Dawson with a brilliant save again.

Yes, time to get behind him, hope that Westwood helps him to improve dealing with crosses and we have a keeper that is more than good enough for the future. 

Not his fault Jos preferred him and time to embrace his potential. We are potentially 3 points better off for having him last 2 games. 

3 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Brilliant save and Dawson deserves credit. I’d be gutted if one of our lads missed a free header from 5 yards out like that though, either side of the keeper and it’s in

It did go to the side of the keeper, hence great save 

Dawson did save us, no doubt about it but his kicking was dreadful. He kicked into areas of the field where none of our players were so many times I was doing my nut. If he did kick near one of our players it was Bannan or Harris and usually they were up against a tall guy.

His job is stopping goals but you would at least expect some competent kicking.

1 minute ago, prowl said:

Dawson did save us, no doubt about it but his kicking was dreadful. He kicked into areas of the field where none of our players were so many times I was doing my nut. If he did kick near one of our players it was Bannan or Harris and usually they were up against a tall guy.

His job is stopping goals but you would at least expect some competent kicking.

Does he deliberately aim for the right touchline? Tonight he was so consistent I’m actually thinking it might be tactical

Surely hitting Adam Reach with a ball 7ft off the ground can’t be the policy though

Guest Grez Bez
1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

can we please for once not make this Westwood v Dawson?

I noticed that. I guess Reach is better in the air than Harris. 

Must have thought Fletcher would have 2 men on him perhaps?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Everyone knows my thoughts on Dawson but that save was absolutely superb and almost single-handedly won us the 3 points.

I bet that Westwood has given away significantly more goals per minutes played than Dawson over the past 3 seasons. He's been a bit of a liability for a while to be honest.

To be fair to Westwood though, he does seem to manage the defence better and we look more stable in general play when he's in goal, but I find it hard to blame Dawson for the outfield players not performing as well for him. It shouldn't be entirely his responsibility to get them playing confidently.

Edited by Dan™