more than likely will defer them until next season to write that off for them aswell 

EFL ‘protecting’ clubs eh 

20 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It’s not really a fair or not thing. Otherwise it’s like a nanny state 

These clubs need to take responsibility for their actions 

5 minutes ago, A12owl said:

"Fair"   That word doesn't exist in the EFL world. They won't consider supporters.  It's not their job . 

They will look for maximum effect to deter any other club doing what DC (allegedly) has done.

And also to please Mr Gibson.

And DC has??

2 minutes ago, torres said:

It’s not really a fair or not thing. Otherwise it’s like a nanny state 

These clubs need to take responsibility for their actions 

Of course it's a fair thing. Not only do we have a two tiered system with the PL under different rules, we also have two tiers within the champ with parachute payments. Being only able to make a loss of 39 mil  to reach the vast riches of the PL when an owner can clearly back up such losses is actually being a nanny state especially when there is no wage cap to go hand in hand with said restrictions.

Why not dish the punishment straight off and let us challenge that, as they seem to do in most cases?

The EFL is a joke of an organisation with muddy rules and muddy rulings.

It's about time it changed.

34 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Which is why Parry will be more active in going for clubs and individuals that break the rules. If we have - and it’s easy forget it’s an if - then it’s simply the EFL enforcing their rulebook. 

Just now, Harrysgame said:

No, but too many seem to want to always think the worst of DC. Talk about negativity, nothing has happened yet. 

Its not negativity mate...Its simple fact.

I don't hate DC, Like i said before I hope he sticks it out...Even if its for the simple reason that if he doesn't we are in the crap.

Why are we in the crap?

Supporters fault?..or

Dc 's fault...?

Simple question.

The answers stark, he's messed up, if he hadn't the EFL and such as Gibson wouldn't be all over us like a rash.

Its not a question of I told you so...

Its a simple stark reality

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Bolton started the season on -12 , clawed it back to -2 still in all probability getting relegated this season and the EFL are looking at FURTHER points deductions ! more than likely will defer them until next season to write that off for them aswell 

The Football League Board meets monthly and consists of two independent directors, three directors representing the Championship, two representing League One, and one representing League Two.

The clubs have a big say in what happens. 

6 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Of course it's a fair thing. Not only do we have a two tiered system with the PL under different rules, we also have two tiers within the champ with parachute payments. Being only able to make a loss of 39 mil  to reach the vast riches of the PL when an owner can clearly back up such losses is actually being a nanny state especially when there is no wage cap to go hand in hand with said restrictions.

Why not dish the punishment straight off and let us challenge that, as they seem to do in most cases?

The EFL is a joke of an organisation with muddy rules and muddy rulings.

It's about time it changed.

Not forgetting those relegated clubs that recieve the failure payments can also lose more per year I believe. Its shocking. We have an owner who wants to pay but can't. We have overspent on an arbitrary figure that was put in place and hasn't increased in line with transfer fees, wages and parachute payments. 

I'd love it if we did a bit of a bosman and changed the landscape by fighting the charges properly. 

35 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Pay your bills and play your matches then!

• Like 1