EFL Statement

Just now, Royal_D said:

Chansiri will be off soon, that’s my genuine honest opinion , surprised if he hasn’t already got feelers out for offers 

He has wasted too much money for me, and can't recoup it unless he gets us up. He won't get anything close to his money back without promotion.

Going nowhere.

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Chansiri will be off soon, that’s my genuine honest opinion , surprised if he hasn’t already got feelers out for offers 

I don’t think he will but we’ll see.

Is there going to be a queue of buyers lined up for a club that’s lost £57 million in 3 years, has an EFL misconduct charge hanging over them and has the issues with the ground and SAG to resolve?

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

He has wasted too much money for me, and can't recoup it unless he gets us up. He won't get anything close to his money back without promotion.

Going nowhere.

Nope he won’t get his money back, not even close to it but he’s not gonna throw anymore at it, even if he’s owt else to throw at it 

delusional at best to think he’s gonna fund another crack at it from league one, which with a 25 point deduction will probably be the outcome 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Nope he won’t get his money back, not even close to it but he’s not gonna throw anymore at it, even if he’s owt else to throw at it 

delusional at best to think he’s gonna fund another crack at it from league one, which with a 25 point deduction will probably be the outcome 

Loads he can do yet.

We can sell the training ground to ourselves, start an imaginary catering company, sell more plaques for the seats, rent the executive boxes from ourselves again....

The list is endless. We'll be fine.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Loads he can do yet.

We can sell the training ground to ourselves, start an imaginary catering company, sell more plaques for the seats, rent the executive boxes from ourselves again....

The list is endless. We'll be fine.

Aye, next joke 

Said a few times before and I’ll say it again , it’s all well and good ripping it out of him but who’s keeping the lights on ?  The fans cus we pay expensive ticket prices ? 

1 minute ago, SwellOwl said:

Not a nice position to be in as fans. In a weird way, would like the outcome and decision to happen quickly. No club/fans wants this over their heads for too long.

Could this potentially drag pass the current season if we are appealing?

Probably drag past the current season without appealing ! The EFL are about as competent as South Yorkshire Police and Sheffield City Council 

3 hours ago, shez owl said:

Accounting Standards are not laws though. If we are breaking laws then I have to ask why a firm of auditors present and sign the accounts off. In fact if the practices used are not meeting accountancy standards and/or wilfully breaking the law of the land then it seems to be a silly thing to do on their behalf. If we are breaking laws I’m pretty sure the SFO would be knocking on doors and hauling us infront of a court? Has the sale gone through or not? is it registered with the land registry meaning it’s legally done? 
The EFL statement doesn’t say anything about their not being a sale they are concerned with process. So until we are under a police caution and being investigated by the SFO I cannot agree that we have broken any laws.

"Accounting Standards are not laws though"

Many a company who have held this opinion have come unstuck. 

In our case the Shareholders are not going after Mr C as he is the Shareholder, and in football terms "He does what he wants"

The tax man will not go after us either, because he'll end up paying more tax than he should have. 

Football is the most unusual of businesses, as when accounting standards are broken normally the shareholders or tax man or bank will go after the company in the court to argue accounting standards have not been applied. 

In the realm of football, we have to comply with the rules of the club our club is in. The EFL.

We won't end up in the High Court over this, but the EFL will apply accounting standards in their court. 

Mr Cs left hand buying Hillsborough for £60m from his left hand is not a true and fair market value. 

Let's not bury our heads in the sand on this one. We are where we are. 

I don't really want to see Wednesday players rolling around on the pitch to get an unfair advantage, and like wise I don't want to see the club bending the rules in the boardroom so Middlesbrough can claim to have the moral high ground either. 

Our club has the resources beat this problem. 

I'd rather we got on the phone to the EFL tomorrow and started negotiating what the points deduction was, and then we move forward knowing what the next battle is. 

It's a ridiculous situation to be in. Hamstrung for over a decade because of debt, now we are hamstrung because the Premier League wants to abolish relegation and promotion. 

The game is a farce.

1 minute ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

In our case the Shareholders are not going after Mr C as he is the Shareholder, and in football terms "He does what he wants"

The tax man will not go after us either, because he'll end up paying more tax than he should have. 

Football is the most unusual of businesses, as when accounting standards are broken normally the shareholders or tax man or bank will go after the company in the court to argue accounting standards have not been applied. 

In the realm of football, we have to comply with the rules of the club our club is in. The EFL.

We won't end up in the High Court over this, but the EFL will apply accounting standards in their court. 

Mr Cs left hand buying Hillsborough for £60m from his left hand is not a true and fair market value. 

I don't really want to see Wednesday players rolling around on the pitch to get an unfair advantage, and like wise I don't want to see the club bending the rules in the boardroom so Middlesbrough can claim to have the moral high ground either. 

I'd rather we got on the phone to the EFL tomorrow and started negotiating what the points deduction was, and then we move forward knowing what the next battle is. 

It's a ridiculous situation to be in. Hamstrung for over a decade because of debt, now we are hamstrung because the Premier League wants to abolish relegation and promotion. 

The game is a farce.

Last Paragraph ... on the money 

6 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Not a nice position to be in as fans. In a weird way, would like the outcome and decision to happen quickly. No club/fans wants this over their heads for too long.

Could this potentially drag pass the current season if we are appealing?

I suppose it could...It would be like a feature length version of a VAR horror film mate

• Haha 1

Nobody has hit on the problem.OK  we have broke the rules ,But 3 clubs every season can spend more than the rest of the division.Parachute  payments ,Scrap them , Clubs will try to match this anyway they can,Just like we have. Stoke next season will have a clear out and money in abundance ,Heaven knows where we will be ,But I know where I will be Hillsborough ,Hopefully the owner wont be.

3 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Nobody has hit on the problem.OK  we have broke the rules ,But 3 clubs every season can spend more than the rest of the division.Parachute  payments ,Scrap them , Clubs will try to match this anyway they can,Just like we have. Stoke next season will have a clear out and money in abundance ,Heaven knows where we will be ,But I know where I will be Hillsborough ,Hopefully the owner wont be.

Thats the problem mate...and I think more or less EVERYBODY has hit on it

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

The game is a farce.

It truly is a farce, generation of kids will turn their back on, if not the game certainly going to it

18 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Probably drag past the current season without appealing ! The EFL are about as competent as South Yorkshire Police and Sheffield City Council 

The Birmingham report stated the reasons that one went on as long as it did and that future ones won’t do. Obviously any appeal would throw that out the window.