EFL Statement

15 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

You can spend though. We did spend. A lot. £8M+ Rhodes, £7M Reach, £4M Abdi, £3M Hooper, £3M Forestieri, £2.8M Joao,£2.5M Van Aken, £2.5M Matias, £2M Pudil, £2M Jones etc. Some of those have obviously been good signings. 

However where we differ from other clubs is that we made literally nothing in player sales until we sold Joao. Clubs like Bristol have made £60M in the last handful of seasons. Derby, Norwich, Leeds, Villa etc all made a lot from selling players. 

I don't think a lot of our fans realise we are not in this situation because the EFL hate us. Its our own doing. How much evidence do people need to see this?

The average wage at Wednesday tripled in Chansiri’s first 3 seasons. And virtually no player sales to cover it.

14C4F657-7AB6-4D45-B1EA-8FC081FB8D8A.png

D7DFDF75-BD5C-4328-994A-9742AB5D5DB5.png

CB404867-7354-47B9-BB0C-5C6561A6A431.png

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

My worry reading this thread is that many fans feel the FFP rules are wrong (fair enough) and so don’t seem to care that we’ve perhaps broken them. 

Rules are rules, whether you like them or not. If it’s proven DC has treat the EFL with contempt and purposely tried to hide the fact he’s broken those rules, he deserves everything coming his way. 

Alas many of our fans will ignore those facts and continue to blame the EFL and their new Liverpool supporting Chairman or whatever he is..........

I think FFP/P&S is unfair. I get why they do it, but it’s poorly implemented and doesn’t address the route cause (I.e the obscene wages and transfer fees) it doesn’t address the huge gap between EFL and the PL. 

I don’t think it’s doing anything other than punish clubs, like Wednesday, who have an ambitious owner who’s seemingly willing to stick around and fund the losses. I find it bizarre that the very rule that’s is supposedly protecting clubs is the one that has punishments that could ultimately ruin them as well. 

I wouldn’t say I’m not bothered we’ve broken the rules, of course I am.  But I’m mindful that we’ve played ball for 20 years, no one helped us when we were in dire need. Clubs that we’ve tried to compete with over the years have applied their own creative accounting and morally questionable tactics. Leicester went into admin some years ago, to clear the slate.  and got up spending money via some questionable marketing firm. Palace relegated us back to L1 with a player scoring the equaliser who they couldn’t afford.  

So yeah I’m bothered we’ve broken rules.  But I feel a little aggrieved by football in general. It’s grossly unfair

17 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Didn't he say he wasn't in it for the money. He could cut his losses and run.

I blame Chansiri jnr for not checking it out on Football Manager.

He's been rubbish since he signed Rhodes. I recon reckon he's still playing Football  Manager 2017.

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Are the auditors liable if seen to have not done their job properly MK?

Interesting one as it is an obligation under the Companies Act so in theory there is a potential offence there.

More relevant is that it is more a professional regulation issue and like we have seen with Carillion held liable for losses for audit failures

The regulation is quite onerous and the sanction for the individual auditor can be a fine, reprimand, removal as an auditor or indeed expulsion.

The firm similarly can face the same sanctions.

The loss claim would come from the shareholders / members because that is to whom the audit report is addressed. It actually excludes an obligation to 3rd parties such as the EFL in the report.

Like I have said there is monitoring of audit firms. For me this was my professional body the ICAEW. So they work on the basis of visits every few years but also will act on information passed to them or coming to their attention. 

Let's be clear a football club being disciplined for incorrect accounts is going to come across their desk

You only have to look at our advertising boards around the ground...we’ve gone from having a large selection of companies from the local private sector that a commercial team have negotiated to D taxi and a Elev8 Sport drink and that’s it. 

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Thanks @mkowl that's really great news . WTF:

That could mean we have a club with goodness knows what punishment and without a rudder to steer the sinking ship .

Mind you second part might be our saving grace. 

Looking forward to seeing Chansiri on Judge Rinder. 

Companies House police this, so it is usually a fine for late filing that sort of thing. Only ever had one case where they threatened and then commenced prosecution proceedings against a director. It certainly shook my complacency.

You do hear about directors being banned for x number of years 

But going to prison is rare I don't think I have ever read about it. 

The main sanction - the Secretary of State can require correct accounts to be filed or by Court Order. You do see that 

You do have the option to file amended accounts as well. Can't recall the scenario but I have done that

8 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Do you think everything in the garden is rosie?

That question has been asked numerous times since the EFL charge,now,no one in the past couple of days has said it is,but there are those like me who will absolutely without second thought defend mr chairman from some of the absolute gash that has been posted about the situation swfc finds itself in,like it,lump it,makes no odds,(not aimed at you specifically by the way )whats funny is,ever since this charge came to light,we've in two days gone from a 9 or 10 points deduction,to a 21 to 25 point deduction,being thrown out of the league,administration,new clubs being formed in the eleventieth tier of football,its bullshyte.

Edited by BARMYARMY2010
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

My worry reading this thread is that many fans feel the FFP rules are wrong (fair enough) and so don’t seem to care that we’ve perhaps broken them. 

Rules are rules, whether you like them or not. If it’s proven DC has treat the EFL with contempt and purposely tried to hide the fact he’s broken those rules, he deserves everything coming his way. 

Alas many of our fans will ignore those facts and continue to blame the EFL and their new Liverpool supporting Chairman or whatever he is..........

Completely get what your saying and you are of course right.

However as a club we have really had it rough, relegated from the prem before you got loads of money for doing so, then the collapse of the ITV digital deal leaving us saddled with contracts we couldn't afford, didnt go into admin like so many others and tried to pay our way which left us rotting in league 1 twice, we finally get an owner willing to spend like so many other clubs have done but the rules have been changed and we are not allowed to spend like other teams who got a rich owner. You can see why our fans are feeling disgruntled.

However that doesnt in anyway make anything we have done which is against the rules ok, it's just a massive frustration which is made worse watching teams like wolves break the rules but become untouchable because they are in the Prem. The fact the EFL and Prem are two separate entities and the parachute payments make the current FFP rules totally unworkable.

Edited by Carl Shutt is God

Just now, Stoop said:

Of course not, but I’ve just read a post where someone’s questioning whether we’ll have a club to support

tbh anyone thinking this situation is anything but potentially catastrophic must be on tranquilisers

however I don't see this as worse than  the pre Manderic rescue

there will always be a club whatever happens 

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Must admit thats a bit extreme.  

My take. For what it’s worth

Chansiri has tried every trick in the book to try and get his money into the club. He’s gambled massively and it’s not worked. The rest is just hindsight

Take the hit and hopefully move onto better things under Monk next year and beyond 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rogers said:

You only have to look at our advertising boards around the ground...we’ve gone from having a large selection of companies from the local private sector that a commercial team have negotiated to D taxi and a Elev8 Sport drink and that’s it. 

many sponsors about that will put in the same money that Chansiri does ??

3 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

That question has been asked numerous times since the EFL charge,now,no one in the past couple of days has said it is,but there are those like me who will absolutely without second thought defend mr chairman from some of the absolute gash that has been posted about the situation swfc finds itself in,like it,lump it,makes no odds,(not aimed at you specifically by the way )whats funny is,ever since this charge came to light,we've in two days gone from a 9 or 10 points deduction,to a 21 to 25 point deduction,being thrown out of the league,administration,new clubs being formed in the eleventieth tier of football,its bullshyte.

Which is why it’s relevant whether we get hit with two sets of penalties. If the misconduct charge is proven then presumably that means we should have been subject to FFP sanctions as well. That way we are looking at a double whammy of charges - as with Luton - and anything north of 18 points.