Dawson with a brilliant save again.

Yes he made a great save. And has done on the occasions He has come in.I've got nothing against Dawson and our fans haven't either (it might seem as they do).

When Westwood is injured he is the best we have to turn to. Simple as. 

I think the question/problem? is, as he's our next best now, what happens when Westwood doesn't sign that new contract? Is he good enough consistently and the first half of last season will sway the fans thinking no matter what

1 minute ago, BBob said:

Yes he made a great save. And has done on the occasions He has come in.I've got nothing against Dawson and our fans haven't either (it might seem as they do).

When Westwood is injured he is the best we have to turn to. Simple as. 

I think the question/problem? is, as he's our next best now, what happens when Westwood doesn't sign that new contract? Is he good enough consistently and the first half of last season will sway the fans thinking no matter what

He’s played the last two games.

1 poor performance, 1 good performance.

That - and his recent history of (understandable) inconsistency - is probably why lots of people don’t see him as #1 right now

His two saves vs Cardiff were class too, esp first one where commentators said it hit post, did it fk it was a brilliant save. 

Young keepers grow into having more command and knowing when to come and when to stay. 

He has all the ability to be our keeper for next 10 years after Westy. He's a bit of a nutter too which also helps. 

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Because we’re talking about Dawson’s performance. That’s it.

Go and post in the Dawson v Westwood thread if you can’t help yourself.

So if someone posts a thread criticising a performance we're not allowed to post saying 'actually think he did alright'??

Same thing?

2 minutes ago, BBob said:

So if someone posts a thread criticising a performance we're not allowed to post saying 'actually think he did alright'??

Same thing?

It’s a Wednesday thing. Fox is playing well, so the mob go searching for a new target. 

It's the same thing. Maybe you're are still watching his 2 saves.

I 'compared" Westwood and Dawson in a topic about praising Dawson. 

It's the same as posting in a thread that is saying a player had a bad game but you think he did ok.

Think about it. It's not hard. I have put it in the simplest terms Possible for you.

Edited by BBob
Quoted at mcobviously right all the time'

7 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Love how all the Dawson haters are in denial about it. 

For crying out loud , here we go again...……..add Dawson to the Fox, Nuhiu, Pelupessy, list.

I am not a "hater" (what a puerile term that is) ...I did however criticize him on Friday because, one save apart, I thought his performance was poor.

Tonight he played very well , well done Cameron lad more of the same please...………………..(see what I did there, I was critical when he was poor, and praised him when he played well...….who`d have thought it eh ? )

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

It’s a Wednesday thing. Fox is playing well, so the mob go searching for a new target. 

I ain't criticising Dawson. And Fox played well Friday. No player played well tonight but got the job done

8 minutes ago, BBob said:

I ain't criticising Dawson. And Fox played well Friday. No player played well tonight but got the job done

We didn't concede and kept stoke to 1 attempt and you dont think the back 4 and keeper played well ....hows that work?

55 minutes ago, prowl said:

Dawson did save us, no doubt about it but his kicking was dreadful. He kicked into areas of the field where none of our players were so many times I was doing my nut. If he did kick near one of our players it was Bannan or Harris and usually they were up against a tall guy.

His job is stopping goals but you would at least expect some competent kicking.

What a load of rubbish.....his kicks were consistently at Reach.....so much so that it was obviously what he’d been told to do.....if you think he was kicking it to Bannan or Harris then a trip to specsavers might not be a bad shout

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh, but thought Dawson should have tracked the cross/commanded his area and punched it away before the chance even came about. Should have smashed the ball/ player everything.

Great save no doubt but I thought he could have dealt with it much sooner

1 minute ago, Box_Man said:

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh, but thought Dawson should have tracked the cross/commanded his area and punched it away before the chance even came about. Should have smashed the ball/ player everything.

Great save no doubt but I thought he could have dealt with it much sooner

Guarantee if he’d punched it as you say he should have then you’d be on here saying he should have caught it

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

For crying out loud , here we go again...……..add Dawson to the Fox, Nuhiu, Pelupessy, list.

I am not a "hater" (what a puerile term that is) ...I did however criticize him on Friday because, one save apart, I thought his performance was poor.

Tonight he played very well , well done Cameron lad more of the same please...………………..(see what I did there, I was critical when he was poor, and praised him when he played well...….who`d have thought it eh ? )

I thought he played well Friday also unless were blaming him for the goal?