EFL Statement

Just now, A12owl said:

Thats a bit puzzling @mkowl. Are you saying a company can submit a set of accounts and if the relevant body reject them it can submit an "amended" set?

Unbelievable Jeff.

Sorry if your names not Jeff.

Yes they can be asked to file amended accounts if an investigation or information suggests they were wrong. The Financial Reporting Council can do this under delegated powers. 

A company can voluntarily send in amended accounts if it transpires they were wrong.

3 minutes ago, Stoop said:

My take. For what it’s worth

Chansiri has tried every trick in the book to try and get his money into the club. He’s gambled massively and it’s not worked. The rest is just hindsight

Take the hit and hopefully move onto better things under Monk next year and beyond 

That's great if the Chairman has learnt. I don't trust us to rebuild properly though. 

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Which is why it’s relevant whether we get hit with two sets of penalties. If the misconduct charge is proven then presumably that means we should have been subject to FFP sanctions as well. That way we are looking at a double whammy of charges - as with Luton - and anything north of 18 points. 

Looking back on yesterdays postings,i should have understood the point a little better in regards to your Luton thing.

But,and it may only be me,i can't abide some of the reckless,underhanded,absolute f--kwittery thats been posted this last 2 days.

Don't know whats more annoying,reading and posting to shybo,or seeing a notification that someone has either quoted it or in that f-cker farrell's case,some crappy smiley.

Edited by BARMYARMY2010
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

That's great if the Chairman has learnt. I don't trust us to rebuild properly though. 

I think he has. His last 2 managerial appointments have been infinitely better than his first 2 for a start. Also it’s impossible not to look across the city and see what can be achieved on a modest budget 

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

many sponsors about that will put in the same money that Chansiri does ??

That doesn’t absolve him if he’s made catastrophic mistakes - in fact it’s an example of how badly the business side of the club seems to have been run. 

15 minutes ago, steelowl said:

tbh anyone thinking this situation is anything but potentially catastrophic must be on tranquilisers

however I don't see this as worse than  the pre Manderic rescue

there will always be a club whatever happens 

Let’s be honest, the EFL aren’t going to throw us out of the league. So how would a 12 point deduction and a transfer embargo be catastrophic. Bad, as in it’ll kill our season, yes. catastrophic, no

For all the money he’s spent and the wages we’ve paid, the odds have never actually been in our favour of getting promoted.

If you look at this season as an example, Leeds are currently 2/7 for promotion and West Brom are 1/2. Leeds may choke again but according to the bookies there’s a 78% chance they’ll be promoted and a 67% chance West Brom will be promoted.

The bookmakers have never had us odds on for promotion at any point in the last 5 years.

38 minutes ago, Rogers said:

You only have to look at our advertising boards around the ground...we’ve gone from having a large selection of companies from the local private sector that a commercial team have negotiated to D taxi and a Elev8 Sport drink and that’s it. 

Noticed we seem to have many more adverts for actual things and companies this season. Not very lucrative ones by the looks of them but seemingly real, at least. Wonder if EFL had a word in that. Guess future accounts might shed some light in time.

Just now, Sonny said:

Noticed we seem to have many more adverts for actual things and companies this season. Not very lucrative ones by the looks of them but seemingly real, at least. Wonder if EFL had a word in that. Guess future accounts might shed some light in time.

Most clubs want to draw in top companies to market their goods and services in the stadium, we are just happy if it's a real business. lol

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I suppose the question would be....deliberately wrong or accidently on purpose wrong?

Surely your resubmits were just accidentally wrong .

You do not need to answer. You can take the 5th amendment.

I genuinely can't remember why now, but yep definitely an oversight no malfeasance. Honest guv.

But it happens

A 60m sale of an asset inappropriately backdated (if that is the case) is a tad significant saying that 

You will note from my posts I am not commenting per se on this. Simple reason I don't have the evidence and no way would I pass judgement on my fellow professionals without that knowledge. I know the fall out if you did not exercise due care and simply can't believe anyone in my profession would just tick this off without bucket loads of supporting evidence. That does re-assure me.

12 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

That doesn’t absolve him if he’s made catastrophic mistakes - in fact it’s an example of how badly the business side of the club seems to have been run. 

Eh ?  He sponsors the ground/shirt etc so he can put money into club , he can put in more than any other potential sponsor would 

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

D Taxis is back though. Anyone nearer? 

32 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Completely get what your saying and you are of course right.

However as a club we have really had it rough, relegated from the prem before you got loads of money for doing so, then the collapse of the ITV digital deal leaving us saddled with contracts we couldn't afford, didnt go into admin like so many others and tried to pay our way which left us rotting in league 1 twice, we finally get an owner willing to spend like so many other clubs have done but the rules have been changed and we are not allowed to spend like other teams who got a rich owner. You can see why our fans are feeling disgruntled.

My feelings exactly. 

And you can pretty much guarantee that if we do ever get back to the Prem, Sky TV will collapse just in time, meaning no money and no parachute payments again. 

The Wednesday way! 

Needs to be some perspective here.  It does look as though we have done wrong, and they will look to make an example of us, but they aren't going to throw us out of the league, and suggestions we won't have a club to support are just sensationalist.  Worst case scenario is they relegate us, either outright or by a strict points deduction that makes it all but a given.  More likely is they give us a hefty points deduction (I'm guessing at 15 points) and a transfer embargo, and even with that I'd more than fancy our chances of staying up.  

It's bad, but it isn't Armageddon.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Laughable how many people take that Maguire characters word as gospel ...

what an attention seeking belter 

I should dig out the twitter exchange I had with him.